Dream Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ixtab

I have a recurring dream I’m in a forest fire. There is a small clearing I’m in there is a circle and flames all around, burning Timber’s falling all around, and even though the flames haven’t hit me my body hair is singing. My best friend is standing next to me and she looks annoyed we are about to die but not afraid. She holds her long hair in a pony tail with her hand and lights a cigarette off the flames and we both know it’s the last no one says anything and we get burnt up and I wake up cold and sweat is everywhere, even pillowcase and I sleep under a fan. Hooray dreams, I told her about it on the phone and she was like yea I don’t give a f about burning to death.

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
I have end of my life dreams, nothing morbid or suicidal but of disasters striking. There are three that happen regular and one is very often. The often one is perhaps because tornadoes are not uncommon and there are striking the town I live in. Another one is sounds like the 2006 TV series Jericho or the movie The Day After where I see mushroom clouds over the horizon and the third maybe because I love science fiction is alien invasion.

StrangeRanger

Just Another Heathen
Oh man, I have several dreams I could share.. Im usually a very lucid dreamer, but I have alot of nightmares/night terrors that dont make it too fun..but I have some wacky dreams... I wont share too much or Ill try not to, I dont want to be bothersome unless its okay! 😊 Ive had different kinds of reoccuring dreams growing up. The ones that always stressed me out were the ones I'd always miss the school bus, like to go home or to go to school. If I made it to the bus, at the right stop, it would simply be the wrong bus OR the bus around me would disappear..Always something weird or different with the variety of situations in these dreams..(had one there was basically a freakshow crew with jazz instruments, a goldfish with its bowl levitating & partaking in conversations, disco music was playing, etc) . Had a few times it was the right bus but we'd get stranded in the forest of a different state or it was a never ending journey with no answer but silence to where we were going; the bus driver just acted like he was on the road solo, or he'd give us a specific menacing look... I don't have them anymore, but they always gave me anxiety as silly as it sounds. As simplistic as it sounds it was very intense in its own way

StrangeRanger

Just Another Heathen
I have end of my life dreams, nothing morbid or suicidal but of disasters striking. There are three that happen regular and one is very often. The often one is perhaps because tornadoes are not uncommon and there are striking the town I live in. Another one is sounds like the 2006 TV series Jericho or the movie The Day After where I see mushroom clouds over the horizon and the third maybe because I love science fiction is alien invasion.
I have had some like that as well! The most recent one I had, a giant purple laser came constantly & in brief spurts through the sky & started blasting chunks of a big city & the rest of the earth, the whole dream my bf & I were driving away, both stoic & almost happy but still watching in a terrified awe.. no idea why.... very trippy & just different. Usually I have natural disater ones too but more with volcanoes, had a couple tornadoes. The nuclear ones always freak me out...

Last edited:

Lara_C

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I had a dream that a ton of my hair suddenly went gray/white. Like huge patches of it. I was both amused and upset.
I've had that one too, and another where my teeth fell out and filled my mouth as I tried to speak.

The strangest dream I had was one where I can't remember the content but just before I woke up I suddenly heard a voice saying if you don't stop believing this is real, you will never wake up. Another time I wasn't dreaming but was aware for a moment I was in deep dreamless sleep.

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
I've had that one too, and another where my teeth fell out and filled my mouth as I tried to speak.
I've had lots of teeth dreams, ever since I was a child, but this was the first time I've had a hair one. Only a few months after my roommate found what was perhaps my first gray when he was giving me a haircut.
The strangest dream I had was one where I can't remember the content but just before I woke up I suddenly heard a voice saying if you don't stop believing this is real, you will never wake up.
That's really spooky.

Lara_C

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
That's really spooky.
It does sound it, but it wasnt. I can remember how it felt to be in deep sleep but aware of it, and it was good :). I have a theory we're all aware in deep sleep, but we forget it when we wake up, just like we completely forget our waking life when in deep sleep. For some reason I remembered it when I woke that time

Last edited:

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
The last one I had was weird. I was laying on the ground coloring for some reason, then my sister and a family friend came over. They went in the apartment with my mom, and for some reason I couldn't get there. I went through some restaurant areas and tried to get on an elevator that was like a giant cloth mechanism, and it was way too fast to get on it. Then I was in some hospital part and waited for an elevator, and there was a guy in there with some weird looking animal hat and a chicken mask on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00