Took 5 years to learn how to make a custom title.
Welcome one and all to this
A Jim's Café you mustn't miss.
I tell you this post wasn't easy
but I hope it still sounds light and breezy.
You may be asking "why the rhyme"
it doesn't happen all the time
but this is a special time of year
to praise the poems that we hear
For the month of poetry is now
like every year, and this is how
i came to write no more in prose
but poetry that I compose.
I'll try to make this Jim's café
to keep the forms on yesterday
so I think the next thing I must do
I tell a few fun facts to you
Fact 1 predates the written word
in times where words were only heard
a poem oft was used to spread
the laws, and tales of the dead
Fact 2 is a poem of some fame
Mahabharata is its name
More words it holds than any other
1.8 million within its cover
Fact 3 is Geoffrey Chaucer's name
In poems and prose he gained great fame
but his name hails from humbler caste
The French for shoemaker if you must ask.
Fact 4's a fun one I must say
and may have chased some folks away
for the FEAR of poetry I hear
is a word called Macrophobia.
And now with no further ado, let me introduce the tables too:
Poetry Table (Poetry Month)
1) Do poems linger in your soul or or do they take a weary toll?
2) What one poem have you read which fondly lingers in your head?
3) With many poets old and new, which one speaks the best to you?
4) Do YOU have poetic Flair? And have you one you'd like to share?
5) I ask you just a verse or two, white a poem fresh and new.
Discussion Table (Morse Code Day)
1) When was it last you ventured out and found new things to talk about?
2) And when last did your hand extend to find yourself a brand new friend?
3) And when last did you and friends meet, in winters chill or summer's heat?
4) What words would you seek to convey to drive all loneliness away?
5) And it's Morse day, so since you know, try using Morse to say hello.
Story Table (Tell A Story Day)
1) What stories do you like to hear, to lift your heart or shed a tear?
2) What stories do you have to tell to help us get to know you well?
3) What stories of friends do you hold, that bring good cheer when they are told?
4) What stories of a time alone, are worth becoming widely known?
5) What story lives within your soul, what brighter times does it extol?
At last we come towards THE BAR
where we found out what YOUR thoughts are
So say hello and say your piece
and drink down liquid stress release.
The Recruitment Desk
We need Cafe's and they need a host, so if that's you, please proudly boast: "I VOLUNTEER".
@Harrow @Auri @Dinolaur @bubblebear @arbitrarybarry @1964dodge @Dycorp @HappyKitty