• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Physical pain severity scale

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
Really long much needed dumping here........Since I don't have anyone to share my challenges/daily thoughts with anymore, here goes. No one in my world knows any of this about me.
And I don't usually post about the chronic pain I experience. I'm waking up in a level 5 or so painwise this morning. I'm anxious; I'm getting ready to go to another new doctor this morning, an endocrinologist to see if I can luck into a physician that might actually listen and attempt at problem solving and true diagnosing. I don't have much hope that this will occur today. I have spent more time with doctors in the past year than I have in my entire life.
I'm really angry at the medical system in this country that I was a part of for almost 40 years and its lackluster robotic limited tired apathetic practitioners and I wanted to just express it out loud this morning.
This started mostly in the past year and has put some limits on my activities at times and further added to the depression.
I started physical therapy in August and the committed therapist that I found myself is working hard on figuring out what is going on, he's a godsend.
The rheumatologist I first visited this summer is only good for writing the prescription for PT which I asked for. She only offered (I refused) to give steroid injections or other strong meds for arthritis (not opiates), the standard small template most docs nowadays work off of, in and out of the room with them in 5 minutes.
And the physical therapist and I have figured out I probably don't have systemic arthritis during the 3 months of working with him 3 times a week.
Maybe the endocrinologist today will look at me via a different lens.
Other things I have going on I want answers for why. I believe all of the symptoms I have are connected and going to a specialist that will only address one symptom and not look at the whole picture is really a waste of everyone's time and my money. And provides no help or healing bottom line. But it's the paradigm I have at my disposal to work with and I will continue to make attempts to obtain answers and possibly accomplish some relief without flooding my body with inappropriate medications.
It's a familiar story now for thousands of people caught up in a dysfunctional broken system. Doesn't make it any easier to accept or deal with. Why should it.
Thanks for reading if you made it this far.
I really hope that the endocrinologist can help you *hug
 

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
I'm between a 4 and a 5 today. I spent too long on my foot and I'm now paying the price. I really stupidly agreed to help out a friend tomorrow who has a dog walking business so I'm going to be on it non stop for over 3 hours. Considering I haven't walked my dog longer than 20 minutes because the pain gets too intense...
 

Livelife

SF Supporter
I'm between a 4 and a 5 today. I spent too long on my foot and I'm now paying the price. I really stupidly agreed to help out a friend tomorrow who has a dog walking business so I'm going to be on it non stop for over 3 hours. Considering I haven't walked my dog longer than 20 minutes because the pain gets too intense...
*hugCan you cancel tomorrow? and schedule yourself for another help day with your friend?
 

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
*hugCan you cancel tomorrow? and schedule yourself for another help day with your friend?
Not without her having to cancel her clients last minute and that could be really bad for her business.
I'm planning on taking the dogs to a very secure park so providing they all get on, I can hopefully let them off to play while I sit on the fence for a while.
 

Livelife

SF Supporter
Not without her having to cancel her clients last minute and that could be really bad for her business.
I'm planning on taking the dogs to a very secure park so providing they all get on, I can hopefully let them off to play while I sit on the fence for a while.
that sounds like a good plan, take care of yourself
 

Livelife

SF Supporter
Thanks, I'll try *hug

How did your appointment go today?
:)Amazing. An attentive personable practitioner that listened, engaged, ordered appropriate testing, didn't rush and gave a clear impression that she wanted to try and resolve what I presented her with. She walked into the room like she had known me for years. I haven't stopped smiling about it. Thank you for asking.*hug
 
Last edited:

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
:)Amazing. An attentive personable practitioner that listened, engaged, ordered appropriate testing, didn't rush and gave a clear impression that she wanted to try and resolve what I presented her with. She walked into the room like she had known me for years. I haven't stopped smiling about it. Thank you for asking.*hug
Wow! So glad it went well :)
 

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
Damn elbows are already acting up and its not even 6am. Will put protective support on them now and see if it keeps things to a minimum. Damn cold weather.
 

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
I'm so sore today. I managed to aggravate an old cruciate injury yesterday when I slid awkwardly in some mud.
 

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Did something to my back last night, although how I have zero idea. Pain is pretty stinking high today. Just trying to plug through and focus on other things.
 

FieryL

extremely and unhealthy anxious about future
Kinesio taping is an expensive blessing
right elbow 6-7
I am fed up with daily provocations from mother
Feeling suicidal right now
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$15.00
Goal
$255.00
Top