Jim's Cafe - 12th April 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I miss my hamsters. All of them, except the one that was a miniature furry demon.

1) Have you ever eaten a meal at you desk? Why and what was it?
I used to eat lunch at my desk every day. I couldn't face being the only one sitting alone in the lunch room at work.

2) Do you like Liquorice, and if so... WHY??
No

3) What is your guilty pleasure food?
Chocolate, or ice cream, or pizza.

4) What do you eat when youre trying to be good?
Broccoli. I hate it, but I eat it.

5) What food can you simply not understand that ANYONE could like it?
Snails

Sad Elf

Hi, Thanks for the tag @Dante .

Love the hamster facts. I have a Hamster, his name is Winston. He isn't too keen on coming out but will tolerate me stroking him as long as I also give him food, which seems a fair exchange !!

Ok, so yes I normally eat lunch at my desk, I really shouldn't but..
Yes I like liquorice, but only plain not the flavoured stuff.
Guilty pleasure ... Chocolate, and or ice cream.
Cauliflower or broccoli if I am being good.
Prawns can't understand how anyone could eat them.

Just tried to tempt Winston into a picture, but he was having none of it !!!

Holding my breath

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Good news is, there is a call to establish an emergency hotline for suicides in my country with many informative articles on different mental illnesses to raise public awareness. The bureaucracy and focus of this country means it would take a while, but good news nonetheless.

Bad news is, I need something like that right now. Somehow, I bought a method and place it inside my bedroom.

Are hamster and guinea pig the same?

The Hopes-if-there-are Table
What have you missed most during all these lockdowns and panics? - Public events
What are you most looking forward to when the world returns to normal? - Getting a passport
Who is the first person you plan to see that you couldn't so far, when you get a chance? - A therapist/psychiatrist
What are the wildest or most daring plans you have made for when all this blows over and we can cut loose again?
- Moving elsewhere for a bit of peace (within my country) and traveling abroad for a decent therapist/psychiatrist. I'm thinking of Singapore, where there is a branch of the Samaritans.

What have you been doing to keep yourself sane whilst stuck at home and do you intend to continue it when you earn you freedom again?
- Casually logging in to this forum and posting random stuffs.

The Fud Table
Have you ever eaten a meal at you desk? Why and what was it?
- Rarely, I guess I only have a meal by my desk when my work is really close to deadline. It's not fun to see ants and flies gathering around my desk.

Do you like Liquorice, and if so... WHY?? - I don't remember.
What is your guilty pleasure food? - Cream cheese bread and chocolates.
What do you eat when youre trying to be good?
- I don't really understand what is "trying to be good". Based on others' answers, it seems to be about vegetables and fruits. I still don't know how to answer this.

What food can you simply not understand that ANYONE could like it?
- Beer. It tastes utterly bitter to me. The coldness does nothing when the heat shows up that makes my body redder, my mind foggier, and overall sleepier.

Somehow, manliness is measured by the ability of chugging bottles of such beverage while maintaining sanity.

The Just-Do-It Table
What question does no one ever ask you, and what's the answer?
- Is everything alright? I mean, are you okay? Do you need someone to listen? It's just you don't sound fine when you say "fine".
+ The thing is I've been wanting to kill myself for the about 2 and a half years. I talked but no one listened. I'm glad you asked.

What question do you wish people would stop asking you and what's the answer?
- What is that kind of attitude? Why do you have to be so weird? Why can't you be like others, like your friends, ... ?
+ I don't know. What will you do when you cannot get rid of your desire to suicide? I am me. I cannot simply be others.

What's the strangest question you have ever been asked and what's the answer?
- Who are you?
+ I don't know. I'll come back to you when I can figure out how to answer that.
(I have a bit of trouble answering such a simple question. I know. Why do you think I have a cat avatar and a fake name?)

The Flow
Say Hello - Hello
What do you want to tell us? - Who am I again?

Recruitment Table
If you plan to do a Cafe tomorrow, please feel free to say "I Volunteer" in huge writing to set an example and let anyone else know so you dont double-post (I did it once and it was awkward).
- I know. It's a bit strange to have 2 threads of the same day. I'm from a different timezone so it's hard to know if someone has made a Jim's Cafe thread. Maybe one day.

Tags
@may71 @Young Kelvin @seeking connection @VioletDawn @Gonz
I hope you are able to get rid of your method, or lock it away and give the key to someone to look after. Having it there is too tempting and we all want you to stay safe. Keep talking to us. *hug*hug

To answer your question about hamsters and guinea pigs, they are different. Hamsters are much smaller, they’re rodents and live around 2 years if you are lucky. Guinea pigs are not rodents but are cavy’s and related to capybaras. I had one that lived to 8 years once but that’s rare. Guinea pigs are so much nicer pets than hamsters.
Guinea pig:
E33E5B67-2D87-497D-B9F8-D7107A6AF222.jpeg

Hamster:
06C401D7-EC2D-4AB8-8738-E1FD28FACB05.jpeg

Catch_22

The Food Table
With Deskfast day, Liquorice Day, AND Grilled Cheese Sandwhich day all at once, I couldnt not have a food table.
1) Have you ever eaten a meal at you desk? Why and what was it? Of COURSE. I cannot possibly name every meal ever eaten at them, @Dante lol
2) Do you like Liquorice, and if so... WHY?? Ooh this is the BEST question. I LOVE red licorice. I have NO idea!! Lol. I have always liked it since I was little..and I like it to an extreme. People used to have to tell me to stop eating twizzlers pull and peel because I would eat the entire bag and apparently excessive sugar made me mad. So, I had to cut down. A lot. Ha. I love all licorice. I'm not as big a fan of black, but I like it tiny amounts. Make it sour, make it peel, I'm going to eat it. 😜
3) What is your guilty pleasure food? Fried Chicken I'm very unhappy about my love for it and bacon. However I will not eat bacon and when trauma is fixed, chicken will be out the window again for good.
4) What do you eat when youre trying to be good? Very healthy and balanced, colorful food with a little indulgence. I like food so much and the more unique flavorful and creative the better. I love food from all over the world, but I mostly eat Mexican, Indian and Italian food NOM NOM but as I write that I get hungry for Vietnamese, Mediterranean and American grilled cheese (with tomatoes and avocado!!) Now I'm hungry. Mostly vegetables, cheese grains/seeds, nuts/beans and tofu/fish and herbal/green/white tea and nut milk the rest of the time.
5) What food can you simply not understand that ANYONE could like it? Cilantro (tho I have read and scientifically get it, I cannot taste bud get it) avocados, cinnamon toast and water. How the f are there people that don't like water?! Stumps me. Endlessly stumps me. I LIVE for water, best beverage EVER.

The DIY Table
What, you want me to think of everything? This is a self-serve table, find your own questions and answer them!
1) What question does no one ever ask you, and what's the answer? In person, no one asks all of us how we are. Like most of my life and they don't want a real answer.
2) What question do you wish people would stop asking you and what's the answer? A passing, Where are you from. I have no idea how to answer really. Do you want to know where I was born, where I feel most close too, where I moved around too, what my heritage is or where I live currently? It's fine in context to an actual conversation, but someone who is talking to you for five minutes or whatever, it sucks. Confusing stressful question. I know I'm weird.
3) What's the strangest question you have ever been asked and what's the answer?
People ask preacher's kids weird questions and have some off-putting assumptions. This is the most bizarre and unsettling, I can recall. You really also needed to see her face while asking and feel her energy.
Strange woman says to me once, "You are the anointed one, aren't you?" (Comes towards me wanting to touch me)

Noooo.... (Side-eyes and makes excuse for quick exit in-between panic and discomfort) what is that that and why do you think this?! (As I do not want the answer really..) 😰🏃..🏃

Thanks for the tag @Dante
@Velveteen Bunny

Now I'm gonna go eat a bunch of food and get some licorice!

Catch_22

@JMG
5) What have you been doing to keep yourself sane whilst stuck at home and do you intend to continue it when you earn you freedom again?
Reading, trying and pretty much failing utterly miserably to form some serious, meaningful bonds with people online (that has NOT helped me stay sane though lemme tell ya, quite the opposite which is why I think it's safe to say I'm utterly done with that nonsense already!!!!) and just taking things one day at a time. After how things have been for me over the past few years it kinda feels like I can survive anything now so I will find a way to survive this too no matter how much more misery and suffering I'll have to feel for the rest of my life.

I struggle with online bonds too, just want you to know you aren't alone.

Last edited:

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Hello everyone. :) Pretty late to this one, I've had a couple of challenging days. I've kept some of my answers in a draft, so here they are. :)

The Food Table
1) Have you ever eaten a meal at your desk? Why and what was it?
I eat most of my meals at my desk, always have, because I don't like spending more time in the living room than necessary.

2) Do you like Liquorice, and if so... WHY??
Not so much, but the Finnish Salmiakki chocolate is not bad.

3) What is your guilty pleasure food?
Chocolate for sure, and ice cream in the Summer.

4) What do you eat when you're trying to be good?
When I'm REALLY trying, only cooked food and more greens.

5) What food can you simply not understand that ANYONE could like it?
Oysters or escargots and other eww things like that. Also, pineapple on pizza. *wacko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00