• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Physical pain severity scale

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
5 which is a lot better than earlier. I hit 10 today and had a hard time coming down because I did too much. that's when those silly thoughts enter my head anytime I hit 8 or above
 

Raven

Would-Rather-Not-Known Member
SF Supporter
i'm sorry that your stomach hurts so bad, I hope it feels better...mike...*console*hug
Thank you mike. I hope today will be better and now maybe 4 I guess. But the pain comes and goes so I don't know.
5 which is a lot better than earlier. I hit 10 today and had a hard time coming down because I did too much. that's when those silly thoughts enter my head anytime I hit 8 or above
*hug
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
7. I tried to do an MRI today and couldn't. I have to try again and am scared if the results.
I hope that you can get though it. I hope nothing is wrong, but if there is something wrong it's best to know so you can work on it and get better..mike...*console*hug
 

Leesa

Well-Known Member
I hope that you can get though it. I hope nothing is wrong, but if there is something wrong it's best to know so you can work on it and get better..mike...*console*hug
I've done a CT scan once and it was quick. I need another one of those too. I thought the MRI would be similar. It was terrifying.
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I've done a CT scan once and it was quick. I need another one of those too. I thought the MRI would be similar. It was terrifying.
it depends on the machine. the one for my cancer screening isn't as claustrophobic. but the other ones I took I was extremely anxious. but at least it doesn't last too long.
 

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I've done a CT scan once and it was quick. I need another one of those too. I thought the MRI would be similar. It was terrifying.
it depends on the machine. the one for my cancer screening isn't as claustrophobic. but the other ones I took I was extremely anxious. but at least it doesn't last too long.
Can you close your eyes inside?
 

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
I thought the MRI would be similar. It was terrifying.
You have open MRI locations where you are Leesa, might check that out and see if your insurance covers that. Open MRI is quite a bit easier mentally than the closed ones. It's not perfect but none of them really are. I had a much easier time in an open one though (sides are open and I could see out a window, see the room, etc)
 

Leesa

Well-Known Member
You have open MRI locations where you are Leesa, might check that out and see if your insurance covers that. Open MRI is quite a bit easier mentally than the closed ones. It's not perfect but none of them really are. I had a much easier time in an open one though (sides are open and I could see out a window, see the room, etc)
Yes, see, I wasn't prepared for any of it. I've had a CT scan before but it didn't take too long. I've got to get one of those as well. Yesterday I went from seeing the new therapist to a new ENT ( who is ordering a CT) and then got called to go to the MRI rather unexpectedly. I go to PT today. It is just all too much at once. They are sending me to an open sided' one on Wednesday.
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Can you close your eyes inside?
for me it doesn't matter I can't get out and yes I also panic. when I have to do one of those I keep telling myself it won't last long. once they had to do it 3 or 4 times and I made them stop for a short break....mike
 

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
for me it doesn't matter I can't get out and yes I also panic. when I have to do one of those I keep telling myself it won't last long. once they had to do it 3 or 4 times and I made them stop for a short break....mike
I am extremely claustrophobic so I wouldn't be able to do it, no way. I just thought perhaps it could help some other people, to close their eyes and imagine that they are still in the same room, thinking about something else.
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Yes, see, I wasn't prepared for any of it. I've had a CT scan before but it didn't take too long. I've got to get one of those as well. Yesterday I went from seeing the new therapist to a new ENT ( who is ordering a CT) and then got called to go to the MRI rather unexpectedly. I go to PT today. It is just all too much at once. They are sending me to an open sided' one on Wednesday.
sometimes if you have too much happening at once you can talk to your doctor and spread out the appointments because they are causing too much stress. I've done this myself, I can only take so many appointments at a time...mike..*console*hug
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top