Celebrate your successes!

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Hazel, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Shorty92

Shorty92 Well-Known Member

I did a verbal presentation for my college course. I got a distinction!! Which for those of you who are not familiar with this grading system is as high as you can get! If only I could write as good as I can talk lol!
  2. Ash600

Ash600 SF Creative SF Supporter

Congratulations on getting a distinction. :)
    When it comes to writing, just put down what you'd say naturally, but no swearing now!
    pooky and Shorty92 like this.
  3. Shorty92

Shorty92 Well-Known Member

Damn I’m screwed then ;)
    pooky likes this.
  4. Ash600

not if you've got plenty of tippexx
    pooky, Innocent Forever and Shorty92 like this.
  5. Innocent Forever

Innocent Forever Go as long as you can. And then take another step. Chat Pro SF Supporter

Haven't messed up at all today.
    pooky, Shorty92 and Ash600 like this.
  6. Ash600

That's wonderful news, so happy for ya!
    pooky likes this.
  7. Flying Fox

Flying Fox SF Supporter

Mum and I made pumpkin pancakes together for brunch. Simple but sweet :D.
  8. Drea3127

Drea3127 Member

I know that this is small but I feel like I succeeded today in general. I was feeling so low yesterday and I didn't sleep at all or shower but I picked myself up this morning and went and took my final. I even made a new friend. Although I still feel a little weak , I chose to put myself around people let myself laugh and have fun :)
    Reaver likes this.
  9. MarkahMalady

MarkahMalady Well-Known Member

Even if I feel tired and overworked, at least my managers know that I'm dependable.
    Singularity Platy likes this.
  10. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

Yesterday I threw out some ingredients that I planned to use to commit suicide. While not actively suicidal I held onto them just in case. Yesterday I put 1/2 in the trash (the other 1/2 in the haz waste pile). I decided it would be a natural death or something that I would not do. Right now I still feel if I had cancer I would not fight it but I will not commit suicide.
    Singularity Platy and AmboySlim like this.
  11. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Been on a healthy eating plan since November 30th and doing fantastic :)
  12. GetOutOfMyMind

GetOutOfMyMind SF Supporter

bought my first car with my own money
    Singularity Platy and AmboySlim like this.
  13. AmboySlim

AmboySlim Well-Known Member

It's a tradition in my secondary school to return during the Christmas break from uni and see the teachers. Since I didn't go to university I've felt so ashamed about seeing them again. But even though I went with my 2 friends who have been far more successful in finding places in Oxford and Bristol, my teachers still didn't make me feel ashames for my failure. It was hard seeing them but it was worth it.
  14. MarkahMalady

MarkahMalady Well-Known Member

I think my weight is starting to go back down, I'm not checking until I'm SURE though.
  15. gypsylee

gypsylee SF Supporter

I got an award here for 100 messages :D

It’s called “Can’t Stop” and I had to laugh to myself because that’s definitely me :rolleyes:

Thanks SF! ;)
    dtc and Cyndal Iwerks like this.
  16. gypsylee

gypsylee SF Supporter

As the AA Serenity Prayer goes:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The courage to change the things I can,
    And the wisdom to know the difference.

I’m shaking things up a lot in my life and facing things that scare me. So I guess that’s the courage part :cool: :eek: ;)
    dtc likes this.
  17. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

I got lightheaded and anxious in the gym today but I took a breather, drank a bunch of water, and finished my workouts instead of giving up and giving in like I usually do.
  18. gypsylee

gypsylee SF Supporter

My daughter is 17 this year. We talked on FB Messenger again tonight and she really is becoming her own person. I've told bits of my story here and there, about my ex and my daughter but I don't like telling it. Anyway, she was asking me all these questions about spiritual stuff and I was so pleased I was quite overwhelmed. I've hung in there for so long for this I can't quite believe it. I feel strange! She's coming in March for the Ed Sheeran concert. I have to listen to his stuff because I don't even know what he sings haha. God, I don't know.. This whole thing is monumental :eek:
    Sunday16 likes this.
  19. nobodyknows71

nobodyknows71 May the odds be ever in your favour Forum Pro SF Supporter

Woohoo @gypsylee im glad you’re connecting with your daughter, even if it is at the cost of having to listen to Ed Sheran!! Lol
    It sounds one she’s resdy to have you in her life in some capacity, well done for hanging in there, this is the pay off.

Well done you (hugs)
  20. Lynne1974

Lynne1974 Well-Known Member

I finally showered again! And I have gotten some cleaning done around my apartment. Baby steps!
    Sunday16, nobodyknows71 and gypsylee like this.