I'm sorry to learn of your Brother's predicament, and his circumstances. It sounds like he was a very tough, man. To not have known just how much it was he was suffering, or how (with the chemical dependency), that must have been quite the shock to the system, once you'd found out. And it was already to late (to do anything about it, or to help - which, I'm sure he wouldn't have wanted you to be involved, worried, or troubled by his issues).
I, myself, had that problem of loneliness & isolation both leading up to and then away from again my prominent grief, or grieving period (the moment of). I did not leave the house much for the next year after the fact. Just got every thing sent to me. It was not helpful having no one to turn to, to share in this pain. Other than others' sympathy. I basically just tortured myself. I'd recommend, you try to do whatever you can that is within your realm of power to try to change such an outcome or Fate, and you do sound like you've got a lot more going for you with some of the momentum you've built & stored up, just prior to all of this.
Yes, I think I know what you mean by treating them as both separate & unique-cases; that then sort of bleed, or blend into one anotehr. I'd already had the depression. Then the loss. Added (or plus / & on top of ~then*) the grief, or the feeling so vacant. So it all just compounded on everything then. For quite a long while, I guess. As I said, about a year of being darn near - I can't think of the word?
But non-functioning, then. And then another six month s of rehab, for lack of a better to mend myself. The end of which, I believe kind of led to me showing up here again in the fall (last) with somewhat of an arsenal of communication at my disposal.
So, anyway? That was my story, then--hope it wasn't too self centured! Take care, good luck & best wishes. Maybe you can call your sisters today, if it isn't a travel day, too late, or you don't feel you'd be able to steer the conversation away from the cliff, or the danger zone/area, of feeling vulnerable & having them, then look down upon you & cast (such) judgement (upon).
I, myself, had that problem of loneliness & isolation both leading up to and then away from again my prominent grief, or grieving period (the moment of). I did not leave the house much for the next year after the fact. Just got every thing sent to me. It was not helpful having no one to turn to, to share in this pain. Other than others' sympathy. I basically just tortured myself. I'd recommend, you try to do whatever you can that is within your realm of power to try to change such an outcome or Fate, and you do sound like you've got a lot more going for you with some of the momentum you've built & stored up, just prior to all of this.
Yes, I think I know what you mean by treating them as both separate & unique-cases; that then sort of bleed, or blend into one anotehr. I'd already had the depression. Then the loss. Added (or plus / & on top of ~then*) the grief, or the feeling so vacant. So it all just compounded on everything then. For quite a long while, I guess. As I said, about a year of being darn near - I can't think of the word?
But non-functioning, then. And then another six month s of rehab, for lack of a better to mend myself. The end of which, I believe kind of led to me showing up here again in the fall (last) with somewhat of an arsenal of communication at my disposal.
So, anyway? That was my story, then--hope it wasn't too self centured! Take care, good luck & best wishes. Maybe you can call your sisters today, if it isn't a travel day, too late, or you don't feel you'd be able to steer the conversation away from the cliff, or the danger zone/area, of feeling vulnerable & having them, then look down upon you & cast (such) judgement (upon).
I think he didn't want me to see how he was living. His neighbor told me he was doing a lot of drugs.
Ten years ago, a lawyer representing my brother told me he would come to a bad end. This was sort of foreseeable, but it's still awful hard for me to realize that his final departure is absolutely final. I always nurtured a little flame of hope that he and I might be friendly again. I thought of him every single day.
I am grateful for all the replies above. It's hard to be so alone right now.