• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

How Are You Feeling Right Now?

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
Awake. The day could kick in at 9am, or anytime from 9-11am or it might not kick in at all. Depends if these people turn up. Kicking in could look very different for my nervous system depending on what happens. Then I will have a laugh with my pelvic floor physio, one of whose questions will be "how are your stress levels" - given I am nothing but a ball of stress at the moment.
Could I ask why you do pelvic floor exercises and what ones you do? If this is too personal there is no need to respond. TY
 

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
Could I ask why you do pelvic floor exercises and what ones you do? If this is too personal there is no need to respond. TY
It's no problem - I was "diagnosed" or at least pointed in direction of symptoms of pudendal neuralgia/chronic pelvic pain syndrome, caused by a mix of poor posture for years, back injury last year, and chronic stress (pelvic floor clamped around the nerves for all these reasons). I do things like cat camel, downward dog, adductor stretches, child pose, and there are also various other gentle exercises like hip rolls. I'm trying to incorporate new ones as I go along, to end up doing some kind of yoga routine. Whether I do any of these correctly is another matter, but there are a load of videos on youtube!
 

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
I feel sick now. These builders actually turned up. Had a look at the front and weren't that concerned about the front. Then I showed them the little bit of missing mortar at the back and they declared my 20 years existing window has no lintel in it and the wall is slowly collapsing. I have to laugh because my anxiety said something like this would happen, I tried to challenge the anxious thoughts and worries and stop catastrophising. But this is my life - I expect it to be bad, and it ends up being bad. I now expect a quote for £1000s that I can't afford. Or can't afford without ceasing to be able to manage to afford to live. So I can fix the house but then have to top myself anyway. Whichever way I look at it, this doesn't end well for me. Life really is shafting me. One thing after another and there is no way I can cope with what's already on the plate. Like I was holding up a 200kg weight, barely, struggling, arms shaking - and someone just adds another 100kg and says "deal with that!"
 
It's no problem - I was "diagnosed" or at least pointed in direction of symptoms of pudendal neuralgia/chronic pelvic pain syndrome, caused by a mix of poor posture for years, back injury last year, and chronic stress (pelvic floor clamped around the nerves for all these reasons). I do things like cat camel, downward dog, adductor stretches, child pose, and there are also various other gentle exercises like hip rolls. I'm trying to incorporate new ones as I go along, to end up doing some kind of yoga routine. Whether I do any of these correctly is another matter, but there are a load of videos on youtube!
I heard the pudendal as a consideration directed at me last week as a possible explanation for one of the issues I’m having. I’ve been having lower back pain for months thinking it was kidney stone related. But now back MRI is being asked for ……Three doctors with different opinions gets wearing. I do all that you mentioned above and have been doing those as opening movements in my daily yoga practice of about 5 decades. The only thing I suggest is from the above is not to do hip rolls if they are the same as I am visualizing the movement you do (rolling forward and backwards with your knees either hugged up to your abdomen or chest or hands flat on the floor). This can contribute to lower spinal issues even if not directly related to the pudendal nerve. I quit doing them last year and found a different gentler movement to replace that one. Just a thought. I’m confused as to why this development occurred for me as I formed good posture for myself in my 20’s and it is a natural thing for me to sit with spinal alignment all these years. But I also never sat in front of a computer or at a desk hunched over for years in a job setting….,
You just added info for me about chronic stress being a contributing factor. I’ll be looking into that in relation to the diagnosis so thank you,
I hope the videos help you find some further nice practices for yourself. Take care
 

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
I am seriously, seriously not OK. I have never wanted to die as much as I do right now. I just want it over. I will try to keep myself safe but right now all I can see is fucking problems with no solution. I feel like the walls are closing in, and I could fucking go to sleep and not have to deal with any of it. I feel like screaming and hitting the walls. Going to sleep sounds saner. Right now I can't think of anything more appealing as my mind and body are multiplying the problems. I would 100% be better off dead right now.
 
I am seriously, seriously not OK. I have never wanted to die as much as I do right now. I just want it over. I will try to keep myself safe but right now all I can see is fucking problems with no solution. I feel like the walls are closing in, and I could fucking go to sleep and not have to deal with any of it. I feel like screaming and hitting the walls. Going to sleep sounds saner. Right now I can't think of anything more appealing as my mind and body are multiplying the problems. I would 100% be better off dead right now.
*console*console*consoleKeeping you in my thoughts. Sleep well
 

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
It's no problem - I was "diagnosed" or at least pointed in direction of symptoms of pudendal neuralgia/chronic pelvic pain syndrome, caused by a mix of poor posture for years, back injury last year, and chronic stress (pelvic floor clamped around the nerves for all these reasons). I do things like cat camel, downward dog, adductor stretches, child pose, and there are also various other gentle exercises like hip rolls. I'm trying to incorporate new ones as I go along, to end up doing some kind of yoga routine. Whether I do any of these correctly is another matter, but there are a load of videos on youtube!
Thank you!
 

Windhover

meandering home
SF Supporter
Been in hospital since Friday 4pm.

I had either a TIA or a stroke. I will have an MRI this morning which should tell what happened.

Either way the dr says I dodged a bullet.

Will post when I know more.
*sadhugAngie I'm so sorry. Thank goodness you are still with us, and were taken in to hospital.
You are not alone. Best thoughts from me to you for healing, care and comfort

(h) 🩷
 
I think you're eligible for medicare, and you can get up to 20 free acupuncture treatments per year for lower back pain from medicare :)
Yes I have Medicare. And I have an amazing acupuncturist ….founder of the acupuncture school here in Houston. I didn’t know about the 20 free treatments annually! It hasn’t helped unfortunately for this situation. It might be pundendal in origin so we are going in that direction now….mri has to be done to satisfy all MDs involved….I am starting to improve with some interventions being offered…unfortunately mild pain pills are being used as well for the current time being. It’s ok, I just take them in the evening and natural products during the day along with myofascial massage….a massage therapist I’ve known for many years …a friend and he charges me on the cheap,lol☺️
Thank you for the support. I also use homeopathics👍🏼
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$15.00
Goal
$255.00
Top