Jim's cafe 14th July 2016

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Petal, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Good morning folks!!
    How are you all on this fine day? :)
    I'm feeling super positive today and I am not even sure why lol! Getting my hair dyed soon, getting eyelashes tinted and eyebrows done, yes I deserve a little pampering :p Treating myself after the god awful day I had yesterday, a panic attack in public is not fun.
    Does anyone have any exciting plans for the day?

2. iam

iam SF Supporter

I'm working on stealing that yacht:):D

calvinandhobbs and Petal like this.
  3. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

I was gonna do some gardening, but after whats just happened, that can go fuck itself today.

calvinandhobbs likes this.
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Oh dear, what has happened?

5. __d

__d Active Member

I will meet my friend to help her prepare for an exam. Then I will attend a support group. For now, I keep an eye on here, and I am trying to find a quote in a 500-page book! Said no to university today. Will also try to figure out life plan more clearly (for the seven-thousand-four-hundred-and-fifty-first time).
    Oh, and right right now I open my wings and fly around the world and hug you all and ...
    am back.
    Have a good day

calvinandhobbs and iam like this.
  6. iam

iam SF Supporter

You have a good day too. Hugs

calvinandhobbs and __d like this.
  7. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Morning all. I have anxiety group later today. It is hot and humid here today.

calvinandhobbs and iam like this.
  8. iam

iam SF Supporter

Have a good day. Hug

9. SinisterKid

Is it anxiety management? I have been doing that for some time now. Just wondered how you were finding it, if thats what it is.

10. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

So far it's going okay. I've learned about different thoughts involved in anxiety like the worrier and the critic.

11. SinisterKid

Ahhh, the critic, my best mate, was kinda odd finding out just how self critical I actually am. Sounds like something similar to what I have been doing.

12. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

Nothing special on the agenda today other than a nap. Was supposed to go to a patient voice committee meeting at my drs office tonight, but decided not to go this time. Just don't have the desire or strength to do it. Take care

13. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

Sweet and sour day for me. Resisted meds for depression, I really don't like taking stuff, found the chat room useful, friendly folk in there, I say hi but generally I don't like to interrupt a conversation between two people. You know I think it is a common thing here where people feel just so low that thoughts of ending your life are with you, I have these thoughts but I know deep down I never would have the courage? I haven't written my story since joining here because there is a lot going on currently but as an example, when I was 12,13 or so social workers came to my school and I was told my Mum was ill. I was packed off to Basingstoke to live with an aunt. I was not told exactly what was wrong with my Mum and I wasn't allowed to see her. My behaviour was so bad because I couldn't settle I was put into council care, my Mum signed the papers, later I found out about her attempted suicide, it was a kitchen knife to the stomach / intestines and the neighbour Sally had found her, doctors said my Mum was maybe just an hour from death. She survived but we have never got on and I am not sure if she is alive or not, only that a few years ago she was living in Wiltshire and she might be around 80 years old now. I keep telling myself I should just go to the town and find out, maybe I should do this tomorrow, it would not cost anything for the trip, just three buses involved for a 150-mile round trip. So something like that will always leave scars, what I mean is, where is that line, at some point my Mum must have crossed a line, in her mind she actually physically did that, mutilated herself in her attempt to end life. And sorry for the frankness, but I know I could not have the courage to do that, I'm still here as proof of that at least. Writing about this also underpins just how valuable a site like SF is - we can offload as I have done here, exchange experiences and support each other through dark times.

14. SinisterKid

Be careful Kid B about mentioning methods of suicide/self harm, its against the rules here. I know its odd, but they are the rules, so the method part might get a edit at some point and you might get a little warning to be careful in future. I got it last week because I didn't think. Just so you are aware ok.

Stayed off meds for a week, as I am prone to do sometimes, back on today and feel very strange. But its the only way to find out if they work or not in my book.

15. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

Sorry about that SinisterKid - I did not think before I wrote and of course I mean no harm by it. Perhaps a moderator will be able to edit whatever needs editing out? We only get three minutes even if we realise something post-post which is a bit crazy I think.

16. SinisterKid

No worries, I was just giving you the heads up, in case anyone takes exception to it, which I hope they dont. I never even knew we had a edit option, lol. But yes, a mod will edit it out if they think it needs to be.

17. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

Good for them. I apologise and I will know for the future, more important is I understand why this has to be so.

18. souncide

souncide Well-Known Member

Unless I change my mind in the following days, I finally finished recording the concept album that I started in May. Feeling good about that. Now to start writing the next one.

19. SinisterKid

WTG souncide, a great achievement by anyones standards.

calvinandhobbs and souncide like this.
  20. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

In other news, I had first offer on my retro jukebox which I am selling for space and because I have only used it about four times and I am honest to say I bought it for show, it's a standout piece in a lounge, anyway I bought it for £750 and selling for a third of the price, my recent move wiped out savings and so I am recuperating funds by this sale.