• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

post your major complaint here

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
#47
It has become major not petty when we are bombarded with junk mail for politicians on a daily basis getting duplicates of many same said advertisement. Getting robo calls to vote for someone especially when I am at work having to answer my phone as might be clients family calling etc never know and to say to vote for.....i just hang up on them midsentence. Its harassment. And unnecessary waste of materials going to the landfill. Those yard signs. A sight for sore eyes. Its the midterm election season here in Illinois and I am in the Chicago cook county district. Do not want NOTHING to do with politics right now. Arugh.
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
#50
one of my major complaints are stuck up snobs it doesn't matter if they're wealthy or just a little better off than us instead of sticking there nose up they should open their wallets for the poor
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
#52
Each day I feel more dissasociated from myself
i'm not sure but try writing down exactly who you are good and bad and when needed look at it and remind yourself of the real you and if things are getting worse tell your therapist because this can be very disrupting and you can obviously come here to talk I hope you feel better soon mike
 

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
#54
My major complaint for today is mental illness is not understood enough due to so many reasons we should be able to, for example; teaching it in schools and colleges even if it is only a once off class every so often. Bring the illness alive in people's minds and prevent suicides. I know its not that easy but it could be a start.
 

merlin123

Well-Known Member
#55
I don't really know where to post this but I think that I still haven't overcome how my parents treated me when I did something wrong accidentally, like falling or hurting myself

My father instead of being understanding and calming me he just shouted and got angry. Never, NEVER, get angry at kids when they hurt themselves. Everytime I trip over something, everytime I fall everytime I do somethibg wrong, I feel terribly angry at myself, as if I was just stupid trash. I know it doesn't make sense and I know that it was caused due to my father reaction, but I still can't overcome it, for whatever reason. Even when I was a kid, I asked my mother why he did that, she said that it was his way of being worried, and I, as a kid, already understood that that shouldn't be equivalent to "worry"

I really wish sometimes my parents were other people and I felt loved and all that
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
#56
My major complaint for today is mental illness is not understood enough due to so many reasons we should be able to, for example; teaching it in schools and colleges even if it is only a once off class every so often. Bring the illness alive in people's minds and prevent suicides. I know its not that easy but it could be a start.
you are right one of the major problems is people are afraid to interact with anyone with a mental illness and education would definitely help this
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
#58
I don't really know where to post this but I think that I still haven't overcome how my parents treated me when I did something wrong accidentally, like falling or hurting myself

My father instead of being understanding and calming me he just shouted and got angry. Never, NEVER, get angry at kids when they hurt themselves. Everytime I trip over something, everytime I fall everytime I do somethibg wrong, I feel terribly angry at myself, as if I was just stupid trash. I know it doesn't make sense and I know that it was caused due to my father reaction, but I still can't overcome it, for whatever reason. Even when I was a kid, I asked my mother why he did that, she said that it was his way of being worried, and I, as a kid, already understood that that shouldn't be equivalent to "worry"

I really wish sometimes my parents were other people and I felt loved and all that
different parents react differently I only yelled a t my kids if they did something extremely wrong or dangerous or a bad thing they kept repeating many times maybe your parents do this because that's how they were raised it's not an excuse just an explanation forgive them and move on it may help you to move on
 

merlin123

Well-Known Member
#59
different parents react differently I only yelled a t my kids if they did something extremely wrong or dangerous or a bad thing they kept repeating many times maybe your parents do this because that's how they were raised it's not an excuse just an explanation forgive them and move on it may help you to move on
I understand. My mother had her problems with my grandmother and I guess my father did with my grandfather. I try to be understanding but sometimes I get really angry and I feel a strong resentment towards them, I wish things had been different. I'm still not ready to forgive them, nor to accept it. Maybe I first need to forgive myself but that'll take some time

you must try to reintegrate yourself maybe with hobbies etc. or reconnecting with family and friends recognizing it is the first step i'm pulling for you good luck
I don't know, I talk to people and all that, but when I talk to them I don't feel like I am the one speaking. When I look at the mirror I don't see myself. When I speak here I don't feel myself. It's a weird feeling
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
#60
I understand. My mother had her problems with my grandmother and I guess my father did with my grandfather. I try to be understanding but sometimes I get really angry and I feel a strong resentment towards them, I wish things had been different. I'm still not ready to forgive them, nor to accept it. Maybe I first need to forgive myself but that'll take some time


I don't know, I talk to people and all that, but when I talk to them I don't feel like I am the one speaking. When I look at the mirror I don't see myself. When I speak here I don't feel myself. It's a weird feeling
keep trying you'll get there someday and you know you can always talk here we care and it helps me we all want you to get better so until we talk again please stay safe
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top