Musings, ideas, what are you thinking about?

I don't think life is short, and I don't know if it's the only life we have either.

But I also don't think it matters because whatever lies beyond death does not make your current life irrelevant, the consciousness and memories. So it's worth treating it as the only chance you got, in order to make the most out of the time you spend in your body.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
To what degree are people switched on at work? Or rather how easy is it for some to slip into having the attention span of a fish or the inititiative of an arsehole? Telephone conversation which I was forced to endure earlier on today :

Me : "hi, I'm following up from a call I made to you last week, chasing up some documents which I'm still waiting for."

Arsehole - no answer

Me : "hello?"

Arsehole : "yeah just checking the system"

Me : "At least let me know that you're doing that instead of us having radio silence. For all I know either the call could have dropped or you might have fell into a coma under the strain of having to pull a finger out."

Arsehole: "I'm sure I emailed you those documents along with the other files last week. Did you not get that?"

Me : "Muvver-Fkr if that was the case, then would I be ringing now chasing it up? "

Arsehole : "I'll email you the documents over. What's the email address?"

Me : "Same as it's always been, check your files. In fact how about checking your inbox? You'll see several from me, the latest ones detailing the type of medieval violence I may be forced to visit upon you if you continue to twat me about."

Telephone convo ends with the usual farewell pleasantries.

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
SF Supporter
To what degree are people switched on at work? Or rather how easy is it for some to slip into having the attention span of a fish or the inititiative of an arsehole? Telephone conversation which I was forced to endure earlier on today :

Me : "hi, I'm following up from a call I made to you last week, chasing up some documents which I'm still waiting for."

Arsehole - no answer

Me : "hello?"

Arsehole : "yeah just checking the system"

Me : "At least let me know that you're doing that instead of us having radio silence. For all I know either the call could have dropped or you might have fell into a coma under the strain of having to pull a finger out."

Arsehole: "I'm sure I emailed you those documents along with the other files last week. Did you not get that?"

Me : "Muvver-Fkr if that was the case, then would I be ringing now chasing it up? "

Arsehole : "I'll email you the documents over. What's the email address?"

Me : "Same as it's always been, check your files. In fact how about checking your inbox? You'll see several from me, the latest ones detailing the type of medieval violence I may be forced to visit upon you if you continue to twat me about."

Telephone convo ends with the usual farewell pleasantries.
THIS is my whole month in a nutshell. I feel you, I so very much feel you.

Constantly thinking and fearing that when my cat tommie gets four of his teeth remove i am scared that he might not wake up from anesthesia

this is the first time i’m experiencing all of this, he’s surgery is in less than a week and that’s all i’ve been thinking about. I don’t want to lose him and I don’t want him to suffer.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
my truck is finally going to be paid off this year. it's an old truck. it's a 2006 dodge ram quad cab hemi. i thought it was only worth about 3k or 4k. my son told me it was worth twice that. well out of curiosity i looked it up and with mileage and options it's worth between 6k and 7k trade in and between 8k and 10k private sale. it's crazy how much old 4x4s go for. and my wife and i discussed it and we are keeping the truck. why trade in a truck that still looks good and runs great. she's fast and load with a cold air intake.

mike

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
my truck is finally going to be paid off this year. it's an old truck. it's a 2006 dodge ram quad cab hemi. i thought it was only worth about 3k or 4k. my son told me it was worth twice that. well out of curiosity i looked it up and with mileage and options it's worth between 6k and 7k trade in and between 8k and 10k private sale. it's crazy how much old 4x4s go for. and my wife and i discussed it and we are keeping the truck. why trade in a truck that still looks good and runs great. she's fast and load with a cold air intake.

mike
That's cause it's got a, "Hemi~!" :D jk? ;)

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
SF Supporter
She was sitting calmly @Nick but alcoholic, no warning sign at all. The bags have shampoo, hats, gloves, antibacterial gel, sanitary products for women, lotions. Others were happy to get them, so it is what it is.
That sounds like a nice bag of stuff for people. At my old job we used to keep bags like that for the guys (minus the women specific products). It would also have some food items. When we heard about an employee who was struggling we would give them a bag. We always tried to be discrete about it, because who wants it announced to everyone. Never had anyone who wasn't grateful. That's a very nice thing to do.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00