What's Your Beef!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that I made a donation to the ASPCA once and now it seems EVERY animal rights (including some I don't care for) and animal welfare group has my address and e-mail. There's a certain one that I swear stalks you if they find out you love animals. No, I don't want to send you money. :rant:
Yeah I don't give to charity anymore,I used to give money by direct debit every month to the nspcc. I'm not well off but I gave what I could because I feel strongly about child abuse. All was well for about six months until I got phone calls asking if I could up my payments,then letters. I decided my gift obviously wasn't enough for them so I decided to stop giving them anything.

Growing Pains

I don't any more, either. Partially because I can't afford to any more, partially because when you donate to the larger ones, they begin to harass you. When I start donating again, I'm going to find a local charity to give to. Or I'll just skip the donation and volunteer.

Getting phone calls from people in India who barely speak english that wanna discuss my energy suppliers and would I like to switch blah blah blah! I hate any telesales in general and I've taken to using abusive language in order to stop them. I'm not getting the same level of calls now so maybe im speaking a language they understand!

People who sit in the right hand lane at red lights when they're going straight, knowing damn good and well there is a line of cars behind them waiting to turn right stuck there for a whole light cycle...

People who don't come to a COMPLETE stop at a stop sign...

People who don't use turning signals, so you almost hit them as they're making a turn...

People who text while driving on the interstate going 70+ mph...

Stupid drivers in general.

Getting phone calls from people in India who barely speak english that wanna discuss my energy suppliers and would I like to switch blah blah blah! I hate any telesales in general and I've taken to using abusive language in order to stop them. I'm not getting the same level of calls now so maybe im speaking a language they understand!
lol I was a telasales rep for a while and I hated it, but now when I get the calls I listen to them, then tell them when and where they went off script and how that hurt any effort they had made in trying to get a sale because going off script voids the transaction, tell them to learn their script to prevent any future mistakes and to please take my number out of the system, that if I get one more call from their company I will press charges for harassment and that I too was recording the conversation for quality control. Very seldom do I get a second call lol

lightbeam

Antiquities Friend
lol I was a telasales rep for a while and I hated it, but now when I get the calls I listen to them, then tell them when and where they went off script and how that hurt any effort they had made in trying to get a sale because going off script voids the transaction, tell them to learn their script to prevent any future mistakes and to please take my number out of the system, that if I get one more call from their company I will press charges for harassment and that I too was recording the conversation for quality control. Very seldom do I get a second call lol
:lol!:

Unclean bathrooms in hospitals. A few days ago I spent 16 hours in the hospital with a friend of mine and only ONCE did I see a cleaning lady enter the bathroom across the hall from my friends ER room... nasty!

Working moms who don't need to work because their husbands make more than enough money to support their family, but choose to dump her babies in daycare to be raised by strangers for 9 hours a day from as early as 2 weeks old, then over-compensate for it by turning the kid into a spoiled little brat with a princess complex all because the carrier is more important to her than actually being a mother.

Healthy, able bodied and able minded mothers who SHOULD be working because their husband doesn't make enough money to support the family but choose not to and get on welfare instead in states that offer FREE state run childcare for low income working parents, using being unable to afford daycare as an excuse for being a fat lazy cow who doesn't even clean the house and constantly yells at the kids for acting their ages.

People who think depression will go away if you want it to. lol. That one always gets me; yes, I so totally want to be depressed, you got me, it's my choice to be miserable... twats.

Backwards ball caps... it's 2011 people!

When I get my socks wet :/

Running out of money AND tampons at the same time. (ewww, I know, but it sucks ass)

Rick Perry... just Rick Perry.

People who bash Atheists.

People who bash religious people.

Hipsters.

Conspiracy theorists.

People who tell me smoking will kill me, as if I don't already know this.

Grown ass women who gossip like they are still in high school.

People who judge without knowledge.

People who treat waiters and cashiers like crap.

That I have so many beefs!

Underground

Daily Mail readers. Seriously, as much as they make me laugh with their absurd, farfetched view on just about... everything. I can't help but get irritated by their inconsistency and the whole "I'm not racist/sexist/homophobic/misguided, but... (women/feminism/liberals/gay people/immigrants/the police are to blame for all the worlds problems! Including cancer and the breakdown of the family").

Nothing beats the irony of that paper criticising education standards of Britain today when half their journalists do not know how to proof read, or how they feel the irresistible need to mention the price of someones house (especially if they are minted) when they are doing an article on someone.

Daily Mail readers. Seriously, as much as they make me laugh with their absurd, farfetched view on just about... everything. I can't help but get irritated by their inconsistency and the whole "I'm not racist/sexist/homophobic/misguided, but... (women/feminism/liberals/gay people/immigrants/the police are to blame for all the worlds problems! Including cancer and the breakdown of the family").

Nothing beats the irony of that paper criticising education standards of Britain today when half their journalists do not know how to proof read, or how they feel the irresistible need to mention the price of someones house (especially if they are minted) when they are doing an article on someone.

I personally don't know why anybody buys a newspaper anymore? They are all scumbags as far as I'm concerned,I don't buy one but I do look at the sportpages in that shit roll "the sun" which my mother buys. It frustrates the hell out of me how they misqoute players and managers everyday without fail to create a story out of nothing. It's become an acceptable form of journalism it seems,I watch the news on tv and get the facts,I really can't be doing with rumours and lies which every single newspaper peddles.

Growing Pains

I personally don't know why anybody buys a newspaper anymore? They are all scumbags as far as I'm concerned,I don't buy one but I do look at the sportpages in that shit roll "the sun" which my mother buys. It frustrates the hell out of me how they misqoute players and managers everyday without fail to create a story out of nothing. It's become an acceptable form of journalism it seems,I watch the news on tv and get the facts,I really can't be doing with rumours and lies which every single newspaper peddles.
Well, I don't know about anyone else - and I'm not in the UK, so I can't speak of their newspapers - but I still buy my local paper. So my dogs can have something to piss and crap on. I'll occasionally catch a glimpse of something so asinine while laying the paper down on the floor that I can't help but scoff and it makes me feel better about the good use I'm putting the paper to. :tongue:

While on that... yes, certain portions of the media bother me. Especially the fact that if a journalist or someone on Channel 5 news says it's so, then a very large group of people mindlessly believe it's so. "Summer of the shark" anyone?

The royal family disowning members of their own family and leaving them to rot in a mental asylum.They could of taken good care of those girls and they could have done wonders for changing attitudes surrounding mental health. They would have been viewed in a good light and mental health would probably be less stigmatised today but nooo they felt ashamed,embarrassed and turned their backs on their own. I hope those jug eared fuckers all rot in hell.

Well, I don't know about anyone else - and I'm not in the UK, so I can't speak of their newspapers - but I still buy my local paper. So my dogs can have something to piss and crap on. I'll occasionally catch a glimpse of something so asinine while laying the paper down on the floor that I can't help but scoff and it makes me feel better about the good use I'm putting the paper to. :tongue:

While on that... yes, certain portions of the media bother me. Especially the fact that if a journalist or someone on Channel 5 news says it's so, then a very large group of people mindlessly believe it's so. "Summer of the shark" anyone?
Nice haha,so this is what newspapers are for!

Underground

True, but at least The Sun doesn't masquerade as a "family newspaper". They make it clear if they vilify someone and its readership doesn't comprise of overnostalgic, unhinged "old" people who suffer from a massive persecution complex. They don't even read the article and launch off on a massive tangent just going by the headline, even though the headline is often misleading.

They claim not to be racist or sexist and simply "against political correctness" but the truth is, they are both of those + more. There was an article on Stephen Lawrence's mother setting up a fund, and tbf to the DM, it was a positive article, only three people commented in a positive way, and all three comments are littered with "red arrows" (meaning badly rated) and it seems from other articles on the matter they are rather bitter and unsympathetic towards the case.

Really I guess this is a meaningless beef and I find myself reading the paper out of habit since it does make me laugh, but I've let it irritate me too. It frightens me that there is that many nutters in this country, but I digress.

Yeah I take your point threxy,I'm still not keen on any of the newspapers tho. I think they brainwash people and I prefer to think for myself.I think sharkdogs has found the perfect use for newspaper.

Xaos

Button Up Jeans.

Whoever decided to put buttons on jeans instead of a zip should be sacked from their job, then chained to a pole and forced to drink until they piss themselves. Assholes.

The sun newspaper-Goals pullout-journalist antony kastrinakis-
You are a fucking dick of the highest order! This kind of stupid journalism which is based on the premise that all your readers are stupid (not far wrong) needs to stop. Arsene Wenger tells French paper that if things go wrong with the team and the season were to end in complete failiure he'd consider quitting. Arsene himself clarifies this on Saturday evening and has no desire to leave the club. Monday morning this andy dick writes in The Sun newspaper " why has Wenger told his countrymen he could leave this season!! He always goes on about honouring contracts yet he has 2 and half years left on his!! No wonder their players won't commit their futures to the club!"
God what a dick,can I get a job at The Sun please? I'm iliterate and I can make shit up too.

Butterfly

Sim Addict
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
The NHS. As a patient in two different sectors, I am pretty pissed off with the lack of communication between each team. My consultant should not have to ask me what the fuck is going on when he should know :/

Random

I just hate people. Period. I hate everyone. I used to wonder why I was miserable. I thought there were good people and bad people and I blamed the "bad people" for everything. And then I got an internet connection and started reading people's thoughts (literally) and realized I just plain can't stand people. Yes. There are people who do bad things and make things worse but there aren't any really good people when it comes right down to it. Everyone has a nasty side.

I'm just wondering as a smoker why I have to have graphic photographs of tumours and diseased lungs on my tobacco not to mention warnings about sperm,damage to unborn babies blah blah blah!!
In that case how come alcohol doesn't carry photographs of diseased livers,heart,stomach not to mention photographs of car wrecks,battered wives and someone laying dead in a pool of their own vomit? Just strikes me as some hypocrisy going on here.
Tobacco advertising is outlawed yet alcohol is fine to be associated with all sports! Watch a premiership game on a Sunday afternoon and every other advert is for carling,budweiser,smirnoff! Is this healthy? I love a drink me so I'm most definitely not anti alcohol just hypocrisy bothers me.

Kaos General

True, but at least The Sun doesn't masquerade as a "family newspaper". They make it clear if they vilify someone and its readership doesn't comprise of overnostalgic, unhinged "old" people who suffer from a massive persecution complex. They don't even read the article and launch off on a massive tangent just going by the headline, even though the headline is often misleading.

They claim not to be racist or sexist and simply "against political correctness" but the truth is, they are both of those + more. There was an article on Stephen Lawrence's mother setting up a fund, and tbf to the DM, it was a positive article, only three people commented in a positive way, and all three comments are littered with "red arrows" (meaning badly rated) and it seems from other articles on the matter they are rather bitter and unsympathetic towards the case.

Really I guess this is a meaningless beef and I find myself reading the paper out of habit since it does make me laugh, but I've let it irritate me too. It frightens me that there is that many nutters in this country, but I digress.
Unless you are a middle class, elitist, racist then your comments will always be red arrowed, i make it my mission to gain as many of them as i can, try it, its a fun competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$130.00
Goal
$255.00