Has any body read this book?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lmxoxo

Guys I recently read this book. And it was amazing. I just loved it so much. I just so felt Ellery's thought processes. I think this book is so, so special and if anyone has read it, let me know! It's called 'Teach Me To Forget' by Erica M. Chapman and it's about a girl called Ellery. Ellery is planning to kill herself. She's got everything figured out. All the details. And then, something disrupts her perfect plan so she makes a new plan. And in the process of figuring out that new plan she comes across new disruptions. New friends, a boy, love. She's a girl struggling to live but also coming to terms with the fact that killing herself and severing those connections is more difficult than she originally thought it would be.

JDot

remember to drink plenty of water
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
I haven't read that one. But another hopeful book involving suicide I read was called Long Way Down by Nick Hornby. A group of people meet each other at a fictional famous place to end everything. They decide that they will meet there each year until they can bring themselves to do it. As the book goes along it shows them meeting every year and it show how their lives change over time.

There's one part of the book I believe is intended to be hidden meaning. I'm not going to say all the details about it. But it involves one of the main characters noticing the Ferris Wheel has moved without him paying attention. To me it kind of represents how life changes even if we're not paying attention.

I definitely would like to read Teach Me to Forget. I love stories of hope in the midst of darkness. I just added the title to one of my sticky notes.

Lmxoxo

I haven't read that one. But another hopeful book involving suicide I read was called Long Way Down by Nick Hornby. A group of people meet each other at a fictional famous place to end everything. They decide that they will meet there each year until they can bring themselves to do it. As the book goes along it shows them meeting every year and it show how their lives change over time.

There's one part of the book I believe is intended to be hidden meaning. I'm not going to say all the details about it. But it involves one of the main characters noticing the Ferris Wheel has moved without him paying attention. To me it kind of represents how life changes even if we're not paying attention.

I definitely would like to read Teach Me to Forget. I love stories of hope in the midst of darkness. I just added the title to one of my sticky notes.
Definitely give this book a go!

Right. That sounds really intense! I haven't read that book! I'm actually obsessed with reading! It's one of the only things I 100% enjoy! I'm definitely going to be adding that book to my reading list. It sounds like the kind of book that would linger

Guys... I looove reading so much! I also want to try to write a book! xo

Brian777

Safety and Support
SF Artist
SF Supporter
Reading is my favorite pastime too, I got kindle some years back which certainly saves space and I'm also trying the audible books which are great for when driving. Thanks for the recommendations, I've put both of these on my list :)
Read on!!!
Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00