Where is everybody from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
Glad you like'em Ash. I love 'em too. It calms you down looking at the sheer beauty of nature and all that in the middle of the city. These are all taken at just a 5 min. walk from where I live.
You're right there, certainly is calming. Must be better actually being there in person.

Lara_C

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
That actually sounds like a place i used to work at once just on the outskirts of london.
IIRC there's a one (Broxbourne?) in Wales somewhere as well. The one in West Lothian must have the most pubs in the country within the distance of its main street. IIRC, one of them was even called Drinkers Paradise (after the supermarket chain Shoppers Paradise)

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
IIRC there's a one (Broxbourne?) in Wales somewhere as well. The one in West Lothian must have the most pubs in the country within the distance of its main street. IIRC, one of them was even called Drinkers Paradise (after the supermarket chain Shoppers Paradise)
Take me there, pleeease!

Stijn

Innerceptor
You're right there, certainly is calming. Must be better actually being there in person.
Yeah of course. But the pictures are something else. The way the light falls into the lens creates something different, it kinda becomes a painting almost. Special effects;)

By the way, these pictures have not been altered in any way, no photoshop.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
Yeah of course. But the pictures are something else. The way the light falls into the lens creates something different, it kinda becomes a painting almost. Special effects;)

By the way, these pictures have not been altered in any way, no photoshop.
Makes those pictures all the mor effective if they havn't been altered by photoshop. And can't argue there, it does kinda almost become a painting.
More importantly, those photos certainly do have a becalming effect.

Stijn

Innerceptor
Makes those pictures all the mor effective if they havn't been altered by photoshop. And can't argue there, it does kinda almost become a painting.
More importantly, those photos certainly do have a becalming effect.
Yes, sometimes when I'm not feeling too good I scroll through them and it helps, it really does. Glad it does the same for you.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
Clair, as I always maintain, it's not about the outside, it's what's on the inside that matters!
By the way, Clair, I noticed earlier on today that there was a thread asking you to stay on SF. Although I've only know you for a short time, you were one of the first to talk to me and I'm so glad you're still with us.

Stijn

Innerceptor
By the way, Clair, I noticed earlier on today that there was a thread asking you to stay on SF. Although I've only know you for a short time, you were one of the first to talk to me and I'm so glad you're still with us.
Yeah Clair, are you leaving us? What's that thread all about?

Lara_C

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Yes, sometimes when I'm not feeling too good I scroll through them and it helps, it really does. Glad it does the same for you.
I'm very susceptible to scenes of natural beauty too....It's good for us urban concrete jungle dwellers to be reminded that there is a magical world of awe and beauty out there. Be good to start a separate thread for people to post pictures with the WOW factor.

Lara_C

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Yeah Clair, are you leaving us? What's that thread all about?
Thanks for that. Let's just say an issue arose which has now been resolved (sort of)

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
Thanks for that. Let's just say an issue arose which has now been resolved (sort of)
Clair, I hope you get a full resolution with whatever issue may be troubling you. You seem like a genuine and caring person. I can offer you my best wishes, but if you ever need to talk, I've got a big set of ears.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
I'm very susceptible to scenes of natural beauty too....It's good for us urban concrete jungle dwellers to be reminded that there is a magical world of awe and beauty out there. Be good to start a separate thread for people to post pictures with the WOW factor.
I think we should definetley do this, "pictures with a WOW factor"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$255.00
Goal
$255.00