• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Musings, ideas, what are you thinking about?

Dante

Life-long ponderer.. and Git.
SF Pro
SF Supporter
I didnt really consider that I was all that different at work than at home, but my family was helping me do a load of paperwork I had to get done and my work persona came out and my wife didnt like it. My brother even mentioned that I was acting more like him (blunt, to the point, prioritising action over feeling) which I always complain about.

So it turns out I have a different work persona, and it has shades of my brother in it...
 

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
That is a super power to me cause I struggle with cold so much lol
I am the same way. I can handle hot better than cold, which I would flip in an instant with the weather right now. I have been lucky so far the power was off about 9 hours total starting at 8:00 pm yesterday until almost 7:00 am this morning. Glad I had the base layers, wool blankets and an alpine parka ready to bundle up pretty nicely and grew up camping out so much so knowing what to have and how to use it. Hats off to the utility workers that power has not been off more and longer.
 
I am the same way. I can handle hot better than cold, which I would flip in an instant with the weather right now. I have been lucky so far the power was off about 9 hours total starting at 8:00 pm yesterday until almost 7:00 am this morning. Glad I had the base layers, wool blankets and an alpine parka ready to bundle up pretty nicely and grew up camping out so much so knowing what to have and how to use it. Hats off to the utility workers that power has not been off more and longer.
I can handle hot better than cold too. I am glad you were able to stay warm until the power came back again.
We don't use heaters here but I think light as in emitting from light bulb also just helps in feeling warm and again electricity is needed for keeping the water hot for use. Power cuts can be nightmare.
 

JanisSPK

Well-Known Member
I am the same way. I can handle hot better than cold, which I would flip in an instant with the weather right now. I have been lucky so far the power was off about 9 hours total starting at 8:00 pm yesterday until almost 7:00 am this morning. Glad I had the base layers, wool blankets and an alpine parka ready to bundle up pretty nicely and grew up camping out so much so knowing what to have and how to use it. Hats off to the utility workers that power has not been off more and longer.
Glad your power is restored. My 2nd bedroom closet has about 30 blankets of all kinds in it. Along with my parka, wool caps scarves buffs and gloves. Being in Washington last week prepared me for returning to this. I’m so happy it’s a short lived situation and so grateful my electric stayed on. I hope you get to stay home and be warm today🔥
 
It’s difficult to study and deal with grief at the same time.

Waking up realizing my cat is gone is an every day nightmare.
I mourn for her every day and I feel it has become an injustice to my 5 cats who are still with me.
I’m a bad person, I feel I didn’t do enough, gave up and settled with what I can do which is not my best and it cost me my cat, I will never forgive myself.
 

Fbr27

a ghoul keeper
Sometimes I feel like I've been through a lot and that I shouldn't lower my head to anyone in any situation.

I don't know why I feel this way. But I just believe, deep down, that I'm not worse than anyone.

I feel my pain. I know those things that hurt me. Why I should let you make me believe that I'm worthless?
 

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Glad your power is restored. My 2nd bedroom closet has about 30 blankets of all kinds in it. Along with my parka, wool caps scarves buffs and gloves. Being in Washington last week prepared me for returning to this. I’m so happy it’s a short lived situation and so grateful my electric stayed on. I hope you get to stay home and be warm today🔥
I must have outsmarted myself. All prepared and I ran out of propane. I got to laugh. I checked the gauge and it is at empty, I must have burned through 100 gallons in the last 2 weeks. I do have enough space heaters to keep wherever I am at warm, but this makes me think of my luck with two car wrecks within 5 days. Bundle up and prepare and order another delivery tomorrow and hope it doesn't take too long to come in. At least it is warming up, but the mornings will be a pain, but livable.
 
It’s difficult to study and deal with grief at the same time.

Waking up realizing my cat is gone is an every day nightmare.
I mourn for her every day and I feel it has become an injustice to my 5 cats who are still with me.
I’m a bad person, I feel I didn’t do enough, gave up and settled with what I can do which is not my best and it cost me my cat, I will never forgive myself.
Sending hugs if you would like hugs.
 

Fbr27

a ghoul keeper
Some days ago, my mother sort of revealed to me that I might had been diagnosed with "giftedness" when I was an infant children.

My mother also swears that I learned to read and talk when I was 1 1/2 years old and at 2 years old, I was already reading pretty much everything from books to newspapers.

I do remember reading "things" since I remember myself as a person really, but I doubt that I'm gifted as much as I'm autistic/weird/anxious

Maybe the idea that I'm a "broken" smart person explains a lot of my life. But I think I just might have some form of autism + adhd + anxiety/depression.
 
i wish we could've just stayed stupid apes, caring about nothing but survival and reproduction. i wish we didn't exist as this comical overexaggeration of consciousness.

we care so much about things we have no evolutionary reason to care about. we do things we have no reason to do. i walk through the streets and look at the buildings, billboards, the people running from one place to another with no natural reason to do so, and it melts my fucking brain.

we built this hell, covered the earth in asphalt, bled it dry of everything it had and tore out the flowers to plant cold, dead concrete husks in their stead.

we watched the earth bleed and we pushed the blade deeper and deeper until we couldn't see the blood. until we couldn't hear the screams. we live on a rotting corpse. and for what?

we murder and rape our kind. we plant hatred, fear and pain in eachothers minds. we scramble for power and control over worthless things that we see as necessities because we told ourselves that they are.

why. just why.
 

Fbr27

a ghoul keeper
I feel alienated most of the time that I see something on the internet but I didn't notice that feeling until some days ago.

Once I saw this girl with filters on her face on Instagram and I thought it was so odd.

Everything seemed to be cooler on the 2000s, or at least as I remember it. I remember cool things happening, good songs played on the radio, the films were great.

Probably is just more nostalgia, but I remember that at time, things felt like they had a reason to be and weren't just mindless entertainment.

But it isn't just nostalgia I think. It is just the idea of a world where things didn't feel so blurred and old as today.
 
I have a school friend who’s annoyed as to how some people are dressing up for class. 3 years ago when we were freshmen, one wrong move and the school department will post about proper dress code but nowadays we never hear anything from them.

I just laughed it off while my friend was annoyed at those students. To me, it’s such a non-issue, and even if it is, I am not the authority, and it is not my place to call them out and state the rules. It’s their body, if their comfortable wearing those then let them, they are not my responsibility, they’re grown adults, therefore they are not my problem.

Idk… to me, it felt trivial at the moment because lately I’ve dealt with the worst life situations that what my classmate is wearing is not really a problem for me. I find it more baffling that my school friend is bothered at how other people are dressing. We are at class, we are not inside the court.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$255.00
Top