Being a grown-ass-man sucks.

Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
I hear kids complaining and whining all the time about nothing and I always resent them. I'm just sitting here, doleful and world-weary in my bedroom alone, if I was a child and I felt like I do now, I would be crying like someone was trying to gut me with a butcher's knife and running to my mum for comfort, she would show concern and embrace me, I would be cheered up, I would be surrounded by those who care, but as an adult, I just sit here alone, stony-faced, knowing I am going to go to work in 5 hours to be rushed and pushed and jerked around, and if I say a word about how I feel, I will get, at best, a shrug.

Being a grown up sucks.

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
Agreed @Dante Being a grown-ass-woman sucks too. As a kid we can't wait to grow up. Now, as an adult, I would love to be a kid again. Go figure.

mors321

SF Supporter
I’m in my 20s and everyone expects me to have my life together by now (which I don’t) and I honesty just wanna go back to being 12 and worrying about how the latest episode of doctor who is gonna go down

So I feel your pain my friend

Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
@mors321 Im 30 and I dont have my life together either, although to be fair, its mainly because its impossible to afford to live in London, finding somewhere I can live long enough to get my shit together is the only thing holding me back, that and my mind turning on itself at the drop of a hat, I swear I was really damned smart before depression, now its like half my brain-power is dedicated to attacking the other half so I dont have any brainpower left to use, if I were a kid I would bring this up with my parents and they would look to help, but nope, adults have to deal with their own shit.

mors321

SF Supporter
Well adults do have access to therapists who are always willing to listen to your problems and help with them. But you probably shouldn’t expect a bear hug or homemade cookies from them like you’d get from a parent.

And I’m looking for places to live in London and too and oh man it’s like you’re paying for the privilege of being there. My favourite past time atm is looking at what I could afford in America for my budget compared to london

Thauoy

Hey @Dante . I agree with you. Being a grown -ass- man sucks. People always saying to me you are a grown up man , You can do this, Take responsibility for your life etc and so on. I hate when they say this to me.

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
But you probably shouldn’t expect a bear hug or homemade cookies from them like you’d get from a parent.
Yeah... I think that's also why being an adult sucks. A hug or someone offering you cookies from time to time can make such a difference. :(

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00