Future tattoos

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonelyLuna

Those are awesome ideas!!! I'm super scared of needles but if I get over my fear these are the ones I'd like.

This would probably be the first one cuz it's small
View attachment 8207

And I really like this one cuz I love walking outside and being with nature. And with this tattoo I'd be able to bring a bit of that nature with me everywhere I go
View attachment 8205

And I love this one cuz I love foxes!!!!!
View attachment 8208

Sevven

Those are awesome ideas!!! I'm super scared of needles but if I get over my fear these are the ones I'd like.

This would probably be the first one cuz it's small
View attachment 8207

And I really like this one cuz I love walking outside and being with nature. And with this tattoo I'd be able to bring a bit of that nature with me everywhere I go
View attachment 8205

And I love this one cuz I love foxes!!!!!
View attachment 8208
I really like that first one! The second one makes me think of Mick Dodge who, legend has it, kicked off his shoes, tattooed roots on his feet and hasn't put shoes on again in the 25 years since!
I can't get blood drawn without someone holding my hand, and still I usually get nauseous, but tattoos don't bug me and I have... 23(?) now. With a gun, for me, it's the hot vibration feeling more than a poke, and when I stick and poke it just depends on where. That inner arm spot in 2 of your photos is pretty easy to handle, and my shin stick n poke was surprisingly painless. Vibration makes bony spots more painful.

LonelyLuna

23!!! That's awesome!!!!! Which one is your favorite?

Oh I've never heard of that! I'm gonna look into it :)

Thanks for the advice I'm definitely gonna use it. And if things go well with my boyfriend, then in the future when we get married we're gonna get a voice memo tattoo of us saying "together forever" on our hearts :oops:

Sevven

What's a voice memo tattoo? Sounds like some serious future biz!
Hmmm.... My favorite... I gotta think about that.
[pause]
I think... Barring any drawn out stories about emotional significance, design importance, difficulty, etc.... This one has to be my favorite:
View attachment 8219
I drew it as an idea, it came out perfectly on the first try and I was like, "I guess I'm doing this tattoo right now because I'll never be able to draw it that well again!"
I went at it forever before agreeing to let my husband help, and that blank spot on the third wing segment on the right is also a symbol of his love for me, because he let up pressure when he saw how badly it was hurting me.
This tattoo is like a life goal- to be a light bringer like the Scarab god Khepri

Sevven

View attachment 8245
So for the voice memo, you record a message and then transfer it to the sound wave that your phone can scan and play back. :D

Omgosh that blank spot is such a cute reminder!!!!! I'd love to hear the stories behind your tattoos if you're ok with sharing!
That's so unique! I've never heard of that! And even if you recorded the same message as someone else, your tattoo would be different because your voices aren't the same.
I can share tattoo meanings. The main point of a tattoo for me is meaning, even above appearance. I like to share, it just goes on and on. Lol.

I'm have a few tattoos planned for my feet:
View attachment 8470
View attachment 8471 View attachment 8472
That last one is not how I want mine to look but I want those words.
I really like runes/cultural symbology. A friend of mine designed their own foot sigils. I ended up making a cultural mash up spiritual analogy symbol for myself. These are my friend's sigils.
View attachment 8488

Sevven

This is one of my more recent pieces. I was raised oppressively religious and it kinda surfaces from time to time. I was thinking about the self denial aspect, and how you're not supposed to give yourself any credit, when really your faith is the self generated energy that ultimately motivates you. It dawned on me there is a sort of "human trinity" - body, mind and spirit.
I created this:
View attachment 8490
Triangle= trinity. Shell= body, encased and bound by time (spiral represents time). Top rune comes from mythical /mystical culture and represents the mind, for me personally, ruled by perception and chaos. Bottom left is the triskele (kind of ironically, can be used to represent the trinity), Celtic symbol of fluidity, and bottom right is the Norse rune for 'self.' Together these imply the soul, fluid, yet defining. I did it myself on right my shin.

Sevven

This is one of my more recent pieces. I was raised oppressively religious and it kinda surfaces from time to time. I was thinking about the self denial aspect, and how you're not supposed to give yourself any credit, when really your faith is the self generated energy that ultimately motivates you. It dawned on me there is a sort of "human trinity" - body, mind and spirit.
I created this:
View attachment 8490
Triangle= trinity. Shell= body, encased and bound by time (spiral represents time). Top rune comes from mythical /mystical culture and represents the mind, for me personally, ruled by perception and chaos. Bottom left is the triskele (kind of ironically, can be used to represent the trinity), Celtic symbol of fluidity, and bottom right is the Norse rune for 'self.' Together these imply the soul, fluid, yet defining. I did it myself on right my shin.
View attachment 8491

Sevven

@LonelyLuna did you see the Mary Oliver piece I posted in the poetry thread, Wild Geese? I have simply the words "wild geese" on the inner edges of my fingers. And the zodiac symbols of loved ones on the front of my left knuckles...A small star a friend wanted when we were in highschool, one of the first I ever did when I was 16 and used India ink and sewing needles. 2 silly little snakes because my husband said to if I loved him. Lol. One just says "fuck tweakers." It's a really effective way to get left alone on a city bus. One is just the house number of a squat. I do have one totally meaningless tattoo- it's just a tulip in a pot because I wanted to keep doing tattoos that night but was out of ideas. I think that's all the really small/simple to explain tattoos... Maybe I'll just message you the rest instead of filling up this whole thread. Lol

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I really like tattoos on feet and ankles. I only have one so far. Everyone said I shouldn't have a foot tattoo as my first one as it would hurt. It did a bit but not as bad as I'd expected.

Sevven

Oh no maybe I should do a different spot than my ankle for my first tattoo.
My worst 2 were back of the hand and ankle (bony.)
My first was inner forearm. Anything forearm is pretty okay. Legs in general seem to be more painful, but oddly my shin wasn't bad. I did it stick and poke though, so there was no vibration. And, of course, everyone's body is different. Dunno if this helps you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00