British Heatwave

Any other Brits finding this heatwave too much? Not only are we not built for this weather and neither is our country, our cars, roads, train tracks etc, but depressive moments get harder to handle because you're already thinking fuck my life anyway. Too hot. Toooooooo hooooooooot!!!!!!

Innocent Forever

πŸ’πŸ₯œπŸŒ
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Any other Brits finding this heatwave too much? Not only are we not built for this weather and neither is our country, our cars, roads, train tracks etc, but depressive moments get harder to handle because you're already thinking fuck my life anyway. Too hot. Toooooooo hooooooooot!!!!!!
Yup. Although I like the sun. Not the icky part of it.
I'm from the States and I just keep laughing cause we're dying for weather like this. You've got no air con, which SUCKS! But also most of us don't set ours at the temp it is there now. You guys are gonna make it, I promise. Keep hanging in there. Drink water!
I know. For our weather is cool by you. Right??????

I lived in Scotland for two years and it rained almost every day. I leave to come back to my birth county and even Scotland are having their hottest summer on record. I don't know how you Americans cope. Us Brits just aren't prepared for hot weather. Even doctors don't care anymore. They reckon their offices are too hot to work so they have started not turning up. I work in a container office on a construction site, I feel like a jacket potato. The lads on site are hand digging in fire retardant overalls, my husband hates it so much. Trying to keep the moral up of the men is getting to him almost as much as the heat.

Innocent Forever

πŸ’πŸ₯œπŸŒ
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I lived in Scotland for two years and it rained almost every day. I leave to come back to my birth county and even Scotland are having their hottest summer on record. I don't know how you Americans cope. Us Brits just aren't prepared for hot weather. Even doctors don't care anymore. They reckon their offices are too hot to work so they have started not turning up. I work in a container office on a construction site, I feel like a jacket potato. The lads on site are hand digging in fire retardant overalls, my husband hates it so much. Trying to keep the moral up of the men is getting to him almost as much as the heat.
Offer them icepops?
Yeah, I get it. It's been raining in my area of the UK too *hug

Offer them icepops?
As a company we supply them with water, they'll take a 12 case of bottles down to the trench with them but they get through 4 of them at least at day between them, if not more. We're actually having to try and find a different way to supply water as the amount of plastic we're producing is astronomical.
We'd love some rain, where do you live, I'll come and move there...

Innocent Forever

πŸ’πŸ₯œπŸŒ
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
In the North West, it's a, hmm, not mountainous exactly, can't think of the word, region. Lol, like the UK is all that big.
I'm wondering if those machines with cups that companies have in their offices would be cheaper than the bottles.

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
Not every part of the U.S. is looking for heat. The West Coast has it. We are broiling. I am sick of it. I hate it. I am with the Brits on this.

I think the heat is legitimately going to kill me off, dizzy spells, headaches and vomiting on and off over the past week in particular. Hate hate hate...
Dear me, it sounds like your suffering really bad. Maybe you have heat stroke? I hope you start feeling better soon...I wish I could suggest something decent, maybe try a sachet or two of dioralite in some water or fruit juice? That's supposed to be good in replacing lost salts...

Deleted SKU

Dear me, it sounds like your suffering really bad. Maybe you have heat stroke? I hope you start feeling better soon...I wish I could suggest something decent, maybe try a sachet or two of dioralite in some water or fruit juice? That's supposed to be good in replacing lost salts...
Yeah, had a little heat stroke, but mostly I just cope very badly with the heat, tends to make me sick a fair bit.

While I like having the sun, I have to agree it's too hot to do anything much, housework has taken a bit of a backseat at mines because it really is too hot to be sweeping etc. I've just done the bare minimum like the dishes.. and had a fan on all day and will need it on all night tonight, I do hope it cools down a bit soon.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00