I failed at being a human

NRW24

I failed at being a human.

I can't get a job, a girlfriend, I don't have friends even.

My life is empty. I have done nothing in these 25 years of existence.

Sooner rather than later I will commit suicide. It can't come soon enough.

Tomorrow I have my first therapy session. And it will be my last. I don't even deserve it.

Freyja

Not staff. Freyja with a j.
SF Supporter
What do you think the human experience is about?
Also, why do you think you can't get the things your aspire to?

Tell us how your therapy went. It's important. I hope you go there with the appropriate mindset, with a will to get better :)

Take care, and be kind to yourself.

Freyja

Not staff. Freyja with a j.
SF Supporter
*hug

Society is cruel, it sells us a "perfect" life, and if we don't have it at a certain age, we're a failure. And that age is smaller and smaller, leading to midlife crises at younger ages. You are not responsible for that feeling, and real young human beings don't have all those things. I don't know anyone who does. The perfect life is a lie...

Now one step at a time, it is possible to identify our true desires, to find ways to reach them, to do what you want, to meet people you enjoy spending time with... It is a lifetime endeavor. And everyone needs some help when it gets harder.

Lara_C

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I failed at being a human.

I can't get a job, a girlfriend, I don't have friends even.

My life is empty. I have done nothing in these 25 years of existence.

Sooner rather than later I will commit suicide. It can't come soon enough.

Tomorrow I have my first therapy session. And it will be my last. I don't even deserve it.
At 25 years old, you've hardly begun to live so its way too premature to judge success or failure. The standards you are judging yourself as a failure by would probably make most of the human race a failure in one way or another, but you can never fail in your basic humanity. There is inborn goodness within you as your very humanity and you are greater than you realize at present.

You are capable of empathy, kindness and compassion for your fellow humans and a kind heart is of great value to humanity. At the end of your life do you want to remember all your money and possessions, or do you want to remember the good you have done to your fellow humans, the happiness you brought to their lives?

TragicTypos

It's okay. *hugs*

I'm 27 and I wash dishes. I work as a janitor and kitchen assistant.

I think we live in a very harsh world. You don't need a job or a gf to be successful or whatever.

You are worthy because you are unique and you. Sounds corny, but you don't need to prove anything to anyone.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00