• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Exercise club

Widowedvegan

Well-Known Member
All I could muster in the cold wet dark was a brisk stroll around the streets. Walked about 2.5 miles in 40 minutes. Better than nothing at all. Forgot to take phone to document the Christmas lights, I'll try to remember next time!
At least you got out and walked…
I never got dressed today and have spent the entire day in bed watching stupid tv
 
I will get on my elliptical trainer today for 45 minutes. I watch YouTube videos while working out, which makes the time go faster. I usually watch videos about philosophy, psychological topics (especially The Crappy Childhood Fairy, Dr. Tracey Marks or Therapy in a Nutshell).
 

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
Been awhile since on here...first kudos to all and all you are doing.

Have a question they closed the pool for the winter till March alas. So, I am trying to come up with an alternative to swimming laps (1000 m in 1 hour). Trying the treadmill for an hour of brisk walking (go about 3 miles...so not really super brisk alas). Wondered if anyone had any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
 

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
Been awhile since on here...first kudos to all and all you are doing.

Have a question they closed the pool for the winter till March alas. So, I am trying to come up with an alternative to swimming laps (1000 m in 1 hour). Trying the treadmill for an hour of brisk walking (go about 3 miles...so not really super brisk alas). Wondered if anyone had any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Don't know. Yoga or pilates to keep you supple. Speed up the walk into a gentle jog? Go out hiking so you get best of the light and movement but you don't get the same upper body workout. Difficult to know as it depends on if you have any other equipment and your core fitness levels, could you set incline on the treadmill etc. Maybe light weights and circuit training, pushups etc.
 

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
Don't know. Yoga or pilates to keep you supple. Speed up the walk into a gentle jog? Go out hiking so you get best of the light and movement but you don't get the same upper body workout. Difficult to know as it depends on if you have any other equipment and your core fitness levels, could you set incline on the treadmill etc. Maybe light weights and circuit training, pushups etc.
Thanks for the ideas. I am trying to do the treadmill at 5 incline and 3.5 speed for 1 hour (about 3 miles) 2 days a week. I do have access to gym with equipment so guess will give weights, elliptical and/or rowing machine a try. Know I'm whining but all those seem like "work" versus swimming which is exercise but relaxing for me....sigh...but will look on positive side as chance to learn some new things...
 

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
Thanks for the ideas. I am trying to do the treadmill at 5 incline and 3.5 speed for 1 hour (about 3 miles) 2 days a week. I do have access to gym with equipment so guess will give weights, elliptical and/or rowing machine a try. Know I'm whining but all those seem like "work" versus swimming which is exercise but relaxing for me....sigh...but will look on positive side as chance to learn some new things...
Lol don't worry about it, I'm the same with running, it's exercise but I really enjoy it and it's relaxing for me - most other forms of exercise feel like work for me! It's great you love the swimming but a shame they close that pool for so long. Good luck with the alternative exercises in the meantime!
 

Windhover

meandering home
SF Supporter
Been awhile since on here...first kudos to all and all you are doing.

Have a question they closed the pool for the winter till March alas. So, I am trying to come up with an alternative to swimming laps (1000 m in 1 hour). Trying the treadmill for an hour of brisk walking (go about 3 miles...so not really super brisk alas). Wondered if anyone had any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
IF you've access to a rowing machine, I suggest rowing, with headphones for music or whatever you like.
 

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
Lol don't worry about it, I'm the same with running, it's exercise but I really enjoy it and it's relaxing for me - most other forms of exercise feel like work for me! It's great you love the swimming but a shame they close that pool for so long. Good luck with the alternative exercises in the meantime!
Thanks for the encouragement! :) Needed that!
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$255.00
Top