Jim's Bird Cafe - Thurs.Apr.29/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
Thanks for the tags @JMG and @Kiwi2016 :)

1. Do you like birds? If yes, what is your fave kind? And if no, why?
They're okay. I'm not sure I have a favourite. There's a few I like for different reasons - chickens because they're useful, robins because they're friendly, flamingos because they look cool and hummingbirds because they're so cute.

2. If you could be any bird you wanted, which one would you want to be?
I would be a seagull so I could swoop down and scare children by stealing their picnics *evil laugh*

3. Do you like watching/looking at birds?
Sometimes, but I wouldn't want to spend hours doing it.

4. If you were transformed into a bird, where would you fly to first?
Singapore to see my brother.

5. Not really a question so much as just a say whatever you want kind of thing. Can be about birds, or about whatever else you want to talk about. Or if you want to post some pix (of birds or anything else you want) that's fine too! ;) :)
I used to keep pet chickens up until a few years ago. My favourite one was called Flossie, she was a Lavender Splash Orpington and she was so cuddly. If I left the back door open she'd come in and make herself at home on the sofa. I even found her upstairs on my bed one time *hysterical
I don't have a photo of her on my phone but she was like this one..
003eca8918b5942e5d832539ae142546.jpg

pooky

You are valuable
Hi all .
Thank you @JMG for opening the cafe . Thank you @Kiwi2016 for the tag

Do you like birds? If yes, what is your fave kind? And if no, why?
I
like birds. My fave kind is parrot, flamingo
2. If you could be any bird you wanted, which one would you want to be? peacock, for sure
yes I do like looking at birds. Whenever a house sparrow visits the home, I watch it with awe
Probably to a beach, lol

Join us @britishbloke @Lane @Sunspots @LonelyHiker @Blue Star @foreverforgotten @Inya @Aurelia @Bergerac @may71

Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Thanks for the Cafe and the Tag @JMG :)
Questions:

5. Not really a question so much as just a say whatever you want kind of thing. Can be about birds, or about whatever else you want to talk about. Or if you want to post some pix (of birds or anything else you want) that's fine too! ;):)
1) I do, but not enough to have a favourite, if pressed to say which I like most out of the limited common ones I know, the Hummingbird.
2) A Great Horned Owl would be good.
3) Yea, they are pretty, but again, not enough to go LOOKING for them, especially since we mostly get fat pigeons in London
4) America, definitely. I would take up roost somewhere near Donald Trump, and make sure EVERY dump I make lands on his car :P THAT would entertain me for a while.
5) Flight isnt a freedom thing, it is actually quite inefficient, it is a defence mechanism. Though out the world, on isolated islands where there are no ground predators to pray on the birds, they very quickly lose their ability to fly, since it is simply no longer needed.

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
Thanks for the tag @JMG and @pooky
1. Do you like birds? If yes, what is your fave kind? And if no, why? I like birds. This may sound weird, but honestly, I'm a big fan of pigeons
1619720853747.png
(I was too lazy to edit the meme to be about pigeons, but imagine that it is ;)
Probably a penguin. Seems fun. Though I'd also like to fly, so maybe not.
Yeah, it's pretty cool.
I wanna go to Canada, kinda just for the hell of it.
5. Not really a question so much as just a say whatever you want kind of thing. Can be about birds, or about whatever else you want to talk about. Or if you want to post some pix (of birds or anything else you want) that's fine too! ;)

Here's a pretty pink-necked green pigeon.
1619721223151.png

JMG

~ Peace and love to all ~
As you can tell, I hate birds, I had one growing up and I still have the emotional scars
Hey, thanks for replying despite hating the topic for today lol. Sorry you have bad memories of birds, that sucks.
Feel free to pretend the q's are asking about an animal or thing you DO like & answer them that way, if you want or are bored or something lol ;) Otherwise thanks again for coming in, good to see you & hope you have a nice day :) ;) *hug*hug
PS - Ty to everyone else who's replied here too, love all the pix & replies! :)

Witty_Sarcasm

๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿฆœ๐Ÿง๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒ๐Ÿ’–
SF Supporter
1. Do you like birds? If yes, what is your fave kind? And if no, why? Yes, they are pretty great. I think I'm partial to parakeets since I've had 3 of them.
2. If you could be any bird you wanted, which one would you want to be? Maybe a parrot so I could say annoying things to people. lol
3. Do you like watching/looking at birds? Yes, it's fun to watch them and see what they do. And I like to watch talking birds on YouTube.
4. If you were transformed into a bird, where would you fly to first? Probably a tropical area.
5. Not really a question so much as just a say whatever you want kind of thing. Can be about birds, or about whatever else you want to talk about. Or if you want to post some pix (of birds or anything else you want) that's fine too! ;) :)

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Hey everyone, hope you are all well. :)
Just thought I'd post another extremely popular cafe (lol) so here it is then.

Today's theme: BIRDS

Here's some facts and questions about them. Will post some pix too in a separate post. Hope everyone has a nice day :);) :p *hug*hug

Interesting bird facts:

- Most common bird in the world is the domestic chicken
- Rarest bird is the Stresemann's Bristlefront
- There are over 10000 species of birds in the world
- A group of owls is called a parliament
- The country with the most birds is Colombia
- The country with the most beautiful birds (supposedly, matter of opinion ultimately of course) is Costa Rica
- The most beautiful bird in the world (according to google anyway) is the Bohemian Waxwing.
- Ostriches are one of the oldest bird species on earth

Questions:

5. Not really a question so much as just a say whatever you want kind of thing. Can be about birds, or about whatever else you want to talk about. Or if you want to post some pix (of birds or anything else you want) that's fine too! ;):)

Some tags (more to come) : @1964dodge @Kiwi2016 @KM76710 @Kira @Zinnia @Auri @Road to Nowhere @Baywasp
thank you for opening the cafe and inviting me @JMG

1. do i like birds : yes they taste good, i love turkeys and chicken. i also like pet birds we have a parakeet and 2 parrotlets . i also love hearing the birds outside.

2. be any bird : some type of eagle or hawk. it's better to be the predator than the prey.

3. like watching birds : yes i think they are fastinating both pets and wild birds.

4. transformed to a bird : i'd fly to an island with lots of food, little predators, and no humans.

mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$130.00
Goal
$255.00