• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Exercise club

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
Went for a run, as I had headphones on all day I didn't realise just how much it had been raining. I managed to run 3 miles but it was more like an assault course of water from above and below, some of the puddles were like lakes so I got wet feet and my knee started niggling after leaping over a particularly large puddle. I did get to go to Lapland - 3 houses, 1 on one side and two on the other side of the street round the corner, appear to be in competition about who can have the most literally insane power guzzling decorations on their houses and it even brightened up the wet dark winter night briefly. I'm going to take a snap next time I'm out and it's dry, it's worth sharing!
 

Neko~boy

Well-Known Member
Live this @DouglasW

i have been working on trying to manage a diet in a healthy manner and do more physical activities. So far i do sone light weight lifting (i am beginning so just 10 lbs at 20 reps for now πŸ˜…) and then i count my steps at work. Today i got 16,634 steps total, so, i feel rather good about that number.

i have lost 10 lbs in the last few weeks though i will be honest that the last 4lbs weren't lost in the best of ways. (Just haven't had an appetite)

i look forward to seeing what everyone else does and encouraging each other. i was thinking of something like this the other day. :)
 

Neko~boy

Well-Known Member
Went for a run, as I had headphones on all day I didn't realise just how much it had been raining. I managed to run 3 miles but it was more like an assault course of water from above and below, some of the puddles were like lakes so I got wet feet and my knee started niggling after leaping over a particularly large puddle. I did get to go to Lapland - 3 houses, 1 on one side and two on the other side of the street round the corner, appear to be in competition about who can have the most literally insane power guzzling decorations on their houses and it even brightened up the wet dark winter night briefly. I'm going to take a snap next time I'm out and it's dry, it's worth sharing!
Fantastic job! 3 miles is a lot! *hi5
 

Neko~boy

Well-Known Member
I need to get back into exercise. It's gone completely out the window the last couple of weeks. Usually, I try to go for a walk most days and aim to walk at least 8000 steps a day, but haven't been doing it in the run up to the holidays because I've been busy and the weather's been rubbish. I also need to do some toning exercises, as the flab on my belly is really getting to me.

Holidays can always be hectic and bad weather doesn't help. i am sorry that the "flab" on your belly is getting to you, but i bet you're wonderful just as you are. *brohug

What have you done for toning exercises?
 

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
Running in the gentle rain isn't too bad but a downpour is rough.
That'd be fun to see the decorations, I hope you manage to take pics.
In fact, that motivates me to change my run route a little to see the house's holiday lights around here.

Today was just yoga for 30 minutes.
Well done on the Yoga! I'll be sure to get a snap at some point, they're literally only round the corner.

I used to love running through pouring rain and practically through low lying clouds when I was living out in Wales with mountains and extreme coastal weather but it's not as much fun in the dark in an urban setting!
 

Windhover

meandering home
SF Supporter
I used to love running through pouring rain and practically through low lying clouds when I was living out in Wales with mountains and extreme coastal weather but it's not as much fun in the dark in an urban setting!
lucky you! I miss running along mountain trails too, although not in late winter when they'd have black ice.
I'm stuck in a large urban place atm. Way, way too many vehicles, miles of roads with no footpaths, and no parks close-by here: it's like cities are designed to ruin one's mental health. I have to find some aspects that are a little positive - like Christmas lights, ravens, and nice cool rain. And Turkey trot 5k on Thanksgiving morning.
 

Harrow

Well-Known Member
Hey I hope you do not mind me sharing here

So I started exercising properly again amost two months ago (I think it will be too months at the end of next week)

My routine consists at the moment of two days on and one day off

So on the first day, I do upper body chest and triceps.

To start with I started with just 30 push ups, then the next session I did 50, then 75, then 100, then 125, then 150.

But recently that has become too time consuming, it takes me almost an hour and a half.

So now I do 115 a session instead

My total consecutive push ups in a row is 21 (as of two days ago)

When I can do 22, I will do 120 in a session and eveytime I go up by 2, I will increase my total by 5.

And when I can do 30 in a row, I will start doing Elevated push ups (feet on platform) and I will try get that to 30 in a row and when I can do that I will move on to archer push ups and so on and so on.

So there is always progressive overload.

And then to finish of my session I do 60 dips (sets of 20) only chair dips not proper onces, but every session I keep adding more and more either reps or sets and eventually I want to progress to harder versions.

But I was kind of disapointed last night, I took a video of my form because I thought I was messing up my elbows, turns out theyre are perfect, but my back arches a little, so I have to work on that. It is just hard because I cant find an angle to film myself and I do not have anyone to check so I struggle to know if I am doing it right, but I will keep practicing.

Then the second day I do legs

I really just do a huge number of squats, between 100 and 200 and a few lunges as well. I want to add box jumps and step ups and all that but I will get there eventually.
I can kinda do a pistol squat though so proud of that.

(future third day)

I have bought a pull up bar to work on my back and biceps but it has not arrived yet, hopefully sometime next week then I will do a third day. But until then.
I cant actually do a pull up yet, but I will learn
I need to though because my front is heavier then my back now.

Then every morning I try do 20 minute cardio, but at the moment it is a little inconsitant, so I do it maybe 3 to 4 times a week, but I want to eventually do it 6 times.

I do

5 burpees
1 minute of high to low plank
plank running (forget the term) for about 45 seconds
10 v ups (still practicing them so they are not great)

and then I repeat 3 times

Then every second day in the evening just before bed I do abs

I do 3 sets of 30 hollow body holds

then I 20 lying lef rasies with a lift
then 100 crunches

and then 3 sets of 1 minute plank

And every week I try add an exercise to that or another set.
My abs are still very weak.
And push ups and squats make then too tired to do too much

Anycase that is what I have been doing.

Thought I would share.
 

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
Hey I hope you do not mind me sharing here

So I started exercising properly again amost two months ago (I think it will be too months at the end of next week)

My routine consists at the moment of two days on and one day off

So on the first day, I do upper body chest and triceps.

To start with I started with just 30 push ups, then the next session I did 50, then 75, then 100, then 125, then 150.

But recently that has become too time consuming, it takes me almost an hour and a half.

So now I do 115 a session instead

My total consecutive push ups in a row is 21 (as of two days ago)

When I can do 22, I will do 120 in a session and eveytime I go up by 2, I will increase my total by 5.

And when I can do 30 in a row, I will start doing Elevated push ups (feet on platform) and I will try get that to 30 in a row and when I can do that I will move on to archer push ups and so on and so on.

So there is always progressive overload.

And then to finish of my session I do 60 dips (sets of 20) only chair dips not proper onces, but every session I keep adding more and more either reps or sets and eventually I want to progress to harder versions.

But I was kind of disapointed last night, I took a video of my form because I thought I was messing up my elbows, turns out theyre are perfect, but my back arches a little, so I have to work on that. It is just hard because I cant find an angle to film myself and I do not have anyone to check so I struggle to know if I am doing it right, but I will keep practicing.

Then the second day I do legs

I really just do a huge number of squats, between 100 and 200 and a few lunges as well. I want to add box jumps and step ups and all that but I will get there eventually.
I can kinda do a pistol squat though so proud of that.

(future third day)

I have bought a pull up bar to work on my back and biceps but it has not arrived yet, hopefully sometime next week then I will do a third day. But until then.
I cant actually do a pull up yet, but I will learn
I need to though because my front is heavier then my back now.

Then every morning I try do 20 minute cardio, but at the moment it is a little inconsitant, so I do it maybe 3 to 4 times a week, but I want to eventually do it 6 times.

I do

5 burpees
1 minute of high to low plank
plank running (forget the term) for about 45 seconds
10 v ups (still practicing them so they are not great)

and then I repeat 3 times

Then every second day in the evening just before bed I do abs

I do 3 sets of 30 hollow body holds

then I 20 lying lef rasies with a lift
then 100 crunches

and then 3 sets of 1 minute plank

And every week I try add an exercise to that or another set.
My abs are still very weak.
And push ups and squats make then too tired to do too much

Anycase that is what I have been doing.

Thought I would share.
Why should anyone mind? That's what this is for 😊 thank you so much for sharing, sounds like a great plan you've put together. All I do is go out and run and I've yet to be able to do a plank past 30 seconds (sometimes I try after a run, sometimes I just head to the fridge 🀣) Keep sharing your ideas and progress and it will help inspire us to keep going as well πŸ˜ƒ
 

Harrow

Well-Known Member
Why should anyone mind? That's what this is for 😊 thank you so much for sharing, sounds like a great plan you've put together. All I do is go out and run and I've yet to be able to do a plank past 30 seconds (sometimes I try after a run, sometimes I just head to the fridge 🀣) Keep sharing your ideas and progress and it will help inspire us to keep going as well πŸ˜ƒ
Thank you so much *hug

I wish I could run, I do about a minute then feel like I am dying. I want to practice more. But now it is summer and it is way to hot

Keep at the plank you will get there eventually. When I first started I added 2 seconds each time I tried and I slowly built up.
But 30 seconds is damn impressive already. Expecially after a run which uses your core a lot.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$255.00
Top