• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

when you're depressed what makes you feel better:

time......

then again it depends on how long and severe the depression is. At certain points nothing matters... Its like you are trapped under water, looking up at someone reaching a hand to you..... Yet you can only smile up at them.
 

oval

Well-Known Member
t depends on what kind of depressed I am.

Sometimes food just to make me feel worthy (worthy of good food and therefore worthy in general) I want to feel like I'm doing something good for myself to feel like I deserve good things.

When I'm extremely depressed I can't eat at all. Then, sitting in the closet....it's dark and comfortable there.
Talking to someone, anyone, preferably about sometng positive just a conversation to tame my mind of things.

My cats, being in nature(but safe from slugs/snails), sunshine, a quick smile from a stranger or a friendly gesture. I love holding doors open for people and smiling at them.

And when nothing helps, dancing! Like a crazy person with my arms flying around and I imagine African music playing to it. that is the most spiritual, relieving, trance-like thing I have ever discovered. It's like meditation but stronger.
 

hawk

Account Closed
-Im an actor so letting emotions out in an artistic way like acting is always a good way to help!
-Healthy food
-Running. I LOVE RUNNING! i run a good 60-70miles a week
-Being busssssyyy!
-Having someone that cares (very rare this one is around)
 

cutiepie132

Well-Known Member
One thing I always tell myself "If life wants to kick me one in the ass, I am going to kick it one back".. You have the capability of finding a way to at least make it a little better. One problem I always had was feeling worthless because my health problems had me so down. Felt like a failure with everything I did. Now I am almost finished with college to have my medical certification and I'm going to keep going for a nursing degree. I did something meaningful to change those thoughts. If you feel that way, you need to find a way to change it. Don't think there isn't any options because there is.

Another thing I did, which may not be a healthy way of doing it, is supressing my thoughts. Worked out great really with helping me get over being depressed. I've recently started having nightmares (every night) over these feelings. So I don't know what is going to happen. If it makes me too sad, I'll have to get help with some dream control I guess.

Well I really hope this post helps someone feel better..
 

Joshy

Well-Known Member
I think I have a learning disability because I seriously can't comprehend or understand the form of "short term" and "long term" when it could just simple be "What makes you feel better when you're sad?"

So I'm going to answer it my way: What makes you feel better when you're sad?

1. Listening to Electronic music on my 100W concert amplifier (I enjoy the feeling of the Electronic drum samples, and the sub bass it pushes out violently. )
2. Sex with my girlfriend. Although the fear of ever having getting her pregnant is quite scary and I try to avoid sex sometimes.
3. Sleeping. ALL FUCKING DAY. 24/1 or 2 days.
4. Talking to my distant best friend Mikki on Skype.
5. Engorging myself with cups of coffee until I get a tummy ache.
6. Oreo's and coffee.
7. Producing Electronic music.
8. Mixing Electronic music.
9. I like to put on a bunch of dorky silly accessories (even if they make me feel a little insecure) because I think I look cute in cat ears, a bow-tie, and lens-less 3D glasses.
10. Minecraft. I enjoy building a pretty home to live in. Then I stay inside it and just peek out the windows occasionally or just walk around in my home on Minecraft. Nothing else. :3
11. Sitting underneath my desk. It reminds me of public school weather drills. I'm home-schooled now due to being severely bullied to an extent of being stabbed. But I do dearly miss public school and I'm apparently too old, in too low of a grade to be let back in ANY public school. So that is my biggest depress really. But I still enjoy sitting underneath my desk, sometimes playing Donkey Kong on my old Gameboy Original. ^^
 
Last edited by a moderator:

jasonkramer

Well-Known Member
raking my nails along my skull and arms seems to help. i also find that getting angry helps too. may sound bead but hatred and anger seem to be my best emotions. i dont remember the last time i was happy. i am some times peaceful which is nice. i dont really feel fear so much as paranoia. being sad or depressed makes me want to kill my self. but my hatred and anger motivate me to show my superiority over others and hopefully kill many many people one day. i just regret i cant wipe out out entire species. i hate all human life. once thought of becoming a satanist. after some time i had to quit because their sheer stupidity made me want to kill them as well. as iam sure you can imagine i spend a lot of time alone. i especially enjoy it when i can go camping for a few days and be totally alone. i like my solitude.
 
my boyfriend always made me feel better long term but he left me. My cat did too but she died. I don't have anything long term now.
short term going outside as odd as it sounds, on a bus and into town. I don't have any friends so I'm just sitting in my bedroom if I stay in. I go for a walk everyday or into town and walk around, I know people in the coffee shop and there's a homeless fellow I always talk to. And people watching and being on a bus load of people is nice because it feels less lonely. :]
 
today i took a cold shower in the dark.
it was really painful to do, it felt terrible.

but once i got out everything was so warm and bright
felt a little better since that shower ended
 
St johns wort.

I would have never believed it could work untill I tried it.

Ive started taking 333 mg three times a day and my energy levels are back to normal and it literally forces me not to be depressed (any depressive feelings ferociosly trigger temple pain, which I also had constantly and the st johns wort removed it completely, unless I feel depressed).

So the stuff is basically telling me 'hey, im gonna fix your brain. But if you feel bad again im gonna kick you in the temples 10 times worse than you had it before. So stop doing that or else'.

Maybe after a few more weeks / months of taking the stuff my depressive thoughts will go away....

What is the point in living life?
Why not just die?
I would rather be dead than live this life.
I dont like anything.
Nobody likes me.
Everything and everyone is evil and bad.
And im worse than everything and everyone else.
I dont belong in this world.
I dont want to live in this world anymore.
I cant be human, not even an animal.
I must be an alien.

TO ALL OF THE ABOVE, KINDLY F OFF AND DONT COME BACK.
 
I would recommend extreme caution with the use of St. John's Wort. It interacts with many medications, both prescription and over the counter. The studies on the effectiveness of St. John's Wort have been mixed, with many showing no benefit whatsoever over placebo. If you do take it, make sure to tell your doctor before being given any medication and fully read all drug facts and ask the pharmacist about interactions between the OTC medicine and St. John's Wort.
 
What makes me feel better is scribbling really hard on paper. Its a good thing to do that got me out of self harm! Being around animals makes me feel happy especially around cats because of good vibes i get around them. Music is also a major life saver!
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$255.00
Top