Fashion, makeup, shopping hauls and other Shallow Stuff <3

Okay so thought I would start this thread for anyone with an interest in this stuff. I'm not really a fashionista but I did just get a haul of mostly casual t-shirts from Shien, average cost $12 Canadian, for myself and husband. For some reason I love seeing other people's shopping hauls (probably because I'm on a budget.) So maybe some of you will enjoy seeing photos of a few things I bought today. I did use a 15% discount code for my Shein purchase - these codes can be found on most Youtube videos of Shein hauls- just look in the notes. I actually find Shein to be decent quality although make sure you keep all the packaging in case you want to return anything, and look up the process online. And in general you need to order a size up from your regular size, but check the reviews.

Okay, so here's the stuff. Most is casual for wearing around the house or weekends. Prettiest piece (a blouse) is first:

pdfloral blouse.jpg Stripedress.jpg MeowWars.jpg TiedyeTee.jpg Peace tee.jpg

And makeup... It's work but I always feel better when I wear it. Other than sunscreen, my most essential item is my mineral concealer, because I have some scars and dark spots. My favorite makeup item is my Essence matte bronzer in Light, which is $5 Canadian and I like it better than most high-end bronzers I've tried. 2nd favorite is my NYX matte blush in Taupe which I use for contour. I have very pale neutral-tone skin. I would love to shop at Sephora but can't afford it. My overall favorite drugstore brand is NYX. I don't use any brands that test on animals. My favorite mineral makeup brands are Alima Pure (in the US) and Pure Anada (Canadian). Oh and I have to mention my favorite mineral makeup item which is Pure Anada's mascara, which is very highly rated and positively reviewed.

My least favorite makeup item is lipstick - how annoying to have something you have to constantly re-apply. I was testing some long-wear lipsticks but then masks came along and rendered them unnecessary. These days I don't wear makeup at all. I miss it... sort of

Kira

•✮• SF Gelfling •✮•
SF Creative
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I'm definitely going to keep an eye on this thread! I had to comment on that blouse! I LOVE it! I don't really own anything "formal" or "dressy" but that is really beautiful and I'd definitely wear it :)

Did you just order it today or actually receive it today? I'd love to know how it fits and feels.

I'm definitely going to keep an eye on this thread! I had to comment on that blouse! I LOVE it! I don't really own anything "formal" or "dressy" but that is really beautiful and I'd definitely wear it :)

Did you just order it today or actually receive it today? I'd love to know how it fits and feels.
I just ordered it. I agree - it's gorgeous, and looks like it would be slimming too. I don't need another work/dressy blouse at the moment but I couldn't resist it. Shein can be hit-and-miss but I've found a few unique pieces that get lots of compliments. I'll let you know about the fabric/fit when I receive it. Usually I look at the reviews to verify sizing but this blouse was too new to have any. In general I buy a size larger than my usual size at other retailers.

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
That blouse is absolutely fabulous!! Omg, I want it :D It's really beautiful for casual or even dining out or a day at the beach. I think it would look well on all sizes too, I think you have a great fashion sense.

I will look at some of my favourite make up later and throw up some pics of what's hot and what's not ;) Ha, I mean the best ones of course :) Also pre-pandemic I did not wear make up much but have recently started to buy some lovely great eye shadow colours and mascara. Mascara is my God :D as vain as that sounds, 'cos I'm fair and like long lashes.

There is one thing I'm stuck at and that is liquid foundation, I have purchased a few ones but they just don't match my colour (very hard to purchase online) and seem sometimes too sticky or too liquid-y. If anyone has foundation or concealer suggestions, please throw them my way.

When I wake up a bit more lol, I'll go through my make up items and post pictures and let you know how good they are. Oh, I bought an amazing blusher/bronzer/shimmer set a few months back, it is beautiful, I will post that and also I do not wear lipgloss/lipstick, 1. It is too annoying like you said and 2. With having to wear a mask everywhere it's pointless.

LOVING this thread already! 💖🥰😂 C'mon girlies let's get together and and share our favourite products and tips! 😍

Kira

•✮• SF Gelfling •✮•
SF Creative
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I just ordered it. I agree - it's gorgeous, and looks like it would be slimming too. I don't need another work/dressy blouse at the moment but I couldn't resist it. Shein can be hit-and-miss but I've found a few unique pieces that get lots of compliments. I'll let you know about the fabric/fit when I receive it. Usually I look at the reviews to verify sizing but this blouse was too new to have any. In general I buy a size larger than my usual size at other retailers.
Yes, please let me know! I'm very interested to find out. :)

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
This is the best mascara of all time, IMHO. The brand is TOO FACED, BETTER THAN SEX (that's the name of this particular mascara). 18.50 for the mini size LOL. I don't usually spend that much on make up but it was a special occasion. :)

1618133108802.png

This is the best mascara of all time, IMHO. The brand is TOO FACED, BETTER THAN SEX (that's the name of this particular mascara). 18.50 for the mini size LOL. I don't usually spend that much on make up but it was a special occasion. :)

View attachment 44220
Mascara is a real headache for me! When I find one I like they either discontinue or change it, so am now on the hunt for a decent one. I will definitely try this one, so thank you!

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
I haven't really worn make-up for four years (unless it was a very special occasion) but since going back to work I've had to start wearing it again. It's funny I was only looking at new make-up yesterday as mine is all old and a bit manky now.

I used to buy Bare Minerals or Bobbi Brown but they no longer do my favourite colours so I need to look for different ones. I'm pretty simple in my make-up tastes - two eyeshadows (a light shimmery one and a dark for around the sockets), a liquid black eyeliner (I always use the Stila pen which luckily hasn't been discontinued!), black mascara (waterproof as my eyes water in the summer with hayfever) and blusher. And a red lipstick when no mask wearing is required.

I need new eyeshadows, blusher and mascara. Brand suggestions please?

Sunspots

Admin
SF Supporter
I used to work for Karen Millen many years ago as their window designer. I'd travel around all their stores in the UK (there were only around 25 then) doing their window and in-store displays. It was great, we'd be allowed to choose four complete outfits every season for free and anything else we got for cost :)

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Mascara is a real headache for me! When I find one I like they either discontinue or change it, so am now on the hunt for a decent one. I will definitely try this one, so thank you!
Yes, I agree, the limited edition ones can be amazing but then they bring out new ones, I have tonnes of mascara, this is definitely the best so far and worth the money, do try it and let us know what you rate it! *hug

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I wear this one often, its Sleek Highlighter, it is beautiful on and really shines up your face without a sweaty look. It shimmers and is fab just on the high cheek bones, 8.99. It is not a limited edition and its on the Boots websites with other colours/tones to choose from but this is a winner and believe me I am picky with my highighters *shy and @Sunspots Sleek have beautiful gold toned blushers too as well as rosy and they last long too, so you don't have to keep re-applying, they're perfect.

1618137453181.png

Last edited:
I wear this one often, its Sleek Highlighter, it is beautiful on and really shines up your face without a sweaty look. It shimmers and is fab just on the high cheek bones, 8.99. It is not a limited edition and its on the Boots websites with other colours/tones to choose from but this is a winner and believe me I am picky with my highighters *shy and @Sunspots Sleek have beautiful gold toned blushers too as well as rosy and they last long too, so you don't have to keep re-applying, they're perfect.

View attachment 44221
Is it waterproof.... I dont know why but that seems to be better?

Sunspots

Admin
SF Supporter
I tend to buy a lot of my clothes secondhand. My favourite brands are White Stuff, Fat Face and Mint Velvet. They're all fairly expensive but can find a lot of them on eBay so I can afford more of them. I bought a gorgeous pair of biker boots last week, they would have been totally out of my price range new and they only look like they've been worn a couple of times.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00