I appreciate the thoughts. My wife was in heath care, and she told me nursing homes won't want you later if you have depression or anxiety as a diagnosis. So I just paid for private therapy, which was worthless. I tried alternative things, too. But I still just wish it was all over. I'm sorry I'm being such a mugwump. Was just curious if there was any other alternative. Maybe street drugs next. That might both alleviate pain temporarily and speed me toward my preferred destination.
Theyâll alleviate pain for a few weeks, then theyâll make things infinitely worse for years and years. They might get you to your destination, but you wonât like what they turn you into in the process.
Not to advocate suicide but just straightforwardly doing that will cause a lot less pain.
Not to make it about me, but to illustrate that what Iâm saying does not come from a place of ignorance; I am a former addict and my wife died from an overdose.
Frankly, based on the amount you spent, you did not give therapy nearly long enough. Maybe youâre right, maybe it is useless for you. But you have not been to enough therapists for enough time to know that yet.
Finding the right therapist, and learning to stick with it when progress is (often
very) slow, is part of the process.
Are whatever consequences youâre imagining (and yes, youâre imagining them) for being diagnosed as mentally ill really worse than literally dying?
To phrase it another way; tomorrow you might see someone who writes something down that people may or may not see years from now, and that they may or may not react to. Or you might get hit by a bus. Which would you prefer?
I really donât think fear of not getting into a good nursing home is holding you back. I think youâre making excuses because you think it wonât work.
Which it might not, Iâll grant that. But it might. Your fears are massively overblown, if insurance were paying for it youâd be able to go along with the process for a lot longer with less pressure to see results right away.
And trust me,
nobody hears âI went through a depression after my wife diedâ and is judgmental about it. Even the hardest meanest person in the world, the person least likely to listen to excuses, is going to be understanding about that.