• Apologies for the issue with a bizarre redirect on the site earlier today. There was a large server update and an error in an IP address had the traffic routing wrongly. No hacking or anything nefarious and nothing to worry about. Sorry for any stress/anxiety caused. Very best wishes - SF Admin

Jim's Cafe, Tues., Feb. 2, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lane

SF Supporter
Good morning/afternoon SF friends. I hope everyone is feeling alright. The blizzard has dumped alot if snow here, East coast USA so trying to keep my mind busy as I'm cooped up in the house.

Pic below from my front door. Cat footprints, he ran out, then said, "hell no". Ran right back in the house.

How bout some questions if you feel like answering?

1) What's something that you think will always be in fashion? Do you have an item of clothing that you cant part with or is has special meaning to you?

2) What mythical creature do you wish actually existed?

3) What are the most important rules when going on a date? (Even if you dont date, have never been on a date, humor me)

4) If you were moving to another country and could take one carry-on bag, what would you pack?

5) What's the hardest you ever worked?

Tagging @Lara_C @JMG @extraterrestrialone @Livelife @BraveFace @Lady Wolfshead @adamjam @MosesY @Auri giphy (1).gif 20210202_063546.jpg

Inya

babaya gayolera
Thanks @Lane for opening and inviting me.

What's something that you think will always be in fashion? Do you have an item of clothing that you cant part with or is has special meaning to you?
Fashion always comes back around but never quite the same. I am pretty attached to my clothes but I know how to sew so it’s easy for me to repair, adjust, alter, change…

What mythical creature do you wish actually existed?
Dragons.

What are the most important rules when going on a date? (Even if you dont date, have never been on a date, humor me)
I have no clue cause I’ve never dated, but I recon be yourself and don’t bullshit.

If you were moving to another country and could take one carry-on bag, what would you pack?

I packed clothes and my laptop.

What's the hardest you ever worked?

Hmm, I worked 28 hours non stop, I worked outside on -23ºC all day…I don’t know, most people I know would die but it was kind of fun to me.

extraterrestrialone

untwisting the pretzel
SF Supporter
Good Morning Lane! 😊
Good morning/afternoon SF friends. I hope everyone is feeling alright. The blizzard has dumped alot if snow here, East coast USA so trying to keep my mind busy as I'm cooped up in the house.
No surprise that across the river, we’re cooped up here too. i didn’t even go out at all yesterday. maybe my son and i will venture out today. at least me anyway.

Pic below from my front door. Cat footprints, he ran out, then said, "hell no". Ran right back in the house.
Yup, cats are really great at letting us know about the weather and days like these and what to do about it. ours only has a terrace to step out onto but who really needs more. right back in saying “ive seen better days”

you must know i love questions...

1) What's something that you think will always be in fashion? Do you have an item of clothing that you cant part with or is has special meaning to you?
always in fashion... hmm, i’m thinking.... as for that one item, i have a shirt that is kind of salmon colored. its from the 1980’s. i never wore it out in public except for the first time and always wondered why i’d have bought such a color as it seemed to shine in my eyes from below, when wearing it, but it still manages to be my favorite shirt and is still waiting for the day...

chimera! wait, gotta tag @TheChimeraMonster !

3) What are the most important rules when going on a date? (Even if you dont date, have never been on a date, humor me
i am not certain what a date is Lane! thus, i’d say the most important rule is knowing what it is. ... sigh... honestly that institution never worked for me and rules... maybe its judge or be judged? or hurt or be hurt? or put all faith into it when there’s no justification to do so.
anyway, how i made it to where i am now, i’ll never know. so i’m afraid this is all i can say about it.

4) If you were moving to another country and could take one carry-on bag, what would you pack?
just a few essentials. the rest goes into storage.

work might even be sitting around all day locked in while observing certain people act with scorn outside. standing on a packed subway train up to a year+ ago was work too. staying awake at work is work. having a career one does not really like is work and going off to college is work. not understanding certain symptoms of a mental disorder and having to live with them all one‘s life is work and then when sooner or later one finally arrives at dealing with them it also becomes work. positive affirmations is work and really, all of these seem to be or have been the hardest when at work doing or trying to do. maybe its experience at the moment that is the hardest. but i look back on my life comparatively (to others) and say “who do i think i am?” “...you’ve had a bleeping easy life”. maybe knowing who one is is the hardest if you are pushed into believing that the person you actually are is of no value and having no right to exist. i’ll have to come back to you on this one Lane. maybe i’m just beginning that work now. as i see it i’m still completely alone wherever i am and trying to make that change has always been such hard work.

*grouphug2

) What's something that you think will always be in fashion? Do you have an item of clothing that you cant part with or is has special meaning to you?

Boots! Boots! And boots! lol I love boots, can you tell?

Hmm I have an ER sweatshirt I got a while ago from my place of work(it’s my first working place) and it makes me feel part of the team so has a special meaning.

;)

3) What are the most important rules when going on a date? (Even if you dont date, have never been on a date, humor me)

don’t you ever ever drink or eat something green that can get stuck in your teeth!
Don’t ask why I know that *hysterical

my cat lol

Probably not that hard cause I haven’t done a 12h er shift, only 10. It’s still tiring cause it’s a big hospital and people keep coming *hiding
Oh and I worked at a vaccine center in which I met over 2000 people every day and talked to each one *hiding

BraveFace

SF Supporter
Great questions!

My dad's wedding jacket - it is so cool

Centaur - straight up the best ever

Doing something you like before going on the date

Oooh! Face cream. Anything else, I would get when I got to the lovely place

Yesterday :)

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Thanks for the tag @Lane :)

Ooooh... Lovely snow! We had one day of snow a couple of weeks ago but I'm definitely ready for some more 🤞🏻

Dr Martens boots. I love them - I'd be gutted if they ever went.

I have a leather biker jacket that I bought myself on the last day of my cancer treatment as a well done for getting through it treat. I can't actually fit into it anymore but hopefully one day I'll get it back on again.

Pegasus - so I could have a horse again and fly off to cool places too :)

Make sure your nails are clean (it's a real pet peeve of mine), always pay your way and no burping or farting *hysterical

Photos, my grandma's pearls and a jar of marmite.

When I was a display artist the store openings were really hard work. The builders and fitters always finished late so I generally only had around 2 or 3 days to get the store ready for opening. It normally meant working day and night and only getting a couple of hours sleep on a chair in the office. It was good fun though.

Sunday16

SF Supporter
Thank you for inviting me to the cafe! @Lane
How the heck did the groundhog see his shadow? Isn't it snowing like crazy in Puxatawny, PA? I just want it to be spring tomorrow! @extraterrestrialone

1) What's something that you think will always be in fashion?
Kindness

Do you have an item of clothing that you cant part with or is has special meaning to you?
I have an old grateful dead t-shirt from college that i will probably keep until i die

GFS

Thanks for opening the cafe and for the invite, Lane!

I'm sorry you're isolated but I'm glad you're warm and cozy inside your house.

Sounds like my cat. Or me. lol

Jeans. And I'm usually always attached on a few items of my clothing. I usually wear the same clothes all the time till I have to throw them away. :)

Wonder woman.
Does she count?

1. Show up.
2. Don't throw up.
3. Don't screw it up.
(I improvised lol).

My laptop.

Can't recall.
Ok, you got me. I'm not a very hard worker. *hiding*shh*shh

JMG

~ Crazy Cat Lady ~
Tysm for tagging me twice @Lane yay I will take that as a double lucky day for me! :)
Thanks for opening the cafe too & cool q's, here's my answers to them ;)

Simple sleeveless, short sleeved or long sleeved medium length black dresses that are either silk, satin, cotton or velvet (that just never goes outta style as far as I'm concerned, such a beautiful fabric imo), simple black shirts, shorts and pants, same with white, polka dots, stripes, solid colors and simple, modest (without being ridiculous of course lol) styles.

Answer to the 2nd q about an item of clothing I can't part with is my Disneyland sweatshirt that I got when I was 15 years old, first and most likely only time I'll ever be able to go there so it has extreme sentimental value to me and also I really do love the sweatshirt a lot anyway it's very well made and I like how it looks :)

Unicorns.

- Good communication - Treating the person in a thoughtful and respectful way and if they don't give the same back then communicating to them in as tactful but firm of a way that you are not willing to tolerate that. Each person needs to feel as comfortable as possible so deciding together on where to go and what to do are generally good ideas as well imo.
- Good physical presentation - Making a solid effort to both look and smell good are extremely important as well or else those will end up being off-putting and just not making a very good first impression. I agree with what Sunspots said too, good manners (no burping, farting or other off-putting kinds of things like that) are extremely important as well, or at least acknowledging that it's something you care about by sincerely trying not to do those things if possible lol.
- Fairly balanced conversation (ie - volunteering appropriate kinds of things about yourself, asking q's and showing sincere interest in getting to know some things about the other person as well, fairly equal exchange of info basically).

This is way too hard to answer sorry lol. Also wouldn't be able to answer it completely honestly anyway ;) *shy *shh *halo

Sorry but not very comfortable with this q because of what I'd need to reveal if I were to answer it completely honestly. I suppose I outta not be truly "ashamed" by it since there's lots of people who slave away earning their living that way but ya I just can't bring myself to admit (here) that I ever worked such a lowly kind of job like that.

foreverforgotten

Quiet Observer
SF Supporter
Its 5pm. Time to start the day! TY @Lane for tag *hug good morning!

-- my dads hat. Cowboy hat. He wore it all the time working outside. Its hot tamale temp outside. so its necessary from the sun. Anyways. Its my dads hat.

---- I wish I was the mythical creature. Dont know what.. something that flies. XD

--- never been...I dunnoooo. What are the normal rules? Idk I'm not into kissing unless I feel like it. So no forcies... hmm...keep it safe and low key for a while...

---- purse with purse stuff, water jug, my fav pillow, my boots, jacket, 😸 cat- yes my cats a carryon, she goes with! Oh jeez you mean ONLY a carry on or, in addition to my mountain of books and art supplies? Oh man...

--- 2020. W3nt to school, did externship, worked fulltime, got a job at the hospital, had s PTSD meltdown, caregiver for my mom... Corona..
Oh man.....

🖤 👁 Hope everyone has an okay Tuesday *hug

Autumn1973

Looking for people who will accept me for who I am

Tagging @Lara_C @JMG @extraterrestrialone @Livelife @BraveFace @Lady Wolfshead @adamjam @MosesY @Auri View attachment 42552 View attachment 42553
Hey, Lane. Thanks for the invite.

1. Flannel shirts? Back in the 90s they were considered being in fashion, but then not so much after a few years, but people still wear them whether they're in or not. I don't think they'll ever go away. I have too many favorite clothing items to pick just one. But if I had to pick...my Wonder Woman hoodie. Maroon with the Wonder Woman logo in gold on the front. Love it.

2. The Dragon. C'mon, how cool would that be?

3. Be yourself.

4. Change of clothes, toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shampoo and chocolate. Can't live without my chocolate.

5. I'm always working my hardest when I write. My attention to detail goes into overdrive. Every sentence, punctuation mark, every word. It becomes an obsession in achieving perfection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$255.00
Goal
$255.00