Whats after death?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Austere and Robin, I think you have gone far from the subject of this thread. And the things you are talking about can not be prooved, but maybe thats the beauty of the life, because you dont know, and you always wonder. Does anything matters or not, it depends on you. All the brains in the world can not tell the same lie. What we see and feel, thats the truth. What we dont see and we dont know, it doesnt exists, at least for us. But we can always imagine about the things we dont know, and it will be true for us, untill someone proove us that its not.

J

jerrin

whatever you think is after death. it all depends on what you believe. for example, if you are christian, you believe you will go to heaven. so after you die, you go to heaven.

whatever you think is after death. it all depends on what you believe. for example, if you are christian, you believe you will go to heaven. so after you die, you go to heaven.
I am a christian, but i dont know if Ill go to heaven or hell. I just dont know really, so I can beleive in what I want.

D

Dave_N

I am a christian, but i dont know if Ill go to heaven or hell. I just dont know really, so I can beleive in what I want.
I'm also a Catholic (as you can probably tell from my Jesus avatar), but I don't know if I buy into the whole heaven or hell concept. I think heaven is reserved for the saints and hell is reserved for evil people (murderers etc.). But where do the rest of us go when we die? Maybe the astral world or reincarnate as somebody else and maybe some spirits stick around and keep re-living the events that lead up to their death?

Austere Night

If the big bang is true: Where was the universe before big bang?
Nowhere. There was no universe to be anywhere, and no space with which to occupy. EVERYTHING was all bundled up into the infinitely small little dot. EVERYTHING means space, time, energy, matter, anything at all. It all started expanding.

Some doubt has been cast on the big bang, but it is still the scientifically accepted theory.

This is going to sound crazy (so prepare yourselves).

I have come to think of the human brain (and that of every other creature that has one) as a receiver of sorts. What it receives is consciousness. Meaning that we are all one on a fundamental level. What separates us is our decisions and each one of us is capable of recognizing our unique place in the world and the universe.

In other words, we are all connected. We don't really realize it but every once in a while a person will have a brief realization of it. Just a glimpse and then it's gone.

I think there are certain things that every single one of us just intrinsically knows without having to be taught. How else do you explain that unless all of us are tuned into something that gives us all the basic information?

By the way. I didn't just pull this out of my ass. Although it may seem that way. There is a reason I believe that the true nature of our existence is something more along the lines of what I've just said. I don't think it would be appropriate for me to post the exact reason here. Let's just call it a near death experience.
That sounds exatly how my mom view things she reads alot up Deepak chopra and stuff like that, Higher state of conciousness kinda stuff.

I believe there is nothing that's it anything thing else isnt logical.

Nowhere. There was no universe to be anywhere, and no space with which to occupy. EVERYTHING was all bundled up into the infinitely small little dot. EVERYTHING means space, time, energy, matter, anything at all. It all started expanding.

Some doubt has been cast on the big bang, but it is still the scientifically accepted theory.
That small dot, where was it before? And from what was created that dot? And why it started expanding? There was no space before? Hard to imagine...

Austere Night

So where did the dot come from?
Few theories out there.Really, though, it is unverifiable. This infinite compression ruined any "signatures" of what might have come before. Working backwards with what we see today, we can only go back to that point.

A dominant theory, the one I subscribe to, is that this universe will one day start getting smaller, so small that gravity pulls it back from whence it came. It will become infinitely compressed and explode again. It's a cycle.

Few theories out there.Really, though, it is unverifiable. This infinite compression ruined any "signatures" of what might have come before. Working backwards with what we see today, we can only go back to that point.

A dominant theory, the one I subscribe to, is that this universe will one day start getting smaller, so small that gravity pulls it back from whence it came. It will become infinitely compressed and explode again. It's a cycle.
We all know about this theory, but its just a theory....... So, when universe will start getting smaller, what will be left at the place where it is now when it is huge? Nothing? Describe nothing.

Austere Night

Nothing. That's a perfect description. There's nothing to describe. Humans have never experience nothing. As soon as we have consciousness, we always see something. Even in darkness a few of the nerves in your eyes are still active, so we have never seen, nor can ever see or experience nothing. We are something, and so if we are there we ruin nothingness. Humans cannot begin to fathom nothingness. That's the best description.

We don't know what comes after death for certain. Some believe in eternal life. Others believe in karma or reincarnation. Some think there is nothing.I guess we will all have to wait until the day of reckoning. And maybe even then, we won't have the answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00