Jim's Cafe 14 Feb 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
Thanks @Aurelia *hug

There's too many to mention, but to everyone already mentioned I'd like to add @JDot and @extraterrestrialone for their openness, gentleness, and amazing humor! They always make me feel good.

It's made me appreciate the value of cooperativeness rather than competitiveness. Everyone has a gift which adds to our collective strength as a community - even just asking for help brings out the best in those who respond.
*Blushes quite profusely* and can only think thank you @Lara_C and so many for some amazing conversation and for those posters of creativity particularly that which is art and poetry by people here who keep enriching the world for everyone and especially so abundantly coming from @Raven .

Livelife

SF Supporter
Thank you for the tag @1964dodge.
The oldest car I owned was my first..a 1961 impala. I had it for 3 months. My favorite oldest cars were my 1968 GT6 Triumph 4 speed, learned to drive standard in it....
then my 1972 Chevy Nova that I learned to work on cars on...That was some car.
I love old cars, the 60's and early 70's have no match.

Livelife

SF Supporter
Thanks for opening @Lilmeowmeow and for the invite @1964dodge :)

1. There are just far too many for me to be able to single out one person.

2. SF has been a lifeline for me. It's given me understanding and empathy when it felt like the world didn't get me (or I didn't get the world). It's given me a totally safe space to talk and support to understand my thoughts. But most of all it's given me friendship.

3. A 1971 Triumph Spitfire Mark IV. It was off the road far more than it was on it but we had some fun times.
View attachment 30371
@Sunspots*hi5 In the 70's I had a '68 GT6!! What an amazing car, there wasn't a backroad it didn't know!

RCee

There is quite a few of us having a hard time today and not just because it’s Valentine’s Day!

you are worthy!
You have validity!
You are not invisible!
You make lasting imprints in others lives even tho not always knowing so!

this is a shout out to all who feel they could just disappear and no one will notice! People notice even if you just had a slight interaction with someone! Unfortunately we never know and sometimes never get a chance to be told how positively we have effected other and in what way! I am here to say you do! And have!
How do I know? Because there are people out there that I think of all the time even our slightest interactions made a huge impact on me! And if those people are going thru hard time themselves I hope they realize I remember you you matter I will always remember ! Be kind to yourselves my SF friends!!

BADDC791-4B89-4268-9A35-AF54ABB87685.jpeg

Livelife

SF Supporter
There is quite a few of us having a hard time today and not just because it’s Valentine’s Day!

you are worthy!
You have validity!
You are not invisible!

this is a shout out to all who feel they could just disappear and no one will notice! People notice even if you just had a slight interaction with someone! Unfortunately we never know and sometimes never get a chance to be told how positively we have effected other and in what way! I am here to say you do! And have!
How do I know? Because there are people out there that I think of all the time even our slightest interactions made a huge impact on me! And if those people are going thru hard time themselves I hope they realize I remember you you matter I will always remember ! Be kind to yourselves my SF friends!!

View attachment 30396
What really nice things said here RCee. Made me smile so thank you.

Ineluki

The Storm King
Safety & Support
SF Supporter

you are worthy!
You have validity!
You are not invisible!

View attachment 30396
*hug

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Thanks for opening @Lilmeowmeow and for the invite @1964dodge :)

1. There are just far too many for me to be able to single out one person.

2. SF has been a lifeline for me. It's given me understanding and empathy when it felt like the world didn't get me (or I didn't get the world). It's given me a totally safe space to talk and support to understand my thoughts. But most of all it's given me friendship.

3. A 1971 Triumph Spitfire Mark IV. It was off the road far more than it was on it but we had some fun times.
View attachment 30371
that is a beautiful car and i'm sure fun to drive..mike...*hug

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
1. can you name a person that makes a difference on SF and goes beyond regular posting on SF. of course we could name many so name one at a time and please note we can't add everyone we know lol

@1964dodge is the epitome of what it means to be selfless, kind, compassionate. I want to thank you for your dedication and the support you have given all of us, especially during the times when you weren't feeling good yourself. You really have taught me how to be a better person.

2. what has SF done for you

It saved my life.

3. what is the oldest car you ever owned and what was it.

1966 Lincoln Continental
thank you and a 66 Lincoln is a great car. did it come with the big block 460 engine? gorgeous-classic-1966-lincoln-continental-suicide-doors-1.jpg

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Good morning everyone! I see the cafe is in full swing but I wanted to bring a few cakes to share.

View attachment 30381

View attachment 30382

View attachment 30383

One member I wanted to mention is @RCee. She always makes me laugh and that has been so important to me.

SF has given me a good sounding board as I went from being completely "out there" emotionally and slowly worked my way toward some kind of stability in my life. It is nice to know that I can post my feelings here and people will listen.

Oldest car I ever owned was a 1976 Mustang.
cute little car came with 4 or 6 cylinder and some variations a 5 litre 8 cylinder...mike...*hug 1976-ford-mustang-ii.jpg

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
1. There are a lot of people who make an impact at SF. Some of the first names that come to mind are @Auri and @Lara_C .

2. SF gave me friends who truly understood where I was coming from. And it gave me a place where I can share my feelings without being judged.

3. My oldest car was a 93 Toyota Camry
Camrys in the 80s and 90s were good reliable cars with comfort in mind...mike 1993-toyota-camry-frontside_tocamdlxsed921.jpg

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Thank you for the tag @1964dodge.
The oldest car I owned was my first..a 1961 impala. I had it for 3 months. My favorite oldest cars were my 1968 GT6 Triumph 4 speed, learned to drive standard in it....
then my 1972 Chevy Nova that I learned to work on cars on...That was some car.
I love old cars, the 60's and early 70's have no match.
good picks for cars I had a 67 impala once...mike...*hug impala.jpg maxresdefault.jpg IMG_0828-2-e1513642504503-940x734.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00