Cafe New Years 2013....

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by jimk, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

happy new years good ppl.. we made it to a new year friends.. hope is a good adventure this year for all of us... johnny still sleeping after making it thru the neighbors fireworks.. largest burst from them roused me to wakefullness.. they got good kids and they just trying to make it a bit special..

tuesday today.. not a lot on gotta list today.. think after sunrise will check out fog and road conditions and maybe we do safeway mostly by ourselves in store along with the staff.. known most of them forever..got to remember a little later to call the crisis line and wish my firends there a happy new year. hope lynn picks up today.. already wished new years to lot of ppl on phone yesterday..

just going to wake up slowly along with ipad and music and marlboros and hot coffee.. sounds good now..

hope is a good day nad year for everyone.. tc, Jim and John

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlq0lYB3iSM

jump by van halen..

2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Happy New Year!

Things here are closed today, so it's a do-nothing-day. Star and I stayed up until midnight and brought in 2013. I slept in this morning and Star was patient...must be her New Year's resolution. :laugh:

I hope that 2013 brings all of us lots of love, laughs, prosperity, and happiness! :grouphug:

3. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

:hug: cafe peeps - I just wanted to stop by and send everyone Happy New Year hugs and good wishes :)

4. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Freya, thank you and hope this good year for you also.. I seem unable to go back to bed later in the night.. Coffee seeming to keep me awake though. Johnny seems to be getting enuf sleep thank goodness.

Very cold and possibly icy on the roads..think we will wait another hour till we go grocery shopping. Meanwhile Ms. Streisand is keeping us company..

5. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Happy New Year!

I was blissfully asleep through the fireworks that were going off downtown. So glad for my meds! I get nice big rounds of sleep. Woke up at 2am tho... voices bickering. I wish they would just leave me alone, and not drag me into the middle of their meddling.

Anyway, I hope this year is a prosperous one! *hugs!*

Tommy Tom says Heyroo! (in between sleeping purrs)

-Jason and Tommy Tom

6. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

afternoon and happy new year coffee forums,

i have been attempting to get up early to go skiing both today and yesterday. slept in both times. ah well. may make a third attempt at it tomorrow. :laugh:

7. flowers

flowers Senior Member

hello. Wishing everyone a happy new year. Today I went to help someone make her bed. She is not physically able to do that. Hopefully this will be a great year for many people here. I do hope so !

8. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Cafe Wednesday January 2nd

morning folks.. how you doing today??? john with katie tonight.. i am sick with cold and not able to sleep and not doing so well now.. in a minute or two going back to bed and try again.. thanks katie not for giving me this cold.. nose pouring for couple of days and now just totally shut down and blocked... not used to mouth breathing.. enuf of this..

john back home in about 6 hours.. not much at all i got to do today other than feed, medicate and hopefuly get some sleep in next 24 hours.. back to bed now.

hope is a good day for you.. tc, Jim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsY066wa08E

no more tears by donna summer and barbra streisand..

9. Acy

Re: Cafe Wednesday January 2nd

Good morning!

It will probably be a quiet day here, today. No errands I must run, nothing I must do. Quiet is fine with me. Star and I can snuggle and rest.

Jimk, I hope that you get rid of your cold really fast. Lots of liquids and as much rest as you can get. :hug:

Hope everyone has a great day!

10. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hope you kick the cold soon hun quiet here too today resting up some after a hell of a night at work god. sun isup some flurries happening time to get a coffee hugs

11. lightbeam

Heyroo all!

Had a brief stint of psychopathy. I was devoid of emotion for about an hour and a half. Then I finally got to sleep. I felt I could do anything I wanted without repercussions. It was a very dangerous place for me to be.

Anyway, I am better now. Don't know what caused it.

Tommy Tom says hi!

We are off!

-Jason and Tommy Tom

12. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

afternoon coffee forums,

today is last day of my time off work and I am glad. very much want to get back to regular routine again.

13. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Didnt do anything too constructive today. Went to the chiropractor who told me about a little coffee maker that reduces acid of coffee by 4/5. So it ends up with 1/5 the normal amount of acid in it. Needless to say, I spent a significiant amount of time researching the coffee maker. I know one thing I will be doing tomorrow. Ordering it.

14. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

flowers please let me know how this coffee maker and you do as i am a real sufferer from heartburn and do lots of coffee also.. interesteed if you still get the caffeine rush with this new model????

15. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Cafe Thursday Jan 3rd..

morning good ppl.. how's it going today??? i got some sleep so far tonight, unlike night before when had hardly any.. this is better.. still got cold changing from dripping nose to totally closed down.. PITA... i got to get to 711 this morning for donuts, cigs and mega and powerball tickets.. not much more on gotta list today.. got all of original tunes downloaded to this computer finally and backed up on external hard drive.. think about time to bring the new laptop out of bedroom to dinning room table and download the itunes onto it also.. it's OS is windows 7 PRO.. is a bit different and going to play with it some today.

would love to hold it to a pack of the cursed marlboro 100's today.. just not sure i got the will power for that now.. going to find a good movie to watch with johnny thhis afternoon..

hope is a good day for you.. tc, Jim and John

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JWTaaS7LdU

whitney houston and i will always love you

16. Acy

Re: Cafe Thursday Jan 3rd..

Good morning!

Another day that I wanted to stay snuggled in bed...not sure why, as I wasn't asleep, it was just a cosy place to be. :laugh:

Jimk, I'm sorry that cold is hanging on. Hope it's out the door soon! Glad you don't have a busy day ahead of you, so you can rest up more. And thanks for the Whitney Houston - what a voice she had! That song always gives me goose bumps! :smile:

I finally heard yesterday afternoon that I passed my volunteer training exam and can move on to the next stage...shadowing a crisis worker, and from there, doing calls for real. Am hoping it will all go well. Thank you to all of you for listening to me whine here while I went through the training. :smile:

Expecting that sis and I will visit dear old Dad today (or tomorrow), and I have nothing else major on my to do list today.

Have a happy Thursday, folks! :grouphug:

17. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

((Acy)) so glad for you that you passed the training exam to be a crisis worker.. hon, you are so full of empathy, compassion adn smarts that i think you will make an outstanding crisis line worker.. yippee and congrats hon..

did not get back to sleep tonight.. got too wrapped up to page 200 of the 800 pages in john lennon's life story book... johnny up a little after 4am and guess we up now for the duration... can't think of anyone i would rather be with now...love you zoomies..lol got new computer out of 3rd bedroom and breaking it and me out on windows 7 professional now.. so far so good..

18. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

congratulations Acy On passing your exam you will make a great crisis worker. today not so good morning very sad will try to push through this as often i do take care everyone

19. lightbeam

Heyroo everyone

Last night was just full of voices wanting me to do horrible things.

I finally got to sleep at around 10:30. I completely bombed my SF time limit yesterday. Will try again today. Was on for 5 hours instead of 2 1/2. :blink:

Tommy Tom says 'Heyroo!' while looking out the window!

Take care everyone!

We are off!

-Jason and Tommy Tom

20. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Good day all!

I hope everyone is okay! I'm not doing too brilliant today. My docs screwed up my Seroquel script before Christmas, so I was left short and now been without it for a week. Beginning to feel the effects as I am feeling really agitated with a million thoughts racing. Tried my usual distraction methods but I am too agitated to stick to them, the only cure for this will be sleep, if I can get to sleep!

Jim, I hope that cold bores off soon and you begin to feel better soon!

Acy, I am so glad you passed your exam. You will be a brilliant crisis support worker. I wish I could speak to you on the phone everytime I reach a crisis.

Jason, hope those voices ease off today!

TE, hope you feel better soon :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.