Why is everyone an empath?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lara_C

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
You get certain reads on people and it's quite universal. It's very hard to fake fear, for example. When I can't tell if they're faking or acting, it's means they're acting.
Some people are brilliant actors though. The fact that so many are deceived by skilled manipulators shows that it's not easy to tell the difference between real and fake.

Dark111

FORMER SF SUPPORTER
Some people are brilliant actors though. The fact that so many are deceived by skilled manipulators shows that it's not easy to tell the difference between real and fake.
Everyone is a brilliant actor in my books. People have to be. We're all chameleons. We all suit situations. But every now and then you'll meet someone who's a bit more obvious than the rest. Subtle behavioral cues most of the time, but sometimes it's just the look in their eye. If there's a certain vulnerability missing there you know they're just a charmer.

Dark111

FORMER SF SUPPORTER
So it's vulnerability you home in on?
Exactly. People show their vulnerabilities way too much. The smart, or at least, street wise ones are more cagey. It's all down to experience. Sometimes just knowing a persons background gives you all you need to know. All their bad decisions. The fact that they're even a single mother tells you a lot.

Dark111

FORMER SF SUPPORTER
Care to elaborate?
For what purpose?
Why didn't they pick a guy who'd stick around, and even marry them? It shows impulsiveness to me. I got an earful about impulsiveness when I was locked up. I don't get your question about purpose. My original thread was that people are accepting of anything as long as it's said in a nice way. Please redirect me.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
@Lara_C the fact that @Dark111 has ASPD, more likely than not, makes him/or her very skilled at reading people. This applies to all antisocial personalities, sociopaths, and psychopaths. You're basing your viewpoint on the premise that because someone with ASPD has a lack of empathy, that means they shouldn't be able to determine what others are feeling and thinking. And it's actually quite the opposite. They're absolute masters of reading emotional cues, body language, and others' intentions. My husband is a sociopath, and he's very skilled at this sort of thing.

Dark111

FORMER SF SUPPORTER
@Lara_C the fact that @Dark111 has ASPD, more likely than not, makes him/or her very skilled at reading people. This applies to all antisocial personalities, sociopaths, and psychopaths. You're basing your viewpoint on the premise that because someone with ASPD has a lack of empathy, that means they shouldn't be able to determine what others are feeling and thinking. And it's actually quite the opposite. They're absolute masters of reading emotional cues, body language, and others' intentions. My husband is a sociopath, and he's very skilled at this sort of thing.
@Aurelia, why are you still married to him?:)

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
My original thread was that people are accepting of anything as long as it's said in a nice way. Please redirect me.
Stupid people are accepting of anything as long as it's said in a nice way. On the contrary, I'm more than likely to get extremely irritated with someone who's giving me a bunch of meanness platitudes, for instance. I expect people to be real and genuine with me. At times, blunt, even. I'm not about the, "Oh, it will get better. Hugs," bullshit. In that case, I'd rather the person have said nothing at all.

Lara_C

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I agree with what you said @Aurelia. I confess I'm wondering what a person with ASPD wants from this site where there are a lot of very vulnerable people.

Dark111

FORMER SF SUPPORTER
Stupid people are accepting of anything as long as it's said in a nice way. On the contrary, I'm more than likely to get extremely irritated with someone who's giving me a bunch of meanness platitudes, for instance. I expect people to be real and genuine with me. At times, blunt, even. I'm not about the, "Oh, it will get better. Hugs," bullshit. In that case, I'd rather the person have said nothing at all.
Silence or brutality. i like your prowess.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
@Aurelia, why are you still married to him?:)
I'm sure you're well aware of how these types of people can be, and what they're capable of. I can't exactly go into detail on here, but if I did try to kick him out, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be safe. So the only way out of this situation is probably him deciding to leave me or ending up in prison, both of which are likely at some point.

Dark111

FORMER SF SUPPORTER
I'm sure you're well aware of how these types of people can be, and what they're capable of. I can't exactly go into detail on here, but if I did try to kick him out, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be safe. So the only way out of this situation is probably him deciding to leave me or ending up in prison, both of which are likely at some point.
Fear of prison. OK.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
I agree with what you said @Aurelia. I confess I'm wondering what a person with ASPD wants from this site where there are a lot of very vulnerable people.
Honestly, they seem very intelligent and I happen to like their reasoning and ideas. I doubt that they're here to harass anybody, else they'd be doing that instead of posting threads such as these. I think that they simply want some good conversation that involves deeper level of thinking.

Last edited:

Lara_C

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
The questions was why a person with ASPD would join this site full of vulnerable people.

If it's just good conversations/deep thinking, why a suicide site specifically?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$110.00
Goal
$255.00