• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

18+ Only. Talk of masturbation, orgasm....etc

#43
Anyway, does anyone have any advice for me in response to my first post? Anyone? I dont want to end up as some wanking moron for the rest of my life.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but the topic is on this subject so I will post.

Many of you speak of masturbation highly with the climax of happiness and such.

I cannot remember when I started doing it (many years ago), but at the end, I do not feel happiness, I feel guilt, because I do not want to do it.


I tried looking for ways to stop, with talk of 10-step programs and such like. However, the 10-step program was not for me. I didn't like it.

A few months back, I was able to restrain the urge through shere will power and regret and guilt.

However, it then returned. The way it happens I can only describe it as instinct. Every part of my mind wants me not to, yet I do anyway.

I'm only 17, and my A-Levels are coming. I want to stop this. I dont care if its normal or whatever. I just want to stop. It is hard to resist, and I cant seem to find the strength any more.


Is this even the right forum to ask this? I dont know but I'm pretty depressed on this. This is one of the reasons why, but there are others. Should I have created a new thread for this? Sorry if so.


My parents dont know about this, and I dont want them too. Does anyone have any advice? How does one stop? I did read somewhere that it is impossible to resist the urge. However, I have done it, I was just too weak to keep it up. :(

Any help? Please?
 

twilightki

Well-Known Member
#44
I used to feel guilt about masturbation when I was young. I had a lot of difficulty with it, because it left me with guilt and a feeling of emptiness. I always promised myself I would stop, then do it that same day or the next day and feel horrible. A lot of people get this. I think it has to do with the up and down emotions and the hormones and chemicals in your body that are involved. Also your mental state. When you say to yourself, "I'm not going to do it." you feel good. You make a promise that you intend to keep. Then your mind starts to say, "well...I guess just one, it won't matter" then you do it. You're left with an emptiness (release) and feelings of guilt rise up as a result of doing something you said you weren't going to do. I learned to recognize the good feelings associated with masturbation (the rise, climax, and the subside) and realize that when I masturbate I'm doing a good thing for my body, I'm making myself feel good. I'm releasing built up tension in my body. That needs to get out. Even if you don't masturbate, you have nocturnal emissions, this is your body releasing the semen. It's a natural thing, least, a natural thing in this society. We need an outlet, we don't live like animals anymore. We don't go around having sex with anything that moves whenever we feel like it. I don't recommend stopping.
 
#45
I may be wrong but I think the 18+ disclaimer may be a safe thing to do as a rule of thumb for the internet. Just like they do the 13 age to join websites. I am sure many of you have found sites that ask you to click that you are 18 or older before entering. It just protects the website and is nothing more than a cover your ass thing. No big deal.

As far as the subject matter, as with anything on this site, if you dont like it, dont read it. I have found many more items that offend me in the suicide forums than I have in the non suicide forums. We are all intelligent people here and can make our own decisions. Enjoy.
 

Hae-Gi

Banned Member
#46
It's fantastically bothersome that this thread was deleted, in the beginning. As for those who don't want to read it, they have the option not to do it. Masturbation is, oftenly, highly helpful for those who suffer from depression, and should be seen as a great thing.

Obviously, I masturbate; usually in ways that simulate a real sex act, while creating a complex fantasy about a fictional girl that I am doing it with, so I will feel like it is done under love. Doing this makes me feel much better, and much more hopeful on finding happiness, or more specifically, my one and only girl, in the future. As for the use of porn... I agree that normal porn is immoral, and I do my best, avoiding to look at it. I usually don't look at normal porn, though; ecchi, commonly known as hentai (hentai is more perverted, though, while ecchi just is about sex), is drawn, and, as such, completely okay and even beautiful and wonderful. It often displays lovable, wonderful sexual situations that are fantastically beautiful. Ecchi can truly show the true beauties of humanity, and the immoral and depressive nature of normal porn is not at all needed, with it available. Ecchi can truly give me some hope in humanity.
 
#47
I used to feel guilt about masturbation when I was young. I had a lot of difficulty with it, because it left me with guilt and a feeling of emptiness. I always promised myself I would stop, then do it that same day or the next day and feel horrible. A lot of people get this. I think it has to do with the up and down emotions and the hormones and chemicals in your body that are involved. Also your mental state. When you say to yourself, "I'm not going to do it." you feel good. You make a promise that you intend to keep. Then your mind starts to say, "well...I guess just one, it won't matter" then you do it. You're left with an emptiness (release) and feelings of guilt rise up as a result of doing something you said you weren't going to do. I learned to recognize the good feelings associated with masturbation (the rise, climax, and the subside) and realize that when I masturbate I'm doing a good thing for my body, I'm making myself feel good. I'm releasing built up tension in my body. That needs to get out. Even if you don't masturbate, you have nocturnal emissions, this is your body releasing the semen. It's a natural thing, least, a natural thing in this society. We need an outlet, we don't live like animals anymore. We don't go around having sex with anything that moves whenever we feel like it. I don't recommend stopping.
It is good to see someone who understands. I will think about what you have said. Thanks.
 

Will

Staff Alumni
#48
Masturbation is almost no different then drugs, and alchohol. It's instant gratification, it's unconditional pleasure, and happiness. You'll find that people in this forum are surrounded by nothing but deep feelings of sadness. A burst of happiness that is not affected by that sadness is a light in dark times.

I don't think it should have been / should be deleted; I'd say most people on this forum are 13+. And I'd be surprised if any kid 10+ doesn't know atleast the most common knowledge about sex. Masturbation is widespread, and censoring it, on this forum especially, isn't exactly right.

However, that's no excuse to turn SF into a Cyber-ing Lounge. Surely limits should be placed. But this thread and how much it's involved with masturbation and sex is not at all traumatizing or destructive to the physical or mental health of human beings, including both sexes.

In essence; we talk about many sexual abuse topics here as well. Though, we do not censor those. So we musn't censor something of this level. Sexual Education these days is more abundant than it used to be (in whatever round about ways it's presented.)
 

smackh2o

SF Supporter
#49
I don't believe maturbation can be classified as wrong or right as it does not really harm other around us unlike drugs etc... This being said it is down to the individual.
Some people might see it is a curse, some may never have a problem with it.
For those who are having trouble with the idea and want to cut it out or reduce it then there are always ways. They arn't exactly natural ones of course. I think the army used to put bromide in the soldiers drinks to reduce their sex drive.
Although I don't think masturbation is a bad thing I do think that too much of it can be a symptom of something more serious. I've known a few people who are friends of mine not on this site who have gotten into a lot of relational trouble because they are far too oversexed for their own good. A lot of people would dispute this as them being sluts or perverts but I disagree. I've read articles on sexual addiction and it seems exactly the same as any other type of addiction. I once read a book about a certain concentration camp in WW2. There was an account of a prisoner who was addicted to masturbation. The account was very saddening and quite disturbing. It opened my eyes to this problem.

How do we know when masturbation stops being an enjoyable thing to us and starts becoming almost a neccesity? What causes it to become this way in the first place?
 

Darken

Well-Known Member
#51
I try to have complete self control. Ya know. cause I don't want to be controlled by any thing, like my sex drive. I'm trying to completely stop have any kind of sex , even masturbation.
 

wanttodie

Well-Known Member
#52
I try to have complete self control. Ya know. cause I don't want to be controlled by any thing, like my sex drive. I'm trying to completely stop have any kind of sex , even masturbation.
I'm trying to do the same. It's fake and unreal pleasure anyway when you are in so much pain.
 

fromthatshow

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
#53
I speak of masturbation, because this is the easiest and probably the best way to do it. If you're having sex with someone else, chances are you should enjoy the orgasm thinking about the other person. So...I choose masturbation for this exercise.

I have found a way to get over mental blocks, and fear. The orgasm. When people think about masturbation, they laugh. But this is a serious thread.

When you climax, or at least when I do, I know that I am, for at least a moment, in a state of fearlessness and happiness. If I think about something I am afraid of, I can think of that thing, for at least a second, without any fear whatsoever. Doing this over a time span, will eventually help me deal with it. It may not get rid of the fear totally, but it will help me accept it, and maybe get over it to a large degree. The best way to get rid of a fear, is to face it directly, though.

I orgasm at least once a day. If I feel hopeless, or any feeling as horrible as that, I know that for at least one second I was fearless, happy, and invincible.

Yep, sounds funny talking about masturbation in such a serious tone, but really think about it. You'll be surprised at what something like that can do to you.
This is genius. I sometimes use sex to lessen anxiety, but I never thought of focusing on fears during orgasm, as a way to move past it.
Orgasm is a complete surrendering to the moment. Accepting what is. I definitely feel fearless and happy in that moment. There can definitely be a lot of healing with sex.
It's interesting, after working through a deep emotional issue in therapy, I get the same tingling as I get during orgasm, only better. This makes me think that enlightenment is like constant orgasm :giggle:
 
#54
*haha saw Spencer reading->had to comment*

okay, yeah. the plus 18 thingy lmao
i know tons of people who started
masterbating in 8th grade, I
myself included, because it's
something teens tend to do
to fill there sexual needs,

I mean I'm a christian/catholic.
I'm not having sex, so it is tech. okay:)

haha idk. but im only 14, and psh, i can read this without laughing
 
#55
Odd that this thread is 18... is that just because you think people under 18 can't handle it? Or is because other people have told you people under 18 can't handle it. Anyways society in general doesn't understand that more guys masturbate from the ages of 13-17 than 18-25. With the tools available on the internet and the poor sex education of the youth many people under 18 get curious. Personally I know very few guys who don't masturbate. As for girls I'm not so sure because I haven't gotten that personal with any of them yet. It's a way of life and when in high school and sex is "not appropriate to have at such a young age" or you want to wait what else can you do to fight your urges? Yes people under 18 can have sexual urges also.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dave_N

#56
I think I should comment on this thread. First of all, I don't think that there's anything wrong with masturbation, as long as you're doing it for the right reasons. Now a little of my 'hands-on' experience. I masturbate once a day, sometimes twice a day, but not more frequently than that. Also, I do it differently than the majority of guys. My masturbation style is more like that of a female. I lie on my bed and just rub my foreskin, with my hands until the orgams start coming. And I also don't ejaculate much when I orgasm. I try to keep it in. It feels so awesome when this happens too. All this warm energy radiates all over my body. You guys should try it sometime. I also try to ejaculate at least once a week, to prevent sperm buildup.
 
#57
we can all read that the thread says 18+ but we all know for a fact that people under the 18 ARE going to read it...and in my own opinoin i dont see why it does say 18 plus when in the uk you gotta be 16 to have sex... sooo it doesnt make much sense.


but to my view... there is nothing wrong with masturbation, every one has needs and if that is the only way to satisfi them... well then just get on with it, but tell the whole world lol


Although, as u lot props guess id have a view on this thread.... i dont wish to read some ones masturbations habbits in a main forum :P although, if they need advice i'd give it. so any one is more than happy to pm me.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$15.00
Goal
$255.00
Top