1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

18 Early Signs of a Potential Abuser/ 15 warning signs..

Discussion in 'Domestic Abuse' started by Cutting_the_pain_Away, May 27, 2008.

1. TBear

TBear Antiquities Friend

My ex-husband had a PhD in this! Every single point applied - thank you for this posting.

2. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

Yeah i agree with most but not points 11 and 12. Parents not to blame

3. soapymongoose

soapymongoose Well-Known Member

It's like you've looked at my bio-dad and step-dad and written a formative list detailing their more "interesting" traits. I also noticed some things that I've found myself doing in relationships and passing it off as part of my personality.

I'm glad I read it now :huh:

4. bellapple

bellapple New Member

Thank you for posting this.
    I'm going to print off two copies. One for my journal and the other to be posted on my bedroom wall next to this homemade manual I made with one of the nurses when I was in the psych ward.
    I just want to say that it seemed a little heterosexist, meaning that it sounded like you're talking about a heterosexual couple... maybe I'm being oversensitive, Idk.

5. MistyMaisy

MistyMaisy Well-Known Member

My ex boyfriend (but is trying to say there isn't anything wrong with him and it's me and my family so I'll go back with him again) is ALL of these... Is it possible? o_O

6. BP#1

BP#1 Well-Known Member

7. PollyAnna

PollyAnna Account Closed

My mom.

8. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

my daughters partner

9. BP#1

BP#1 Well-Known Member

I see what your describing in allot of people. Some acts more in others. l feel everyone may identify with one or more of these acts in people however, to what degree do you base a potential molester on? All? Some? You neglected some important acts. l would keep this information in the back of your mind but, lf you see an aggressive driver, don't start thinking he may be a molester....

10. captnhoney

captnhoney Member

my mom and dad are like this to me

11. LilithsGhost

LilithsGhost Member

This is my boyfriend in almost a nutshell... He acts this way to a t plus more..how does this happen

12. Matt93

Matt93 Well-Known Member

That is pretty much me.
    I have had feelings of wanting to hit past partners, but I don't think I ever would. But, it scares me terribly when I feel like that.

13. me myself and i

me myself and i Account Closed

Shit, never saw this thread before, and i dont like it one bit.
    Toned down i did many of the things listed here, i cringe and carry a deep shame.
    But that man is not me now.
    Truth hurts.

14. khaste

khaste Member

wow!I think that would be very very useful!I'm really happy reading it!

15. Darkdragon44

Darkdragon44 Well-Known Member

I see my Whole love life like this including my seventh or so boyfriend:i'm sorry:

16. me myself and i

me myself and i Account Closed

Ouch again, while surfing i found this.
    Tell you something too, how many abused have been abusers too.
    Tons.
    Its a cycle that goes round and round.
    Im glad i got off.

17. JaneJohnDoe

JaneJohnDoe Member

Nice post... A lot of well... My exes. All of them. >.<
    But it's only three so maybe not that bad?
    Greatest list I've seen though anyway.

18. gloomy

gloomy Account Closed

Some of these could describe anyone with an anxiety disorder.

I guess everyone wants a perfect partner and yeah, you shouldn't let people push you around or make you feel unsafe, but if someone is uncomfortable around your friends it doesn't mean they're abusive it might just mean that they don't know what to say. And who isn't more comfortable around their own friends than someone else's? It's especially ironic since later in the list apparently if YOU are uncomfortable around THEIR friends it also means that they're an abuser-- I guess that anyone with SAD is an abuser.

19. japanlover

japanlover Well-Known Member

A lot of it seemed really generic besides the obvious points. Some of the points I would say are related to a stubborn person not an abuser. Sometimes tough love is what the other needs. Tough love being towards me. If they like the muppets its a sign of abuse...Lol

20. truthhurts

truthhurts Well-Known Member

yeah some of these things are kind of general, but i think the point is having many of them coexist.
    from my own experience, my dad has almost all of the listed things, yet he only has very rare outbreaks now. used to be worse but kind of for a reason [not saying that'd function as an excuse].