• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Do you remember?

Sevven

I'm awful with pills. Getting prescribed antibiotics is like asking for a resilient continuation of whatever lead to a prescription in the first place. I'll even set an alarm, it goes off and I think, "Right! I'll go do that!" and then get distracted and forget.
But any resistant infection would be better than ruining the effect of these meds. So, my only solution was to always keep them on me. My alarm goes off and I take the pill immediately. Crude though it may be, this is my literal medicine pouch. View attachment 9366 How do you remember your meds?

Witty✯Sarcasm

Eccentric writer, general weirdo, heedless heathen
SF Supporter
It's not crude, I think it's cute. :) Did you make it yourself or buy it?
I usually don't forget to take my meds unless I'm really distracted or busy or stressed. Even then, I usually remember within an hour or two. The longest I've gone without remembering was like 6 hours or so. I just remember to take it at the same time every night. I can be forgetful so I'm surprised I do remember it.

HumanExMachina

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I never do. I'm allergic to my cat so I have to take a benadryl before bed and I forget almost every single night. As soon as I'm comfortable and reading and starting to drift off, that's when I remember. Sometimes I don't remember even then and I wake up because while I was sleeping my head turned into a chocolate fountain.

Sunspots

★☆ Every Kind of Awesome ☆★
Staff member
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I take most of my meds in the morning. I keep them on the shelf next to my toothbrush so I see them and remember. I've been taking thyroid meds for over 20 years now so it's just become second nature to reach for them first thing. I've just started taking a different one at night which I tend to remember about 10 minutes after turning the light out ;)

nobodyknows71

For a Phoenix to rise, it must first burn.
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Im pretty good at remembering my morning meds. Don’t do anything with out a morning cup of tea so that’s when I take the majority.
I’ve just started to take one mid afternoon, that’s a spin out! It means I have to carry them EVERYWHERE! So I set an alarm in my phone and *try*to take it when it goes off but if I can’t I snooze it until I have literally swallowed the damn thing before hitting the stop button.
And my evening meds... I wait for my hubbys alarm to go off for his and take mine with him lol.

Ash600

✮☆Meetup star ☆✮
SF Creative
SF Supporter
Just a word of caution regarding storage of medicines, storing them in an environment where there is likely to be heat and moisture (eg bathroom, kitchen) can likely to increase the rate of degradation of your meds and so lead to a reduced therapeutic effect.

If there are issues regarding remembering to take your medicines, then have a word with your pharmacist with the view of supplying you with a compliance aid such as a dossette box to help you stick to your dosage regimen.

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Just a word of caution regarding storage of medicines, storing them in an environment where there is likely to be heat and moisture (eg bathroom, kitchen) can likely to increase the rate of degradation of your meds and so lead to a reduced therapeutic effect.

If there are issues regarding remembering to take your medicines, then have a word with your pharmacist with the view of supplying you with a compliance aid such as a dossette box to help you stick to your dosage regimen.
Thanks Ash. At the moment I tend to carry mine around in my handbag so that if I forget to take them before I leave the house, which I usually do, I can take them later in the day. That's not much bloody use though if I go out without my bag!

Sunspots

★☆ Every Kind of Awesome ☆★
Staff member
Safety & Support
SF Supporter

Oh, I hadn't thought of that!
I get my meds weekly so would they be OK for just that amount of time?
Hmmmm... Maybe I'll move them to my bedside table. Or put them by the back door with my ciggies ;)

Innocent Forever

Still innocent!
SF Supporter
Shucks, I'm meant to take vitamins and I forgot!!!
For now I've taken antibiotics for 2 weeks morning and evening. If I remember for the entire course (8 weeks twice a day, and I think another 2 months once a day) it'll be really major. I get distracted even when I remember...

nobodyknows71

For a Phoenix to rise, it must first burn.
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Shucks, I'm meant to take vitamins and I forgot!!!
For now I've taken antibiotics for 2 weeks morning and evening. If I remember for the entire course (8 weeks twice a day, and I think another 2 months once a day) it'll be really major. I get distracted even when I remember...
Sorry to be a topper @Innocent Forever but I’m on ABs for at least a year twice a day!! I have to admit I’m reasonably good at remembering though. Alarms on my phone are my friend.

Walker

Admin-a-monkey
Staff member
ADMIN
SF Social Media
SF Supporter
I'm crap at remembering my meds. I usually bring them to work and take them any time during my shift. I bring them in a tiny sealed baggie like this: View attachment 9441
Load them up every day, over and over again. Well, when I remembered to take them the night before, that is. I cannot possibly take meds at the same time every day, it would never happen. I don't have a time of day that I'm even awake every day, much less near water. And there's a whole handful of the little buggers too so sometimes I throw back the ones I don't feel like taking that day. I'm really bad at meds.

Aurelia

🔶🔸✴ 👑 ✴🔸🔶
I'm crap at remembering my meds. I usually bring them to work and take them any time during my shift. I bring them in a tiny sealed baggie like this: View attachment 9441
Load them up every day, over and over again. Well, when I remembered to take them the night before, that is. I cannot possibly take meds at the same time every day, it would never happen. I don't have a time of day that I'm even awake every day, much less near water. And there's a whole handful of the little buggers too so sometimes I throw back the ones I don't feel like taking that day. I'm really bad at meds.
I like things that come in baggies like that. Lol, sorry. Addict humor.

Sevven

Mine go in baggies like that. I lol'd about "near water." So true! Usually I drink nothing but coffee (I have an amazing relationship with my body) and I hate taking pills with hot liquid. I was like you until the pouch and phone alarms.
Also, jeez you degenerates, those are hobby lobby bead bags! ;p

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$195.00
Goal
$255.00