Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Cafe.PNG
Welcome one and all to Jim's Café, the sanctuary for the long suffering sane from the madness of the modern world.

Hello one and all. It seems there hasnt been a cafe in a while, so Im here to open again. As per usual we have 3 tables in this cafe each with their own menu of questions to choose from, visit as many tables as you like. There is also a bar for a quick hello for the less chatty. In honour of the heat outside my windows, we have a largely R&R themed Cafe, but first, music:

Music:
I know, hardly Cafe music, but I watched them live recently so...

Fun Facts (About Ice Cream):
- Some of the strangest flavours produced are: avocado, garlic, chili, licorice, Stilton cheese, and bacon.
- Ice cream headaches or “brain freeze” is the result of the blood vessels in the roof of your mouth constricting due to low temperature and causing higher blood pressure in your head.
- Ben and Jerrys have concluded that -13°C to -11°C is the ideal temperature to scoop and serve Ice Cream (so now you know what to set your freezer to)
- According to NASA, ice cream is one of the three foods astronauts miss the most when they go on into space. The other two are Pizza and fizzy drinks.

Activities Table
1) What is your favourite thing to do on a day off? Stay in/Go out/Read?
2) What is your favourite thing to do when youre out and about?
3) What is our favourite thing to do when you stay in?
4) What do you wish you had more time/money for but never seem to get around to it?

Relaxation Table
1) Are you a relaxed person or more tightly-wound?
2) How often do you get a chance to just chill?
3) What do you do to relax?
4) What was your most peaceful and relaxed moment? (If you remember)

Ice Cream Table
1) Do you like Ice Cream?
2) When do you eat Ice Cream, all the time or just when its hot?
3) Whats your favourite Ice Cream?
4) Whats the best ice cream based abomination of gastronomy you have tried? and who made it?

The Bar
For those who just want to stop in.
1) Say Hi
2) Whats on your mind?

Hey, everyone! Not sure how this works, but looks fun.

@Dante I love the music, it is so amazing!

I'll fill out the Activities Table thingie, hope I'm doing it right:

It depends, but I am mostly a "stay in" kind of a person, spending a bit too much time on my computer I guess.

I love to go to a park and read.

I watch way too much streams of old videogames, and I also like to coop up with a cup of cocoa and a nice TV show

4) What do you wish you had more time/money for but never seem to get around to it?
I always wanted to travel, but it never quite worked out.

MAC0

Y.N.W.A
SF Supporter
Thanks Dante I needed this as today my depression has been creeping back into me

dont go out because of condition so i stay in

as i only go for 2 reasons work and cool down when its hot i go out back those

video games reading watching youtube and twitch anything thats relaxing as i have spent so much of the last 2 years with my depression clouding everything

I wish i did not have to work my job is not great its only good part is its online so i work from home

Relaxation Table

my nerves issue makes me tightly-wound and my depression and condition has super charged it

when my depression allows i can have days where i just get on with my life but but i am never fully relaxed

reading watch youtube and twitch reading

as crazy as it sounds lockdown in march 2020 after i got over covid my condition was not noticeable back then and alot of lifes pressures were taken away

Ice Cream Table

oh yeah

all the time i have milk lollies most days and we have a bowl of ice cream if we feel like it or its hot

Strawberry but theres one that has a Strawberry part vanilla and chocolate yummy

4) Whats the best ice cream based abomination of gastronomy you have tried? and who made it?

never really had bad ice cream worse issue i have is cold headaches

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
Hey @Dante , I thought something was missing. No wonder i haven’t answered any questions lately. So thanks for the invite!

According to NASA, ice cream is one of the three foods astronauts miss the most when they go on into space. The other two are Pizza and fizzy drinks.
I think this makes a lot of sense since these three things are what make the world go around what better to bring that to light than to be sitting in a container looking out at the world. It certainly makes sense.

Activities Table
I have nothing but days off nowadays. My favorite things to do, are write poetry and poetic prose and also take a walk in my favorite park so that is a bit of stay in and go out. reading is not my specialty - its probably some kind of disorder.

That would be walking in the park but not so coincidentally i do a lot of poetic thinking while i’m there.

This has to be vice versa, right?

Getting everything right!

Relaxation Table
No relaxation here!

Unfortunately the only way would be getting into the freezer and that will never happen.

You left out the words “…wish you could do…” anything anything!!!

Leaving this one blank

Ice Cream Table
Please understand that Ice Cream is Chocolate or Chocolate Chocolate Chip. Then there are other similar very cold products that other people put in the same category.

I have diabetes and have to control myself. Sadly I control myself, so not often at all but i do always hope someone will bring some home.

Please see #1 above.

4) Whats the best ice cream based abomination of gastronomy you have tried? and who made it? Hagen Daz (or however its spelled and you can guess but i’ll say… its Chocolate or Chocolate Chocolate Chip

The Bar
Hi everyone!!! I just wanted to stop in (and answer the questions and then come here to say Hi! Hi!

1) Say Hi
Hi

2) Whats on your mind?
i’m thinking of clicking on links.

Wishing everyone some happiness and 🌞🌞🌞
👽

Acy

Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense
Admin
SF Supporter
@Dante: Thank you for opening the Café today!

Music:
Very rousing! I needed that. It’s gorgeous outside (a little hot maybe, but still lovely!) and I was getting snoozy!

Activities Table
If it’s icky out (snow, heavy rain, icy cold, steamy hot, I stay in and read, maybe watch some junk TV, play around on the computer.)

Feeding the birds, squirrels, chipmunks in the park. Or window shopping.

3) What is your favourite thing to do when you stay in?
Reading, music, TV. Sometimes, writing and arts/crafts.

Travel; doing arts/crafts; buying art; going to live concerts/theatre; decorating my apartment.

Relaxation Table
Both? At home, with all going well, I’m very relaxed. At home, with toilet leaking fast enough to flood the bathroom, I’m frantic. When I’m out and about, it depends on the crowd/activity. Small group, more relaxed.

A few times a week now. Much more often than just two months ago. :)

Physically relax: progressive muscle relaxation until I’m limp. Also mindfulness meditation letting thoughts drift in and out. Exercise can be good for the relaxation afterwards.
Just chilling relaxing: Reading, music, playing with and snuggling my cat, cooking, music, writing, arts/crafts…

Sorry. I slept through it. ;)

Ice Cream Table
Absolutely!

All year, but I shouldn’t.

Just tried a new one — frozen yogurt. Black Jack Cherry — dark cherry with chocolate. It’s one of my favourites. I also like very rich, real cream chocolate mint ice cream. And coffee ice cream. Did I mention Dulce de leche (caramel)? …

Too many to narrow it down.

The Bar
Hi everyone!
I’m waiting for a friend to come and help me fix the leaking toilet. The flood happened last night at bed time. And it was a real flood. It took me about an hour to clean up the water, and then I had to wash and dry all the towels and sheets I’d used to mop up. I’m tired today.

seabird

meandering home
SF Supporter
Thanks for the tag @Dante
I've been going off into anxiety far too much & need to get back to a healthier place, & hold onto it. I hope everyone is doing okay today, and for good days ahead for us all.

I'll start at the Activities Table.

1) What is your favourite thing to do on a day off? Stay in/Go out/Read? Go out into nature of some kind - walk, hike, explore. Reading yes but when I am back at home.

2) What is your favourite thing to do when youre out and about? If in nature then see above, if in town then window shop & people watch. I enjoy sketching people as they walk, if I can find a suitable place to do so.
3) What is our favourite thing to do when you stay in? I can't pick just one: paint, cook, & read.
4) What do you wish you had more time/money for but never seem to get around to it? Fix up my house...

Hello to the Relaxation Table. :)

1) Are you a relaxed person or more tightly-wound? More on the wound side I suppose.
2) How often do you get a chance to just chill? Good question Dante; I get lots of chances & should utilize them.
Last night I made myself a glass of warm milk at 3 am so that counts I guess.
3) What do you do to relax? Read. Cook. Walks at the park, the trails, the beach.
4) What was your most peaceful and relaxed moment? (If you remember) I will take extra's approach here & leave it blank.

Ah, the Ice Cream Table.

1) Do you like Ice Cream? Yes
2) When do you eat Ice Cream, all the time or just when its hot? When it's hot.
3) Whats your favourite Ice Cream? Strawberry/Vanilla/Chocolate
4) Whats the best ice cream based abomination of gastronomy you have tried? Those vanilla ice cream bars I used to buy for self & kids on hot days in Arizona at a little store next to the park. <3 and who made it? Hagen Daz

Last edited:

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
Activities Table
Probably stay in and watch movies or listen to music.

Go shopping or to the lake.

Spend time on the computer. haha

Traveling.

Relaxation Table
Tightly wound but I'm still easygoing.

I try to chill, but it's hard with anxiety.

Lie down and clear my mind, write, read, listen to music.

Probably when I was so relaxed I thought I would astral project. haha

Ice Cream Table
I love ice cream.

I eat it any time of the year. That's why they make seasonal flavors. haha

Probably anything with chocolate.

I think it was something with peanut butter, fudge, M&M's, waffle cone, and other stuff. And of course I made that. :P

The Bar
1) Say Hi
Hola

2) Whats on your mind?
Hope everyone is doing alright.

Holding my breath

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Thank you @Dante for opening the cafe. Haven’t had one in ages.

Just one table for me.

Relaxation Table
1) Are you a relaxed person or more tightly-wound? Tightly wound.
2) How often do you get a chance to just chill? Very rarely, I generally can’t. If I stop I crash, so I don’t stop.
3) What do you do to relax? I do cross stitch which is probably the only thing I can do which is sort of calming. It keeps my hands and mind active if I do get an option sit.
4) What was your most peaceful and relaxed moment? (If you remember). Sitting on an empty beach with no one else around and just watching the sea. I had reached breaking point and just gave up and walked away from life to just sit. It was strangely peaceful.

Livelife

SF Supporter
@Acy

I feel ya! Memories flooded back in from 25 years ago when I read this, pun intended. I'm so glad you caught the leak so quickly!! When one of my toilet flex hoses broke in the middle of the night, gushing at 6 gallons a minute (from what I was told ) I woke up hours later in the morning and stepped out of bed into 2 feet of water in my house. What a long lasting disaster. I hope your Sunday is a relaxed one*hug

Last edited:

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00