Jim's Cafe - 01/05/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
coollogo_com-90931318.png
Ladies and gentlemen, I'm afraid I am not going to be able to put in the normal effort I do for Jim's Cafe, as this is more of a whim thing, I see there is no cafe, and I'm in a WEIRD conflicted mood and on my 2nd bottle... of Gin... so I just figured... CAFE TIME! *dunno
Today we celebrate Fun Day, Tell a Lie Day, One Cent Day, Reading is Funny Day, and Sourdough Bread Day, oh, and lets throw in Straw Hat Month and Garden Month.

Fun Facts
1) F. D. Chester Willard has been published multiple times in the field of Physics, co-authoring multiple papers and being credited for contributions to dozens more, even signed copies of his work has been handed out at events. Oh, and small fun fact, Chester, is a cat. His owner accidently used "We" instead of "I" in a paper he was writing and couldn't be bothered to change it so shared credit with his cat under the name "Felix Domesticus Chester Willard. or "F. D. C. Willard" to make "we" appropriate. This was so amusing to others in his field that copies of his paper bearing his cat's paw print were sold, and many physicists also credited his cat for contributions to their work.
2) A standard Chef's hat has PRECICELY 100 pleats.. for some reason.
3) Queen Elizabeth II, the longest standing monarch in UK history, is also a trained mechanic.
4) Both high heels, and the colour pink were originally worn by men and thought to be manly before women took them as their own.
5) Black Sapote is a fruit which, under the skin, has the taste, colour and consistency of chocolate pudding when ripe.

Fun Table
Yes people in honour of "Fun Day" we shall have a table devoted to Fun!
1) What is the most fun thing you ever did
2) What do you like to do for fun when you have the chance?
3) What is your sense of humour, tell us something you find funny.
4) What do you find fun that most probably wouldn't? (like jigsaw puzzles or organising your CD collection)
5) What did you find fun that you never thought you would until you tried it?

Liars Table
A table for all the lies we tell
1) What is your favourite white lie?
2) What lie do you see people say all the time that pisses you off?
3) What is a lie you like to hide behind?
4) What lie that others tell do you think EVERYONE sees through?
5) What lie do you think is ESSENTIAL for people to get along?

Escape Table
Don't you wish you could just escape sometimes and live a simple life in the countryside tending your garden wearing a straw hat and jeans?
1) Do YOU want a straw hat? Would you wear it?
2) Do you like Gardening?
3) Have you ever visited a beautiful public garden? How did you feel?
4) Have you ever tried growing vegetables?
5) Have you ever sat under a tree and simply enjoyed nature?

The Bar
A place for all those who want to say hi, but dont want to get involved with the tables.
1) Say Hello
2) Say whatever is on your mind.

Recruitment Desk

Do you want to post a Cafe? Type "I VOLUNTEER" In your best and largest letters :D

@Harrow @Auri @Dinolaur @bubblebear @arbitrarybarry @1964dodge @Dycorp @HappyKitty

HappyKitty

Works during the day, doodles at night.
haii 😺

Fun Table
Yes people in honour of "Fun Day" we shall have a table devoted to Fun!
Hanging out with friends.

Doing relaxing things and going my own pace.

Sarcasm. I just like to annoy people for fun okay. 😂

4) What do you find fun that most probably wouldn't? (like jigsaw puzzles or organising your CD collection)
Going therapy lol.

Exercising.

Liars Table
A table for all the lies we tell
When people apologises that they didn’t mean.

I’m so glad you ask this. Whenever people half assessed chat, they say they would want to reply but whenever I give long text cause I’m expressing myself to anyone who asked, they stopped replying. I can’t force them if they’re not in the right headspace though but thats gonna be losing my trust. Also, one of the reason I scared my big sister off or anyone whenever I get seriously quiet, can you blame me if I don’t go anything to you like I don’t want to do anything with you after all this ?!

I don’t have lies. I am legit always honest to people, sometimes too honest I can come off as devious lol.

When they give me false high hopes.

When your love ones had to lie for you to protect you.

The Bar
A place for all those who want to say hi, but dont want to get involved with the tables.
1) Say Hello
2) Say whatever is on your mind.

Hello ya’ll. So blessed about this morning, watching today’s sunrise, listening to birds chirping with my kitties this early morning at 6.50am 🥰🌤

BB6131BD-5D9D-4A8E-A293-A53931D2E7E6.jpeg

Last edited:

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Hiya :) Thank you for opening and tagging me. *hug
Hope everyone's got a BEAUTIFUL weekend! *stars

Fun Table
Probably that boat trip from Stockholm to Helsinki. Both nights were priceless.

Concerts, festivals and traveling. Board games or drinks with friends, too.

I like practically any sense of humour, with a few exceptions. About my own sense of humour, I am either involuntarily funny just by being my weird self around people I know very well (self-derision?) ... or sarcasm/teasing. The latter isn't always understood or appreciated though, so I gotta be careful.

Cleaning or organising things with my music on. This includes doing the dishes in particular.

Concerts. Yes, really. ^^

Liars Table
Favourite? I don't think I ever enjoy lying. The one I say the most is probably the answer to "how are you?".

When people lie about their feelings but they expect you to guess, and they use it later on against you. I lie about my feelings, but that's my own responsibility and you'll never hear me being disappointed or complaining about others not "guessing".

Also, hypocrisy in general.

Hiding is my nature, my whole personality, so
*hiding

I'm not sure there are any that EVERYONE sees through. But one I find hilarious is when people claim to have an IQ of [insert high number]. If you do, how smart is it to tell people?

If you dislike someone but want to get along, it's probably best not to tell them how you feel about them.

Escape Table
1) Do YOU want a straw hat? Would you wear it?
I have one, but only use it on the beach sometimes.

2) Do you like Gardening?
I think I would enjoy it if I had the chance to do/learn it.

3) Have you ever visited a beautiful public garden? How did you feel?
Yes, quite a few. Usually feeling peaceful and enthusiastic.

4) Have you ever tried growing vegetables?
Nope.

5) Have you ever sat under a tree and simply enjoyed nature?
Many times, it's one of the best activities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$225.00
Goal
$255.00