How to live a productive life with schizophrenia without medication!!

pooky

You are valuable
Having schizophrenia and then living productively without medication is very much possible.I am medication free for five/six months.Though I struggle a lot with sleep, but I now can think clearly, feel I have lost some weight etc.
You just have to substitute the medications with sleep, exercise, diet, hobbies,positive thinking.I read a LOT about these stuffs and it's true - Recovery from any mental illness is possible without medication.I am the living proof of it.
READ A LOT about these stuff and then you can try to live a life full of sufficient sleep, exercise, diet, hobbies, positive thinking. You won't need medications ever because those five things act better than medications.READ A LOT about these and understand that recovery without medication is very much possible. I am now going to READ more about these so that I can improve myself even more.I am now a happy man. I have a job, genuine friends,a girlfriend.I feel happy, can think clearly..What else do I need?:)

MisterBGone

SF Supporter
We are extremely fortunate to have someone so generous to share their experience with this diagnosis. I think that it can serve as a helpful example to many, regardless of their illness. You express yourself so eloquently and effortlessly - or so it seems to us, the readers- we are just lucky to have your willingness to share hope and ultimately, success. You should be commended & feel tremendous over your achievements. For me, i think it's is primarily dealing with adversity (or learning to deal with setbacks and etc). Anyway, just wanted to pass along my congratulations and keep going!

pooky

You are valuable
I have a rare disorder due to taking heavy doses of multiple medications(12-15 every day) for a long time from 2005-2008- Tardive dyskinesia. The meds after 2008 were reduced a lot in number(2-3) and in doses(least doses were prescribed to me). I had changed my doc after 2008 and it did the trick!:D
I don't mention it because it does not bother me much and I am not even fully aware of all its symptoms.Good for me!:D
I am now productive without any medications. I can now think clearly, have lost some weight,can communicate well, and most importantly don't feel suicidal.When I used to take medications I felt suicidal almost every day. Now for the past five or six months there is no such tendency.I am a happy and confident man!:D

justrob

Keep on keeping on.
I am g
I have a rare disorder due to taking heavy doses of multiple medications(12-15 every day) for a long time from 2005-2008- Tardive dyskinesia. The meds after 2008 were reduced a lot in number(2-3) and in doses(least doses were prescribed to me). I had changed my doc after 2008 and it did the trick!:D
I don't mention it because it does not bother me much and I am not even fully aware of all its symptoms.Good for me!:D
I am now productive without any medications. I can now think clearly, have lost some weight,can communicate well, and most importantly don't feel suicidal.When I used to take medications I felt suicidal almost every day. Now for the past five or six months there is no such tendency.I am a happy and confident man!:D
I am glad to hear you are happy and healthy, my friend.

pooky

You are valuable
Hi all,

One thing that is helping me to deal with sleep disorder is that I am keeping myself BUSY throughout the day. I walk a lot, do household chores,and I have a full time job and I am planning to start my own business. By doing all these I can automatically sleep well at night and that is what I am experiencing. Life is beautiful!:D

Ananda

You really are a good and kind person..Im not entirely schizophrenic bit I have a bit symptoms...you are inspiring...thank you very much pooky for the time to share your story...you are inspirational.. :)

pooky

You are valuable
Well , right now I got another job offer as an operating executive. There was a preliminary round of interview over the phone for 5 minutes and I am selected for the final round of interview tomorrow. I am already working (I have ample freedom in my present job) but I need something more challenging for my personal growth.I have several other GOOD job offers in my hand... I am getting too much opportunity now in the field of career. Life is fun!!
I like to WORK INSANELY HARD!:D:D:D
I know I will become a successful entrepreneur in the future - maybe after 10 years..I am already working on my present job and putting the ideas into execution (I am in the theory stage:D- this is for starting my own business in the future)Lucky, for me I have the freedom to do any job that I like...:)

pooky

You are valuable
This is my favorite quote and I am living it for a better health, happiness and success. I need everything and I am on the right track!!:)

pooky

You are valuable
This Saturday I will take a day off from work and go out with my girlfriend. We will have fun!!:p And on Sunday I will hang out with my male friends and have more fun.:D Then work again and from 27th till 30th I will take a vacation with my father which is blessing:)
Life is beautiful and I am self-motivated. My life goal is- be content:)

You all are awesome and amazing. I love you all. You people on this forum are my true friends. You all inspire me a lot more than I can express myself.You all are the best:)I have more faith in you people in this forum than people in real life.

Let us all heal together and have unshakable faith in GOD. Good things will happen to good people in the long run - I promise

Blake9

Of course, someone can have a healthy and decent life with schizophrenia without and with medication. Some, like you, can live without but others need it and it doesn't mean they can not live either. Of course they can! It is a long battle against many negative and disturbing symptons but It's possible when your spirit is really strong and you want your life back. Learning about our own mind helps a lot. Learning how to control negative thoughts and learning to think positively about the things. Changing old thoughts enough stuck for years. It is a stigmated illness but they are not crazy people that go around the world killing people like media used to tell. Those are few.
Congratulations about your progress :)

pooky

You are valuable
@Blake9 - Thank you for your kind words. Yes, it is true like you said that some people need medication and some don't dealing with such illness. We all must learn to minimize the negative thoughts in our mind by substituting with positive thoughts. Your words are true, Blake9.
You all people on this forum are awesome , amazing and wonderful people. I love you all. You all are my true friends.
I work hard and I am progressing in life. Thank you all for your support. You all are the best.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00