Anime - Welcome y'all!

Citizen Insane

Emote Encyclopedia
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
Welcome y'all! *shake

gintama-welcome - kopie.gif

Decided to make a new general Anime thread, I'll try my best to keep the thread alive! Feel free to tag anyone on SF that might be interested in this topic. *halo

The last one closed automatically - after X amount of months, a year? I'll ask an admin later about this - like all other threads that don't get updated with new posts, link to old thread: https://www.suicideforum.com/community/threads/anime-and-manga.154322/

My personal & main focus will be on "seasonal anime", sharing . Of course any anime related input is welcome. There's lots of content and opinions to share, I'll add in some recommendations too.

Feel free to add to this (incomplete) list! :) I can edit them into this OP!

Current (major, legal and premium) platforms for watching anime are:

Crunchyroll
https://www.crunchyroll.com/ ( Supported devices )

HIDIVE
https://www.hidive.com/ ( Supported devices )

Netflix
https://www.netflix.com/browse/genre/7424 ( Supported devices )

Community sites:

MyAnimeList
https://myanimelist.net/ (anime/manga database & community)

Reddit Anime
https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/

firef-gif-newath-51352.gif

From "Fire Force'': https://www.crunchyroll.com/fire-force

Time to hype this thread up! =) Here's some (Free, 1st) episodes released by Crunchyroll on their official Youtube channel:

Tower of God Ep. 1 | BALL

JUJUTSU KAISEN Ep. 1 | Ryomen Sukuna

Mob Psycho 100 Ep. 1 | Self-Proclaimed Psychic: Reigen Arataka ~And Mob~

Last edited:

Ziggy

Antiquitie's Friend
I'm into the more 'mature' anime / manga, huge fan of Satoshi Kon (Perfect Blue, Paranoia Agent, Paprika) and Naoki Urasawa (Monster, Pluto, 20th Century Boys). Big retro fan both in gaming and in Anime, but recent shows that interest me are Made In Abyss and Summertime Rendering, Don't usually like comedy so was surprised by Spy x Family.

Citizen Insane

Emote Encyclopedia
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
I'm into the more 'mature' anime / manga, huge fan of Satoshi Kon (Perfect Blue, Paranoia Agent, Paprika) and Naoki Urasawa (Monster, Pluto, 20th Century Boys). Big retro fan both in gaming and in Anime, but recent shows that interest me are Made In Abyss and Summertime Rendering, Don't usually like comedy so was surprised by Spy x Family.
From my small physical (DVD/blu-ray) collection, Paprika & Paranoia Agent! *thumbsup That Spy x Family show had me laughing out loud many times, elegant, very elegant! *hi5 Made in Abyss is quite beautiful, it's so dark also, I need to catch up with it. It has a great soundtrack by Kevin Penkin - who also did Tower of God OST, see my Tower of God Ep. 1 | BALL in the first post. Summertime Rendering is on my list, I've done just 2 episodes I think, definitely continuing that one..

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

Citizen Insane

Emote Encyclopedia
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
Awesome collection! Everyone knows about Evangelion and Ghost in the Shell, but Ergo Proxy ranks as one of the best for me, along with Eden of the East and Boogiepop Phantom. Have got the live action movie Boogiepop and Others, which along with Dororo is one of the better live action adaptations.
If you like Lain I'm guessing you've seen Haibane Renmei?
Thanks! *shake Ergo Proxy kinda changed my life - The (philosophical) themes all resonated with me so much - Haibane Renmei I haven't heard of or seen *facepalm (yet), I'll chase it! *dance4
I didn't know there was a live action adaption of Boogiepop and Others! Super thanks for the tip!

Youtube + Crunchyroll link of the Boogiepop and Others anime adaptation, which I have seen:

https://www.crunchyroll.com/boogiepop-and-others

Lisa the Goatgirl

She's less of an enigma now
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Rn i'm mainly waiting for the final third of the final season of Attack on Titan to come out, nervously waiting to see how they're finally going to conclude what has become an extremely complicated plot, and the second half of Jojo Part 6 recently dropped, so i need to rewatch the first half and give that a go.
(really curious if they're going to bring Dio back - again - again - again.)

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
Made in Abyss is so effing good. Current season should be finishing up in a couple weeks; I’m waiting ‘til then to watch it. Will also probably give Summertime Rendering a shot, since you basically named a bunch of other stuff I like.

One series I kinda feel like everyone is sleeping on is Golden Kamuy. It’s basically a bunch of soldiers, former soldiers and criminals on a violent treasure hunt in the early 1900s. And you learn a lot about the Ainu. And dick jokes. Like, more dick jokes than you’d expect.

cots

I haven't been catching up on new anime in a long time. I like older ones like Detective Conan.

I've been watching a lot of Crayon Shin-chan lately haha! It's so funny!

When I was little, I used to like this really girly anime called "Cinderella Monogatari". I've seen it like 3 times. It was on YouTube. Don't know if it's still there though.

Citizen Insane

Emote Encyclopedia
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
Currently watching and enjoying some of the seasonal anime: "Yofukashi no Uta", "Lycoris Recoil", "Overlord (season 4)" and "Toaru Majutsu no Index (A Certain Magical Index)" < Started watching this last one recently, it's from 2008 or so – it's part of a larger series overall, has multiple side stories too. So I'm interested to see where it goes.

I also bought part of the soundtrack of Yofukashi no Uta, it's my show to watch in the late hours - having had some insomnia for about a week, which is one of the themes of the anime show also. My type of (adult) humor and it has a nice vibe to it - especially the music from the show makes it complete.

Anime recommendation:

- "World Trigger" (season 1, 2, & 3 – waiting for 4)

This show, dam! So worth it, even though it had some lesser animation, slower introduction to start off the series – It just keeps getting better. It's a bit of a slow burn, so it does take some dedication in a way – season 1 is like 70+ episodes. The thing I enjoy the most is the Tactical battle/e-sports-like aspect of the show, it has in-game simulation stuff, Player vs Player "battles" - and I would be interested if they made an actual videogame of this, but am super happy with 'just' the anime.

Granted that not all episodes will have this level of animation in this clip below.

World Trigger, scene from season 3 (no major spoilers):

Highly recommended!

Snooze

I like morbid stuff when it comes to amine. It's been a while since i've found anything new.
Recently found Vinland saga about vikings (every trigger warning you might think of since.. vikings)

Just finished season one and am enjoying it!

Last edited:

Citizen Insane

Emote Encyclopedia
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
I like morbid stuff when it comes to amine. It's been a while since i've found anything new.
*thumbsup The darkest anime I've seen has got to be "Texhnolyze" (see my DVD/blu-ray collection), from the same producers who did "Serial Experiments Lain" *shh But I'm sure there's even darker stuff out there.

But my oh my ... Texhnolyze has so much beauty too and powerful moments. You will say wow! *shock

From the soundtrack:

Snooze

*thumbsup The darkest anime I've seen has got to be "Texhnolyze" (see my DVD/blu-ray collection), from the same producers who did "Serial Experiments Lain" *shh But I'm sure there's even darker stuff out there.

But my oh my ... Texhnolyze has so much beauty too and powerful moments. You will say wow! *shock

From the soundtrack:

Oooooh! I'm positive I've seen it long ago but I can't remember anything about it! I'll definintely check it out!
This is another pretty disturbing one. (yes I seek out creepy stuff!)

Citizen Insane

Emote Encyclopedia
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
This show is a beauty:

Yofukashi no Uta
Call of the Night

Kou Yamori is an average middle school student who struggles with grasping the complex concept of love. Because he sees little sense in surrendering to the norm, he soon stops going to school. Plagued with insomnia due to his idleness, Kou begins roaming the lonesome streets at night.
------
Not going to post the full synopsis (spoilers *shh ) - I bought part of the soundtrack too - the one that was played during a "magical" scene, great stuff (you'll see, if you're going watch it). *stars I'm at episode 9 right now - Enjoying so many of the interactions between the characters, the (night time) ambience & mood, the environment too. I was sold after the 1st episode - which had just the 2 main characters having this dialogue / talk with eachother during most of the episode - I can't quite explain, but it's like how an IDM (Intelligent Dance Music) song just clicks/resonates with me after having it heard once. *thumbsup

Try the first episode at least, is my recommendation. *dance4

callnight-ad5s.jpg

I recently finished Cyberpunk: Edgerunners. It was pretty good. Also saw the third Made in Abyss movie so I could catch up on that series. According to the list I've been keeping of anime, I've watched 76.3 days of anime, and that's not counting the long running seires like Dragon Ball Z that I didn't put on there because I haven't seen enough of certain parts to catalog it.

JDot

remember to drink plenty of water
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
It's been a while since I've seen a good anime. I love the Studio Ghibli movies along with Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop, DeathNote, TriGun, FLCL, Inuyasha, Lain. Neon Genesis Evangelion would be my fave. I also have posters of Ryuk from DeathNote and Vash the Stampede from Trigun on my wall.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00