• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Help

LumberJack

Huggy Bear 🐻 u r warned!
SF Supporter
#1
I’m really trying not to lose my shit, but I am in so much pain. I don’t know why. I do know that I want to hurt myself as if that would make things better. It won’t; chances are it would only make things worse.

I’m guessing that anyone here has felt this way, too. Is there anything that helps when filled with despair? I know, probably exercise or deep breathing, etc, and I don’t have the energy or motivation to do these things. I need to find some way to get myself up off the floor so I can start to work on self care. How do I get out of this?
 

Soul flower

Well-Known Member
#2
I've said this to you before - but even I forget when I'm so low which things I've tried that worked .... magnesium supplements - take a bath with epsom salts or even just plug the drain up while you shower and sprinkle it in so your feet are soaking in it.

It's minor but any shift off the bottom can sometimes get me started again -- sometimes even just a bath or shower in those unbearable moments can help a shift.

sorry to hear you feeling so low Jack - happy to listen if you want to spout off at all
 

Windhover

meandering home
SF Supporter
#4
when filled with despair?
I breathe really deep and allow myself to feel all of it. Then I avknowledge that I'm going to have to take in very small bits of physical challenges to change things in my mind and body.

I cannot change the mind without also changing what I do with my body. So for me it is simple exercise of the core. That gets me started. There is a lot more to it, but that gets me off my butt. I have a page of routine core works but you can research whatever strikes your rancy. It is necessary to be difficult, I find.

I hope you are alright @LumberJack .

Sending thoughts of peace and energy
 

Paul1963

Well-Known Member
#5
I’m really trying not to lose my shit, but I am in so much pain. I don’t know why. I do know that I want to hurt myself as if that would make things better. It won’t; chances are it would only make things worse.

I’m guessing that anyone here has felt this way, too. Is there anything that helps when filled with despair? I know, probably exercise or deep breathing, etc, and I don’t have the energy or motivation to do these things. I need to find some way to get myself up off the floor so I can start to work on self care. How do I get out of this?
I suffer from clinical depression and spend most days just wanting to sleep. I do however FORCE myself to get up and do some excercise because if I don't, I will only feel incredibly lethargic throughout the day.
Excercise activates the bodies energy production system. So if you just go for a quick walk, do a few sit ups etc it will make you feel more energised and also produce feel good endorphins in the brain. Also taking a vitamin b supplement 1 hour before excercise will boost your metabolism.
I find it best to not think about doing it, but just do it and force yourself into it.
I hope this helps.
Take care.
 

Daryl72

Well-Known Member
#9
I suffer from clinical depression and spend most days just wanting to sleep. I do however FORCE myself to get up and do some excercise because if I don't, I will only feel incredibly lethargic throughout the day.
Excercise activates the bodies energy production system. So if you just go for a quick walk, do a few sit ups etc it will make you feel more energised and also produce feel good endorphins in the brain. Also taking a vitamin b supplement 1 hour before excercise will boost your metabolism.
I find it best to not think about doing it, but just do it and force yourself into it.
I hope this helps.
Take care.
Excellent way to handle things Paul. I know how hard it can be some days to do the most basic of tasks.
 

Angie

Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
#11
Hey Jack. Sorry I didnt see this sooner.

Two things come to mind. One is to set a timer for 10 minutes and do something, anything. Its how I have to handle tasks that have gotten too big in my brain. Its also good when I'm thinking nothing can help. I might pick up some crochet or knitting, coloring, or any small coping activity.

For me another thing is attending to the spiritual. Sometimes I'll just read a few of the Psalms or pray for a bit. I'm a firm believer that all humans have a God shaped vacuum or void or hole within them and that we feel better when attending to that. Of course this is highly personal and I mean no offense, just wanted to throw that out there.
 

Pearl12

Well-Known Member
#12
For me it's "known truths." No matter how depressed I am, no matter how much the depression talks, how much I want to give up, the following are always true:
- Good sleep, healthy food, and good cardio will help me feel better
- Texting my ex will not
- If I must, I can skip brushing, flossing, and face washing, but I cannot skip my meds
- I have to walk the dog

I swear there were more but that's what comes to mind.
 
#13
I’m really trying not to lose my shit, but I am in so much pain. I don’t know why. I do know that I want to hurt myself as if that would make things better. It won’t; chances are it would only make things worse.

I’m guessing that anyone here has felt this way, too. Is there anything that helps when filled with despair? I know, probably exercise or deep breathing, etc, and I don’t have the energy or motivation to do these things. I need to find some way to get myself up off the floor so I can start to work on self care. How do I get out of this?
By experiencing it fully..we can overcome it,I believe..I'm sorry you're filled with despair..Just rest and embrace it..let the healing happen..hugs....
 

Holding my breath

SF Pro
SF Supporter
#15
My life is feeling very fraught, each day filled with me running around trying to keep on top of everything. I’m just about managing to keep going but I have noticed a slump in my mood. The urges to OD or SH are high, probably the only thing stopping me is pure exhaustion with no energy to actually go ahead and do it. With urges like these, it’s difficult to keep my mind off the suggestions that keep popping into my head.
 

LumberJack

Huggy Bear 🐻 u r warned!
SF Supporter
#16
sorry you're struggling too, HMB - I met with a counselor today who asked me about my suicidal ideation and I was honest about it. He wanted to make sure I didn't have any of the supplies around that would go with the methods I had been thinking of. So getting rid of substances and implements (trying to avoid the no methods rule) that you would harm yourself with might be good. If possible, of course.
 
#17
My life is feeling very fraught, each day filled with me running around trying to keep on top of everything. I’m just about managing to keep going but I have noticed a slump in my mood. The urges to OD or SH are high, probably the only thing stopping me is pure exhaustion with no energy to actually go ahead and do it. With urges like these, it’s difficult to keep my mind off the suggestions that keep popping into my head.
I pray for this urges to end..and be okay now.
Hugsss.....*sadhug*sadhug
 
#20
I’m really trying not to lose my shit, but I am in so much pain. I don’t know why. I do know that I want to hurt myself as if that would make things better. It won’t; chances are it would only make things worse.

I’m guessing that anyone here has felt this way, too. Is there anything that helps when filled with despair? I know, probably exercise or deep breathing, etc, and I don’t have the energy or motivation to do these things. I need to find some way to get myself up off the floor so I can start to work on self care. How do I get out of this?
I try all those exercises and stuff not working for me
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top