1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to find inspiration

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Kathie Sunflower, Sep 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathie Sunflower

Kathie Sunflower Well-Known Member

I have always been a creative person with painting, writing (short stories or lyrics) etc, but in the past year I don't have any inspiration and when I try to write something, it's always the same and I don't really get new thoughts and impulses, also I don't have the energy to really start anything.
    Has anyone been in a similar situation and has an idea on how to get some inspiration again?
    Creating something is the only thing that would make me feel like having a purpose and I feel like I need it, just no idea how to get into it again.

2. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support SF Artist SF Supporter

Hi Kathie, I think every creative person goes through these periods, but they usually pass. Have you tried just painting....for the love of painting, ditto with writing. Kind of like priming the pump and getting the creativity to flow.
    I hope you get back in the groove my friend, good luck
    Brian

Kathie Sunflower likes this.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

This may sound stupid but could you find inspiration from your dreams/nightmares? I ask cos my emotions run wild when I'm asleep and thoughts of certain things remain non clouded and clear when I wake.

4. Kathie Sunflower

Thank you Brian!
    I have tried it, but somehow not getting into the groove again and losing motivation quickly.. I hope it does come back at some point.

Thank you Petal! That is actually a very good idea, I will try that.

Brian777 and Petal like this.
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

You are more than welcome, glad I could be of help.

6. Pixiebelle

Pixiebelle Well-Known Member

To unblock your creativity, you need to expand your horizons. Let’s say you are writing about children’s stories. Expanding is when you start to write about young adult or adults stories. Or romance to sci-fi. Open your mind to possibilities. Try fanfiction website for writing and deviant art for drawing/paint.

7. Kathie Sunflower

Thank you @Pixiebelle !
    Right now I have to find motivation to even start anything.. I will keep your suggestion in mind!

Pixiebelle likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.