Your first name and how it relates to your life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avarice

My real name is Roxanne & I've been pretty lucky with it. Although I personally don't believe it suits me and hated it for the first 15 years of my life, I do like the name now. My Dad chose it because Top Gun was one of his favorite films & the name was fairly uncommon in the UK at the time (and still is as far as I know). It is of Persian/Greek/Latin origin (all sites say something different) and apparently means 'Star; bright; dawn'.

I hate my middle name, though. It fits well with my first and last names so as a whole my full name is alright, but on it's own or as a first name, it just makes me cringe.

Prinnctopher's Belt

Antiquities Friend
SF Supporter
My first name is also unique. No one else alive on the Earth has it. I like it because it's unique, but hate, too, because it's hard to meet people because they don't remember my name.

plates

How my name relates to my relationships is beyond me. I wasn't ever treated like a princess. I never craved the status of a monarch...but y'know..:dry:

Little_me

I was named after a place nearby the village where mom was born (lol??)
I love my name, it's very rare, especially here in the north, but I know another girl with the same name! That's pretty cool, her parents did the same...
My name is the feminine form of "Fredrik" btw

Of the Isle
it equals 9 in numerology (as all my names do)
it was my grandfathers middle name

It compels me, urges me.. in the moment or the now I feel like an island in the midst of the oceans, both great and terrible..
It makes me think of completion, rest, enjoyment of the finer things, retirement, an end to the cycle of karma..
Maybe one day I will have my retirement on an island and live a simple life till I am called home? I am not sure, but here I am, here we are.

Reki

My name's a pretty common one. I usually go by my middle name because it's easier to say and people, myself included, generally like it better than my first. I'm pretty average in just about every way so I think it suits me well.

Also, http://www.urbandictionary.com/ , type your name in there if you want an ego boost.

KittyGirl

My first name is both a colour and a stone. It is supposed to be timeless and positive-- but to me; it represents all of the pain I've suffered since childhood.
I've changed my name to something more suitable to my profession as an actress, in hopes of being able to let go of some of this self-hate I've got...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00