Who was Jim?

shania

The question occasionally comes up, especially from new members - Who was Jim, that our café threads are named after?

Jim (his username was jimk) was a long-time member here since 2008, as well as a moderator, who was the one that usually started the café thread every morning. He was a retired accountant in his sixties and would often mention his autistic son Johnny (affectionately called "Zoomies") who lived with him. He loved technology and enjoyed music and collecting movies. Even though he had gone through some very difficult times, he loved life and was committed to SF and helping others.

He passed unexpectedly from natural causes in April, 2014.

The daily threads were originally called the Café. After he passed it became Jim's Café, in his honor.

We remember and miss you, Jim.

Aj q8

The question occasionally comes up, especially from new members - Who was Jim, that our café threads are named after?

Jim (his username was jimk) was a long-time member here since 2008, as well as a moderator, who was the one that usually started the café thread every morning. He was a retired accountant in his sixties and would often mention his autistic son Johnny (affectionately called "Zoomies") who lived with him. He loved technology and enjoyed music and collecting movies. Even though he had gone through some very difficult times, he loved life and was committed to SF and helping others.

He passed unexpectedly from natural causes in April, 2014.

The daily threads were originally called the Café. After he passed it became Jim's Café, in his honor.

We remember and miss you, Jim.
What a beautiful thing to do ..it melts my heart

shania

Hi @Kereviz -

That's a great question! I did a little digging and at first glance it appeared that the answer was no. But I tried another way and found them!

You can read them by first clicking on this: @jimk

Select 'profile page' and from there you can look through his posts, including the café ones; it looks like everything was saved :)

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00