18+ Only. Talk of masturbation, orgasm....etc

twilightki

I speak of masturbation, because this is the easiest and probably the best way to do it. If you're having sex with someone else, chances are you should enjoy the orgasm thinking about the other person. So...I choose masturbation for this exercise.

I have found a way to get over mental blocks, and fear. The orgasm. When people think about masturbation, they laugh. But this is a serious thread.

When you climax, or at least when I do, I know that I am, for at least a moment, in a state of fearlessness and happiness. If I think about something I am afraid of, I can think of that thing, for at least a second, without any fear whatsoever. Doing this over a time span, will eventually help me deal with it. It may not get rid of the fear totally, but it will help me accept it, and maybe get over it to a large degree. The best way to get rid of a fear, is to face it directly, though.

I orgasm at least once a day. If I feel hopeless, or any feeling as horrible as that, I know that for at least one second I was fearless, happy, and invincible.

Yep, sounds funny talking about masturbation in such a serious tone, but really think about it. You'll be surprised at what something like that can do to you.

Cestmoi

Masturbation exhausts you, deprives you of energy to do other things and "relieves" your sexual need, which is what drives you to feel invincible.

Try going for some time without it. I think you 'll find the feeling similar to when you were climaxing.

wanttodie

I started masturbating at the age of 6 because of my social phobia problems and sexual abuse. I basically became a pervert and hypersexual because of this habit.

Should this thread REALLY be allowed on the forum? :unsure: This is a suicide site, not really the place to discuss each others masturbation habbits is it?

Age has absolutely nothing to do with it. And if you think this is "the ignorance of youth", I am officially an "adult". Mentioning "sex" to somebody say aged 14 will not make a damn difference, they are not going to be scarred. I am apalled this thread has "18+ only" inscripted in the title to begin with.

Cestmoi

Should this thread REALLY be allowed on the forum? :unsure: This is a suicide site, not really the place to discuss each others masturbation habbits is it?
I 'd like to think a suicide forum is about more than hug smileys, like discussion of the various issues that drive people to have suicidal thoughts. And that would be our everyday actions, wouldn't it? If you think the sexual drive isn't a big part of them, you need a reality check.

How many times have you seen the classic story posted here - of people who lead a conventional routine life, with no particular problems, but who cannot find the motivation to do anything, who don't see much of a meaning to anything? Except perhaps love, but they 've already ended up alone, depressed and lacking confidence and finding a partner seems like an impossible task.
What if I told you a significant difference between these people in limbo and the "normal" people is in fact how they make use of their hormones?

Twilight made an important observation, that during climax the feeling is like that of happiness and invulnerability.
Could you imagine harnessing that? Being able to be bold towards people, assertive, daring to do and say things that you would not otherwise? Don't underestimate sexual drive when you leave it build up instead of relieving it every day.

Hear hear, Cestmoi :)

The staff have discussed the possibility of deleting this thread (indeed, it was deleted, then reinstated), and we've not decided 100% on what to do yet, but I do agree with Cestmoi, to be honest. But, then again, that is just my personal opinion.

meh, was just my opinion. I know some people would like it deleted. Don't think people want to think about your and other members masturbation habbits but hey thats my opinion. Do what you will ........

I see nothing really wrong with the thread. It does say 18+ on it. The fact is masturbation is a part of life, a healthy part at that.

What would Robin think about setting up a 18+ only section discussing topics such as these?

Esmeralda

Actually it releases endorphins and dopamine which can make you feel better mentally as well as physically. If you can find a willing partner to have sex with, those chemicals are actually strengthened by bonding hormones and chemicals that give an even better sense of well-being.

Cestmoi

That sounds all good except it doesn't work when the person isn't overall happy and satisfied with his life.

Climax is responsible for two things; it creates the need to rest for males; not for females not necessarily, though sexual activity on the whole does.
And secondly, it deprives us of something to do. I phrase it quite simply but don't think there is another way to put it. That's what we people try to do, occupy ourselves. In a "balanced healthy life" where we have multiple activities to look forward to, masturbation/sex is a part of it. But when we 're wallowing/lingering, dreading the routine ahead or having pretty much nothing to do, putting a pleasurable moment behind doesn't help one bit, on the contrary we 're that much more prone to depression.
Letting the sexual drive grow stronger doesn't cause feelings of happiness itself but it does make us feel stronger ourselves and capable, which might lead us to actually set out and accomplish things.

Anastasia
That was a subroom in the chatroom. That didn't go too well. But if the age is regulated and the topics regulated you never know. There are people on the site that do have uestions regarding sexual issues. Who knows?!

Ruby

Some people talk about it like it's a bad thing. It's quite amusing that people feel the need for this thread to be 18+. Why shouldn't younger members be allowed to engage in this conversation?

valid point Ruby. I think that people should be allowed to discuss how they feel about things like this. Some people aren't told about things in life. Some parents don't let their children know about sex, safe sex, or anything else like that. I think it should be a healthy debate and not turned into a fight.

People do masturbate. It's a fact of a life. It should be allowed to be discussed and not be so taboo. It's not like it's 1915. Here are some simple facts. If they are too much by all means delete them but I don't think it should be censored

Are there benefits to masturbation?
Yes. Masturbation can help relieve stress and:
Relieve menstrual cramps
Help for insomnia (i.e. when a person is having trouble falling asleep)
Stimulate the immune system to help build up resistance to common infections.
Release mood elevating hormones
Reduce embarrassing spontaneous erections for teen males
Reduce the number of unwanted wet dreams for young men

B

Blackness

I think an 18+ thread would be a good idea.
these are genuine topics that we all face. Let's not live in the old times when it was such a taboo topic that no one ever was allowed or dared talk about anything sexual. I think everyone should be educated on this topic for all the benefits.

I was talking to one of my online friends about how I cut and stuff and he told be whenever I wasnt to cut, I should mastubate, quite funny really (i didnt end up getting into that pattern) but I do think an orgasm every now and then does us good :D

And OP if that works for you then thats great!

Ruby

Although this is a 'suicide forum', I find it strange that talk about cutting, death and psychosis is encouraged whereas talk about masturbation is frowned upon. It just doesn't make sense to me. Masturbation isn't a bad thing at all, and there's always going to be a stigma around it when there's threads like this one.

- Sorry about the lame reply, i'm falling asleep.

Good point, Ruby. I actually overlooked that one in the strongest sense of the word overlooked! It's also laughable how people under 18, and believe me, there are a few, are on this suicide forum being exposed to the things they have been and masturbation is now taboo.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00