• Both the IOS/ Apple Iphone/ Ipad and the Android/Google versions of the sites mobile app are now available for download from the resources page. The app is free for all members. This app will allow you to get notifications on your mobile device whenever a thread or forum you watch has a new post, when your thread or posts get replies, when you recive a private message, etc. The links to download the app are in the resoiurces area - https://www.suicideforum.com/community/resources/categories/example-category.1/

Celebrate your successes!

I know that this is small but I feel like I succeeded today in general. I was feeling so low yesterday and I didn't sleep at all or shower but I picked myself up this morning and went and took my final. I even made a new friend. Although I still feel a little weak , I chose to put myself around people let myself laugh and have fun :)

cymbele

SF Supporter
Yesterday I threw out some ingredients that I planned to use to commit suicide. While not actively suicidal I held onto them just in case. Yesterday I put 1/2 in the trash (the other 1/2 in the haz waste pile). I decided it would be a natural death or something that I would not do. Right now I still feel if I had cancer I would not fight it but I will not commit suicide.

AmboySlim

It's a tradition in my secondary school to return during the Christmas break from uni and see the teachers. Since I didn't go to university I've felt so ashamed about seeing them again. But even though I went with my 2 friends who have been far more successful in finding places in Oxford and Bristol, my teachers still didn't make me feel ashames for my failure. It was hard seeing them but it was worth it.

As the AA Serenity Prayer goes:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

I’m shaking things up a lot in my life and facing things that scare me. So I guess that’s the courage part :cool: :eek: ;)

baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
I got lightheaded and anxious in the gym today but I took a breather, drank a bunch of water, and finished my workouts instead of giving up and giving in like I usually do.

gypsylee

SF Supporter
My daughter is 17 this year. We talked on FB Messenger again tonight and she really is becoming her own person. I've told bits of my story here and there, about my ex and my daughter but I don't like telling it. Anyway, she was asking me all these questions about spiritual stuff and I was so pleased I was quite overwhelmed. I've hung in there for so long for this I can't quite believe it. I feel strange! She's coming in March for the Ed Sheeran concert. I have to listen to his stuff because I don't even know what he sings haha. God, I don't know.. This whole thing is monumental :eek:

nobodyknows71

For a Phoenix to rise, it must first burn.
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
My daughter is 17 this year. We talked on FB Messenger again tonight and she really is becoming her own person. I've told bits of my story here and there, about my ex and my daughter but I don't like telling it. Anyway, she was asking me all these questions about spiritual stuff and I was so pleased I was quite overwhelmed. I've hung in there for so long for this I can't quite believe it. I feel strange! She's coming in March for the Ed Sheeran concert. I have to listen to his stuff because I don't even know what he sings haha. God, I don't know.. This whole thing is monumental :eek:
Woohoo @gypsylee im glad you’re connecting with your daughter, even if it is at the cost of having to listen to Ed Sheran!! Lol
It sounds one she’s resdy to have you in her life in some capacity, well done for hanging in there, this is the pay off.

Well done you (hugs)

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$480.00
Goal
$255.00