How Are You Feeling Right Now?

LumberJack

I put on women’s clothing, and hang around in bars
Many don't seem to realize that calling themselves humble defeats the whole point of humility. Just BE humble; don't say it.
Haha I have a t-shirt from a group that I was part of in Phoenix that says “Ask us about our humility” in large letters on the back.

It’s a tongue in cheek joke about how we forget to be humble when we want to be recognized for our virtue.

From_Venus

I know it's a total nothingburger but someone made fun of my election prediction online and I feel pretty dejected about it. I'm pretty lonely too, my best friend has been offline for the last few days, my sister rarely ever reaches out to me and I struggle to connect with my parents. I wish more people liked me. Sometimes it feels like no one does :(

MisterBGone

✅ Dancer
SF Supporter
I know it's a total nothingburger but someone made fun of my election prediction online and I feel pretty dejected about it. I'm pretty lonely too, my best friend has been offline for the last few days, my sister rarely ever reaches out to me and I struggle to connect with my parents. I wish more people liked me. Sometimes it feels like no one does :(
Oh goodness, gracious - grief? @From_Venus : Don't go letting some body else's OPINION of such, have Any sort of BEARING at All~ over how you feel, think & etc. :) Ok? Who cares! That's why they can vote for themselves. Or not~ Lovely, isn't it? Anyway, time's too short, so is life too. So just let it go in one ear & out the other. And on to the next thought or thing. Ok? That they had to stoup down so low in order to undercut you like that, just goes to show how they are as if not people, then at least in the character-revealing department, at least in my opinion. We live in a free country, last time I checked! ;) I'm sure this person is well studied in the political sciences and could give us all a wonderful lecture. One in which I will be tuning out of, and trying to finally get some decent, and hopefully "peaceful," shut-eye. I can already hear the drowning out of his tones, and he drones--on & on & on & on and on and on and on................. :D

LumberJack

I put on women’s clothing, and hang around in bars
Many people are jerks online. More so than they would be IRL. Whoever it is most likely doesn't know anything about you, and so is unqualified to judge. One of the things I got out of CBT is "what others think about me is none of my business," in other words, we don't have to let other people control how we feel about ourselves. I doubt that this will help right now, but I have cultivated this skill over time. So I used to worry so much what others thought of me that I learned how to manipulate their opinions, which I call Image-management. I am still learning but I think it is possible, if not necessary, to have our happiness be completely independent of outside conditions. I have a long way to go in that journey, though.

Loneliness is endemic in many societies. This is just a thought, but maybe it would be possible to check in with your friend on the phone?

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
I am glad that you are with us where you can express as you want and know that you are valued you. This is a good place to have and know that others care about how you are doing and feeling.

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Annoyed with an ex. I was going to meet him for lunch as friends. He started texting that he couldn't wait to make love to me and I said I can't do that. He said it'll be our secret. I'm engaged and that's not something I want. I don't need that bullshit in my life.
It is sad to hear such. It fits that scenario of: If I must explain it, you will never get it.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
*hug*shake

From_Venus

Oh goodness, gracious - grief? @From_Venus : Don't go letting some body else's OPINION of such, have Any sort of BEARING at All~ over how you feel, think & etc. :) Ok? Who cares! That's why they can vote for themselves. Or not~ Lovely, isn't it? Anyway, time's too short, so is life too. So just let it go in one ear & out the other. And on to the next thought or thing. Ok? That they had to stoup down so low in order to undercut you like that, just goes to show how they are as if not people, then at least in the character-revealing department, at least in my opinion. We live in a free country, last time I checked! ;) I'm sure this person is well studied in the political sciences and could give us all a wonderful lecture. One in which I will be tuning out of, and trying to finally get some decent, and hopefully "peaceful," shut-eye. I can already hear the drowning out of his tones, and he drones--on & on & on & on and on and on and on................. :D

From_Venus

Many people are jerks online. More so than they would be IRL. Whoever it is most likely doesn't know anything about you, and so is unqualified to judge. One of the things I got out of CBT is "what others think about me is none of my business," in other words, we don't have to let other people control how we feel about ourselves. I doubt that this will help right now, but I have cultivated this skill over time. So I used to worry so much what others thought of me that I learned how to manipulate their opinions, which I call Image-management. I am still learning but I think it is possible, if not necessary, to have our happiness be completely independent of outside conditions. I have a long way to go in that journey, though.

Loneliness is endemic in many societies. This is just a thought, but maybe it would be possible to check in with your friend on the phone?
yep, will do, thanks :3

it was winter again this past week. I hear the wind howling, but it's supposed to warm up above freezing tomorrow. I can't sleep so I'm here. I used up my pain meds. I'm tired of needing them more than I get them. I can't find the naproxen, it doesn't do anything much anyway. I'm a complaining person tonight. I had a day of peace though, they are back now around midnight. The friend I had in the country I was going to move to did give me his lot number for address..... he just made such a big deal out of it. Took me 3 times to explain why I needed it and he added a rude comment.. I don't care. It was a dreamland thing. I googled what would happen to my govt assistance. Going off of it for a year isn't simple. They ask everything when you re apply and I could be denied. Not worth the risk. It took getting down to the real plan to make me realize what I was doing. I had bought a plane ticket since he was going to rent to me, now it's going to be a quick visit there in the much higher heat, mid 40's at times. I'll enjoy a cheap vacation, just walking along a beach is such a priviledge when we don't get that kind of weather and flowers and everything. I want to shut my brain off. There's many worse off people, I don't want to watch news anymore.

Survivorist

Black sheep of my family....
Useless, a failure, weak, always falling back.... I miss the word to describe. It does not exist. So down - wish I could disappear. Sorry for the mood swing, - made a huge error. When will all this end? I just hope soon.... FUKITOL....

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00