• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Exercise club

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
Little 30 minute loosener, did about 2.5 miles, first run since I got the chest/throat thing, didn't want to leave it to too long or my muscles start unravelling 😱 Got to increase frequency somehow!
 

Harrow

Well-Known Member
I know it is not much, but I have not exercised in about three months, busy and depression.
And I do not really want to start big again, so I have been thinking that for the next six days, I will do twenty-five push ups every morning when I wake up, then go for an afternoon walk with my dog, for about an hour which is what we usually do and then I will do another twenty-five before bed in the evenings. At least for six days after that I will see how I feel and maybe add a few more things, just until I am in the swing of things again and can do a proper hour routine.

Anycase that is my goal for this week *sweat
 

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
I know it is not much, but I have not exercised in about three months, busy and depression.
And I do not really want to start big again, so I have been thinking that for the next six days, I will do twenty-five push ups every morning when I wake up, then go for an afternoon walk with my dog, for about an hour which is what we usually do and then I will do another twenty-five before bed in the evenings. At least for six days after that I will see how I feel and maybe add a few more things, just until I am in the swing of things again and can do a proper hour routine.

Anycase that is my goal for this week *sweat
Any start is a good one and just take things as you can and are comfortable doing. Like so much in life it is a marathon, not a sprint so try not to overdo and you should be fine.
 

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
I know it is not much, but I have not exercised in about three months, busy and depression.
And I do not really want to start big again, so I have been thinking that for the next six days, I will do twenty-five push ups every morning when I wake up, then go for an afternoon walk with my dog, for about an hour which is what we usually do and then I will do another twenty-five before bed in the evenings. At least for six days after that I will see how I feel and maybe add a few more things, just until I am in the swing of things again and can do a proper hour routine.

Anycase that is my goal for this week *sweat
Just do whatever you can. This isn't an elite thread or anything. Walking the dog counts, doing the chores counts, and that's more pushups than I can do by far! Keep up the good work and post here, it's a motivational and supportive little group!
 

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
I did 30 minute run, 11:50 min/mile pace. Better than last outing. For some reason I prefer running in wind and rain than blazing sunshine 🤣🤣🤣 Felt good, a proper run for first time in a while 😀 Needed it to blow away a lot of cobwebs!
 

Harrow

Well-Known Member
Thank you I really appreciate that. I did them yesterday and my body is really stiff today, but hopefully my body will remember how after a few days, but it was harder then I was expecting.

I wish I could run. I need to start small I think, though the other day I had to chase an escaping dog and I suprised myself, also nearly had a heartattck lol.

Tall people do not run
 

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
Got out for a run today after being idle for the last half a week. Felt really good and was doing a good pace, breathing hard but no discomfort, did the 2nd mile in 10 mins 20 - fast for me currently. Heart rate data was a bit weird though, I noticed it was high during the run, but when I looked at the stats my heart rate was at threshold for most of the run (it's usually only like that if I do a steep hill or sprint as hard as possible, which I wasn't!). As i didn't keel over I figure it's probably just an anomaly and I won't worry about it. I had another watch once and it said my heart rate was 250 during a jog. I think I binned that one 🤣🤣🤣
 

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
Got out for another 5k as probably won't be able to get out for the rest of the week. Ran quite relaxed but pace was still decent though heart rate still on the high side. Mind you there was a time over the summer where I couldn't get my heart rate up, bodies are funny things. Maybe I'm just getting fitter 🤷
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$255.00
Top