Jim's Cafe - February, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Stewart

Evening. I have been having some trouble with hypoglycaemia lately. I'm not diabetic but have quite low blood sugar always. Not a big deal, just have to be careful to eat regularly and drink fruit juice immediately when I feel symptoms (fatigue, dizzyness, blurred vision). It seems to be getting worse. I need to check in with doctor and maybe have blood tests done, see what the deal is. Hmm.

Anyway, otherwise doing well. Take care everybody. :)

Mr Stewart

good afternoon coffee forums. sort of weird weather today. little bit of snow little bit of sun, some wind, then no wind. back home from work and having some chips. put a new plastic plant in gecko Gilligan's tank that I hope she will enjoy. It is a tall one with only two very large broad leaves at the top. Made primarily for tree frogs but the geckos are light enough that they can climb on the leaves too. Dr. Jacobson, my other tropical, has this same plant and uses it as his bed for sleeping every day. :)

souncide

It rained a lot today, with thunders and everything. And said thunders were really fucking close to where I live, so it scared the hell out of me sometimes. Thankfully it calmed down a lot.
It's been 3 or 4 days since being able to sleep more than 5 hours. I don't know what the hell is wrong with me.

lightbeam

Antiquities Friend
Heyroo all!

I've been tired more than normal recently. I hope I am not going to come down with something. We'll see though.

I've forgotten my meds this morning... again. I just cannot keep track of it any more. I have a notice that I get daily to do so, and I just don't seem to process it mentally. I must enjoy being sick.

Vanquished

I've been sitting here waiting for the snow to start flying. We're used to getting snow here, but it usually isn't more than about six inches although there are occasions when it's more. However, with this particular storm we're suppose to be expecting 12-18", so I've planned to hibernate all weekend and get some projects done around my place. Should be pretty outside once it's done though. :)

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Checking in. Completely was gutted yesterday finding out a former friend I lived with for a month back in high school perished in a huge housefire valentines weekend. Going out to lunch this atfernoon with another friend.

cymbele

SF Supporter
Sorry for your loss DFOF.
We in the NE (USA) are expecting 2-4 inches of snow. Not much compared to the other storms we have had.

Going to a singles only party tonight; that is if I can persuade myself to go. There will be an estimated 15 people which isn't a lot but I only know one other than the host. So I may not go. We'll see. Sometimes I go to these things with the intention of leaving after two hours or so so I make myself go but I don't feel that I have to stay long since I won't know many people. It is a Meetup event but maybe the worst thing that could happen is I make a friend and be with people. Again we'll see.

Have a great day SF.

Prinnctopher's Belt

Antiquities Friend
SF Supporter
Going to a singles only party tonight; that is if I can persuade myself to go. There will be an estimated 15 people which isn't a lot but I only know one other than the host. So I may not go. We'll see. Sometimes I go to these things with the intention of leaving after two hours or so so I make myself go but I don't feel that I have to stay long since I won't know many people. It is a Meetup event but maybe the worst thing that could happen is I make a friend and be with people. Again we'll see.

Have a great day SF.
I always feel humiliated at those singles events because they're almost always (at least in this area where I live) full of men who are only attracted to anorexic, white and Asian women with straight, frail, ribbony hair, flawless skin and narrow features in face and body, whereas I'm none of those. Not my type of men. I'd rather meet potential beaus at events, classes and such where people aren't on the prowl particularly looking for dates but where a click just, hmm, happens naturally, isn't forced, and there isn't so much competition.

You should go, even if you don't get coupled, because at least you'd be socializing with new people who might find you interesting. And you have a chance of coming out lucky, but no chance if you don't go.

Last edited by a moderator:

Acy

Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense
Admin
SF Supporter
...they're almost always (at least in this area where I live) full of men who are only attracted to anorexic, white and Asian women with straight, frail, ribbony hair, flawless skin and narrow features in face and body...
Prinn, I call them the Barbie Dolls. I think in my city, any pretty young woman of any ethnicity (up to 40 years) would have a chance. But any more years, a few extra pounds, glasses, the wrong jeans...forget it. After about two singles events, I decided NEVER again because I'm not a young woman, with good fashion sense and a small waist. The biggest kicker at one of the events was that a man who used to see my doctor just before my session was there. I had never thought of him as prime material for a steady beau because of a variety of personal traits that he'd exhibited at the doctor's office. He walked away the night of the singles event with the prettiest "Barbie" there. Ewww! Yikes! :D

Cymbele, I think that singles events can work, so don't give up despite my horror story. There are good people out there, it just takes some looking. A good time at a singles event depends on the event, the ratio of men/women, and who is there - are they people who want to make friends and then maybe have a chance at a more serious relationship or people who are looking for sex hook ups? I didn't have the patience to look and I found the events were expensive for what I was getting out of them. But they are not always filled with just folks on the make. Good partners are out there, so meeting lots of people gives us a better chance of being introduced the right sort of person for us. Wishing you the best! :)

lightbeam

Antiquities Friend
So sorry to hear that some of you are having hard winters. Northeast US is getting positively hammered. Ice and Snow. So sorry for our friends that are out that way!

Vanquished

The snow is flying in Colorado, and the winds aren't helping things much, either. They're not calling this a blizzard, but I would dare to say it's one step below one. They're talking 10-18" this time around, but those numbers always seem to be changing. I'm near the foothills, so it's very possible I could see up to 2ft where I live because they're calling for 2ft in the foothills. This is supposed to keep up through tomorrow (Sun) afternoon.

I shouldn't complain, though. Those in the NE have seen more than what we're getting. It's just hard for me when it gets like this cause I'm not allowed to shovel snow anymore - doctors orders. I can't afford to hire someone to do it, either, and don't know anyone who could come do it. Well, guess I should go focus on something else atm.

Take good care, everyone!!

Mr Stewart

morning coffee forums,

this is sort of an opposite winter for me. neighbours down southerly are getting all sorts of snow and cold, meanwhile here in Canada the winter has been fairly mild as Canadian winters go. Stay warm folks! :snow:

Acy

Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense
Admin
SF Supporter
Having a lazy day today. Again. :D Could run errands, but just don't feel like doing that. It's not like I'm out of essential groceries. Would love to nap but that will mess up sleeping tonight, which will mess up how I feel tomorrow. There's another "extreme cold warning" in effect here. With wind chills, it will feel as cold as -40°C (which is oddly the same value in °F -40. Brrrrrr!) The kitties are nice warm friends to have on the sofa with me these days! :)

Mr Stewart

Good morning SF. Couple days in to my vacation now and starting to feel like I'm catching up on sleep. That is good.

Just having breakfast now. Laundry in progress. Took some photos of ducks yesterday. That was fun. Early in the year for them to be here, but I guess with the harsh weather down south they have migrated early. These are mallard ducks mostly. And canadian geese.

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Wow, usually ducks go further south if south was too cold for them.

Promising sign that spring is around the corner.

Can't wait for snow wasteland to disappear, it's not pretty anymore being covered by grey smog or mud. So curious how fast bostons snow thaws out this spring.

souncide

Going through my 3rd or so week withou being able to sleep, only taking naps. Even when I do manage to sleep more than 3 hours, it's a broken, unrestful sleep. As usual, I still hear this is all because I want, which means that the chances of me going to a doctor are veery low.
In other news, I've released something today. And I bought a Zoom H2n yesterday to see if I finally can get back to recording acoustic stuff. Waiting for it to arrive now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00