• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

when you're depressed what makes you feel better:

Just wanna share this...

Yoga is an excellent exercise for Stress Relief. Sharing your problems with your loved ones can also help you get rid of stress. Aggressiveness and headaches are some of the physical symptoms of anxiety and stress. You can join weekend seminars on stress and tension management too. Red wine, if taken in moderate amount, provides quick 'stress relief'.

Hope this may help...
 
I'm new here but what I do to make myself feel better is to read books, mainly comic books for me, but I always look forward to the ending that Peter Parker chooses for himself and how he gets through tough spots.
 

fms

Well-Known Member
I usually listen to music, or read old letters :tongue:
I can never concentrate on reading when I'm feeling really depresed :sad:
 
Gonna try keep this positive like the rest of you. lol

The things that make me feel better.....

1. the one thing i couldnt live without JOSH! he is my life saver.
2. my anti-depressants.
3. my niece and nephews, the make all the pain worth while.
4. Sex... although some times it is the reason i get so depression... sex addiction is confusing!
5. nutella and ice cream lol
6. going for a run
7. doing my art
 

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
listening to my daughter play violin
watching her do art
walking in my yard
sleeping alot
talking with my psychologist sometimes
laughing outloud even when im sad
baking lots of tarts and pies
visiting with my son
 
Hello everyone,

I don't really have any long term fixes, but my short terms would be

Writing
Taking walks
Playing video games
Reading
Sitting with my kitty and listening to her purr
Playing games with my friends
Shopping (depending on how much money I have at my disposal)

One thing I really miss that helped a TON a few years ago is when my closest friend and I would bake a cake and just eat the whole thing by ourselves while watching some kind of kids movie.

Now that I think about it, doing anything silly from my childhood often helps as well :)

I've loved reading all your responses!
 
For a long time finding something that makes me feel better is what has made me hold on for the past few years. I've tried as suggested to see positives in life. Problem now is I've ran out of options. No, I'm not an addict of any kind, and I haven't used illegal drugs for that feeling. It's simply the fact I can no longer find any reason to keep going on and dealing with the constant emotional pain I feel. I've been through counseling and anti-depressants, but it hasn't worked.
 
Short term

- music ( playing and listening )
- texting
- gaming
- using photoshop

Long term

- friends
- lover
- some family
- talking to people about my problems
- eating
- Guitar Hero ( long periods of time )
 

TBear

Antiquities Friend
Chocolate, wine, flowers, a bubble bath, a call to my therapist if I'm really bad off, and especially a smile or hug from one or more of my kids....
 

QuadLazer

Well-Known Member
Hmmmmmm sex. Lots of sex. And alcohol. Alcohol rocks. Well, as long as it's just once in a while. Or if I'm just upset temporarily anything ultraviolent helps, whether it be really heavy music, a bloody movie/game, etc.
 

Epical Taylz

Well-Known Member
it's kinda weird:
when i'm with people and start crying and knowing that my face is black from mascara makes me laugh and get in a good mood.

also when my boyfriend makes fun of his brother, i don't know why it always puts me in a good mood.

but if i'm alone taking a bubble bath and crying really helps, it actually makes me feel better. also Nick@Nite cheers me up emensly.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$25.00
Goal
$255.00
Top