• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Musings, ideas, what are you thinking about?

Lane

SF Supporter
*hugIt's always been interesting, somewhat confusing to me how some people rise to boss positions in many companies. I'm sorry she's so rude, probably like that in her private life as well.
Mine got her position because she knew the CEO and they both came from the islands. My boss is dedicated but a pain in the butt! And yes she can be rude, I do try to manage. I also wonder how some managers come to be, lol.

HappyKitty

•✮• SF's pet kitty, full of kittens & colours •✮•
Suree my cousin says “no don’t flirt immediately, it’ll creep anyone out. plus you’re the youngest there, it just feels like people looks at you like you’re their little sister”
Actually some of my guy colleagues are flirty...... I asked “where do you live?” during small talks and One is like “I live far but closer to your heart” even using pick up lines. WHO’S CREEPIER now? Dot try to sing to me mister. I am so dying of laughter....

😹😹😹

MisterBGone

o O Oo oO oOo O ooo..!;)~
SF Supporter
Suree my cousin says “no don’t flirt immediately, it’ll creep anyone out. plus you’re the youngest there, it just feels like people looks at you like you’re their little sister”
Actually some of my guy colleagues are flirty...... I asked “where do you live?” during small talks and One is like “I live far but closer to your heart” even using pick up lines. WHO’S CREEPIER now? Dot try to sing to me mister. I am so dying of laughter....

😹😹😹
😂😂😂

HappyKitty

yea. 😹 But my point is just people can be mean to you especially if you’re a virgin/never dated. Its cheesy but we’re all love believe it or not. My cousin and sisters can be so protective of me cause I’m new to this. Actually anyone can be protective of me. Only need not need to be so negative to say such things like “I don’t deserve to get a guy, I can do better, you can’t even balance yourself, you’re forever alone” all this nonsense but actually the guy that your family won’t like or any guy friends is nice to you, can make any magic. Anyone can be romantic or sweet talk you lol... No need to be asshole.

MisterBGone

o O Oo oO oOo O ooo..!;)~
SF Supporter
yea. 😹 But my point is just people can be mean to you especially if you’re a virgin/never dated. Its cheesy but we’re all love believe it or not. My cousin and sisters can be so protective of me cause I’m new to this. Actually anyone can be protective of me. Only need not need to be so negative to say such things like “I don’t deserve to get a guy, I can do better, you can’t even balance yourself, you’re forever alone” all this nonsense but actually the guy that your family won’t like or any guy friends is nice to you, can make any magic. Anyone can be romantic or sweet talk you lol... No need to be asshole.
Ah! Ok... Thank you for clarifying that for me, and explaning it in such a way, so as I can understand it (as different cultures & places, can have different views on these things, or just the way in which they go about them). As for your case, in terms of both love & life, I think that everyone has their own path, or trajectory. There's really no right or wrong, only what's right for you, ultimately in the end. And so, don't get too wrapped up in the things that other say, as their opinions won't be worth much, or mean a great deal, in the grand scheme of things! :) Peace.

HappyKitty

Ah! Ok... Thank you for clarifying that for me, and explaning it in such a way, so as I can understand it (as different cultures & places, can have different views on these things, or just the way in which they go about them). As for your case, in terms of both love & life, I think that everyone has their own path, or trajectory. There's really no right or wrong, only what's right for you, ultimately in the end. And so, don't get too wrapped up in the things that other say, as their opinions won't be worth much, or mean a great deal, in the grand scheme of things! :) Peace.
i fell asleep after typing that 😹

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
Death... I think my niece would be sad though... I'm not sure.
a lot of people would be sad if you died. we all have an expiration date just like a carton of milk. we don't know when so we should try to live the best we can until that day comes. you will die someday so try to find ways to be happy and content. i am getting closer so i really try to survive until my time comes and i hope you do also.

mike....*hug*shake

I don't think life is short, and I don't know if it's the only life we have either.

But I also don't think it matters because whatever lies beyond death does not make your current life irrelevant, the consciousness and memories. So it's worth treating it as the only chance you got, in order to make the most out of the time you spend in your body.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
To what degree are people switched on at work? Or rather how easy is it for some to slip into having the attention span of a fish or the inititiative of an arsehole? Telephone conversation which I was forced to endure earlier on today :

Me : "hi, I'm following up from a call I made to you last week, chasing up some documents which I'm still waiting for."

Arsehole - no answer

Me : "hello?"

Arsehole : "yeah just checking the system"

Me : "At least let me know that you're doing that instead of us having radio silence. For all I know either the call could have dropped or you might have fell into a coma under the strain of having to pull a finger out."

Arsehole: "I'm sure I emailed you those documents along with the other files last week. Did you not get that?"

Me : "Muvver-Fkr if that was the case, then would I be ringing now chasing it up? "

Arsehole : "I'll email you the documents over. What's the email address?"

Me : "Same as it's always been, check your files. In fact how about checking your inbox? You'll see several from me, the latest ones detailing the type of medieval violence I may be forced to visit upon you if you continue to twat me about."

Telephone convo ends with the usual farewell pleasantries.

Nick

☆☆Still Ducking Fantastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
To what degree are people switched on at work? Or rather how easy is it for some to slip into having the attention span of a fish or the inititiative of an arsehole? Telephone conversation which I was forced to endure earlier on today :

Me : "hi, I'm following up from a call I made to you last week, chasing up some documents which I'm still waiting for."

Arsehole - no answer

Me : "hello?"

Arsehole : "yeah just checking the system"

Me : "At least let me know that you're doing that instead of us having radio silence. For all I know either the call could have dropped or you might have fell into a coma under the strain of having to pull a finger out."

Arsehole: "I'm sure I emailed you those documents along with the other files last week. Did you not get that?"

Me : "Muvver-Fkr if that was the case, then would I be ringing now chasing it up? "

Arsehole : "I'll email you the documents over. What's the email address?"

Me : "Same as it's always been, check your files. In fact how about checking your inbox? You'll see several from me, the latest ones detailing the type of medieval violence I may be forced to visit upon you if you continue to twat me about."

Telephone convo ends with the usual farewell pleasantries.
THIS is my whole month in a nutshell. I feel you, I so very much feel you.

Shelly

Constantly thinking and fearing that when my cat tommie gets four of his teeth remove i am scared that he might not wake up from anesthesia

this is the first time i’m experiencing all of this, he’s surgery is in less than a week and that’s all i’ve been thinking about. I don’t want to lose him and I don’t want him to suffer.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
my truck is finally going to be paid off this year. it's an old truck. it's a 2006 dodge ram quad cab hemi. i thought it was only worth about 3k or 4k. my son told me it was worth twice that. well out of curiosity i looked it up and with mileage and options it's worth between 6k and 7k trade in and between 8k and 10k private sale. it's crazy how much old 4x4s go for. and my wife and i discussed it and we are keeping the truck. why trade in a truck that still looks good and runs great. she's fast and load with a cold air intake.

mike

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$305.00
Goal
$255.00