Your Favourite Quote

Status
Not open for further replies.

booklovr

The words are few but their effect is phenomenal.
Everyone has those words that get them through tough times....which remind them to dust their knees get up ... And keep going...

I have too many but here's just one of them...

"things we lose have a way of coming back to us...though it may not always be in the way we imagine"
. -Luna lovegood(harry potter)

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
Great question, I have a lot of quotes I like. I read this one last night and it really resonated with me.

Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you.
Carl Sandburg

SinisterKid

We either find a way, or make one.
SF Supporter
Dont let the bastards grind you down.

One of my favourite sayings in life. In this context, I use the word bastards to describe mental health issues in general.

Happiness is Only Real When Shared

(I have posted this twice as a reply to like threads and once as an actual thread :) )

From the Movie Into the Wild

crumbum

SF Supporter
I have 11 to give, and thousands to keep..

"There are no clocks in misery.. just an endless ticking" - Jeanette Winterson

"If you're not trying to make something better, you're just in the way" - Ani Difranco

"Which is better, to be born stupid into an intelligent society or intelligent into an insane one?" - Aldous Huxley

"We can't stand anymore tremendous explosions, either for or against democracy" - Kurt Vonnegut

"I am not a coward, and I do not love comfort more than the improvement of human life" - Kurt Vonnegut

"The common error of ordinary religious practice is to mistake the symbol for the reality" - Alan Watts

"Belief clings, but faith lets go" - Alan Watts

"Animals are something invented by plants to move seeds around" - Terrance McKenna

"If you don't have a plan, you become part of someone else's plan" - Terrance Mckenna

"My technique is don't believe in anything. If you believe in something you're automatically precluded from believing it's opposite." - Terrance Mckenna

"Nostalgia and hope stand equally in the way of authentic experience" - Tom Robbins

Sunday16

SF Supporter
What you say about others says more about you than it does about them. - Audrey Hepburn

People will forget what you said, they will forget what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
The dreams of the future are better than the history of the past

Thomas Jefferson said "I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past" so I corrupted that slightly and tattooed on my arm to remind me every time I see it. I still like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00