post your major complaint here

major drug companies. before the so called opioid crisis they were sitting high on top like happy bloated pigs selling all of these opioids. i take them because i have no choice, but i would love to have a non opioid solution for my pain. now that they can't keep getting fatter on opioid meds they do research on non opioids treatments. they have a lot of promising meds but it will take 5 to 10 years to become available. *rant*rant:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

mike
There's a man named Charlie Goldsmith and he lives in Australia. His gift is with deep healing work alleviating severe pain. I discovered him a few years ago when he had a season on tv of doing the healings. He works remotely as well as in person. And offers his services for free once or twice a month via live streaming in a Facebook like platform. I have attended many of them in the past couple of years just to watch him doing his work and healing and receive it as well. HIs session work takes very little time. If it doesn't sound too far fetched to you and there's any curiosity or interest in finding out about him just google him and see what you think.......*hugI can't think why I haven't mentioned him to you before this.....

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
the education system these days. they keep dumbing down things so kids will pass instead of doing the right thing and spending the money to teach ALL kids properly.

mike.*rant
I agree that kids are not getting the education they need. And we will pay a huge price for it later. But I don't think its all a money issue. Its kids who don't want to learn, they just want a free ride. And its parents, if the kids have both, who don't insist that their kids study. You can throw all the money you want at the schools, but if kids and parents don't value education, it won't help much.

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
I agree that kids are not getting the education they need. And we will pay a huge price for it later. But I don't think its all a money issue. Its kids who don't want to learn, they just want a free ride. And its parents, if the kids have both, who don't insist that their kids study. You can throw all the money you want at the schools, but if kids and parents don't value education, it won't help much.
Absolutely to both of you. We are getting students that learn by rote and not being taught how to think sad really since the resources are there, but not the motivation. Some really do but others don't and eventually the center will give where those that do know will not be able to carry the dead weight of those unable to think their way out of a paper bag. I remember in high school where no calculators were allowed in any math classes, now they are told to bring a calculator or phone with the option. It is scary when you see an article at a name college like Notre Dame among others that have to send incoming students to remedial English because those students are fluent in text speak and Twitter speak but are subliterate and dumbbell math unable to do simple arithmetic because they don't understand the things that you once would have down in elementary school...

Inanimate

Being bored to death yet being unable to die of boredom, but also not knowing what the hell I want in spite of it all. Being on auto-pilot perpetually because it’s the only recourse I have over being nonfunctional, as well as the only way I could possibly begin to find purpose and enjoyment in life.

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
Absolutely to both of you. We are getting students that learn by rote and not being taught how to think sad really since the resources are there, but not the motivation. Some really do but others don't and eventually the center will give where those that do know will not be able to carry the dead weight of those unable to think their way out of a paper bag. I remember in high school where no calculators were allowed in any math classes, now they are told to bring a calculator or phone with the option. It is scary when you see an article at a name college like Notre Dame among others that have to send incoming students to remedial English because those students are fluent in text speak and Twitter speak but are subliterate and dumbbell math unable to do simple arithmetic because they don't understand the things that you once would have down in elementary school...
Not so many years ago my employer sent out a company wide email explaining the difference between to, too, and two, and when to use each. So sad. Makes you wonder what kind of future this country has.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
i remember one of my kids said they didn't have to study for a math test because they were allowiing students to use the calculator during the test so all students would pass, this was multiplication and division not calculous. i put my foot down and made him study and said no calculator, also made sure the teacher wouldn't let him. i wasn't the only upset parent

mike....*hug*shake

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
i remember one of my kids said they didn't have to study for a math test because they were allowiing students to use the calculator during the test so all students would pass, this was multiplication and division not calculous. i put my foot down and made him study and said no calculator, also made sure the teacher wouldn't let him. i wasn't the only upset parent

mike....*hug*shake
Can you imagine asking newer students to recite the times table up to twelve like what was required in elementary school?

I can picture some students often way past elementary school years quoting Heart of Darkness/Apocalypse Now: The Horror, the horror.

Soul flower

mike....*hug*shake

I was hiring at a shop 2007 time frame - decent pay - first thing I did was a ruler test. Can you show me 8"? How about 9.5" etc .... cut 9/10 applicants every time. So either they didn't want the job, or we had adults who can't read a ruler back then.... imagine our future "doctors".

Dumbing down agenda is complete.

Soul flower

Can you imagine asking newer students to recite the times table up to twelve like what was required in elementary school?

I can picture some students often way past elementary school years quoting Heart of Darkness/Apocalypse Now: The Horror, the horror.
In Washington, D.C., the proportion of students beyond 3rd grade who cannot read well enough to participate in grade-level work is between 60 and 70 percent.

I've seen reports 65% US public education 8th graders do not read at proficient levels.

Stats are bit unnerving in this area to say the least.

My complaints are all related to medical right now. Can't help it, this is my world at the moment for the most part while I'm trying to get the care dots connected. Crickets from the group that are supposed to be ascertaining a second diagnosis of whether I have cancer or not, weeks now and no responses from even direct messaging the doctor. I wasn't allowed to move up my next appointment time which is at the end of the month. And this doctor refused to give any prescriptions even though the problems I'm currently experiencing are directly related to the first diagnosis he gave me. Says I have to go to a primary care MD for anything short of a transplant. Not kidding. Wait times are for weeks or months here to get into any physician these days. So next week I'll be going to another new doctor and telling my story one more time and hopefully receiving some needed assistance. I mistakenly posted a few days ago that I was to see him this week and I had the date wrong.
Thanks for listening ya'll.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
My complaints are all related to medical right now. Can't help it, this is my world at the moment for the most part while I'm trying to get the care dots connected. Crickets from the group that are supposed to be ascertaining a second diagnosis of whether I have cancer or not, weeks now and no responses from even direct messaging the doctor. I wasn't allowed to move up my next appointment time which is at the end of the month. And this doctor refused to give any prescriptions even though the problems I'm currently experiencing are directly related to the first diagnosis he gave me. Says I have to go to a primary care MD for anything short of a transplant. Not kidding. Wait times are for weeks or months here to get into any physician these days. So next week I'll be going to another new doctor and telling my story one more time and hopefully receiving some needed assistance. I mistakenly posted a few days ago that I was to see him this week and I had the date wrong.
Thanks for listening ya'll.
i totally understand how you feel. most doctors hate to prescribe anything more potent than aspirin these days. waiting on results decisions etc.usually takes more time than it should. i hope the new doctor works out well for you, i guess these days you have to plan 90 days in advance before you get sick. i miss having my old doctor, the one that used to make house calls, yes house calls

mike....*hug*shake

i totally understand how you feel. most doctors hate to prescribe anything more potent than aspirin these days. waiting on results decisions etc.usually takes more time than it should. i hope the new doctor works out well for you, i guess these days you have to plan 90 days in advance before you get sick. i miss having my old doctor, the one that used to make house calls, yes house calls

mike....*hug*shake
I remember house call days too!
Good one Mike;)Planning supposedly garners better results??:)*hug

my right upper and lower molars fucking hurts, it’s a persistent and shooting pain it goes to my cheeks and my jaws affecting all the neighboring teeth that i can no longer distinguish which ones are hurting or are they all hurting

i had a root canal in 2021, i don’t remember which one anymore but i remember the dentist told me that i have other teeth that may soon need treatment too

fuck my life… i still have 2 driving lessons to go to… shoving pain relievers and hope i survive, this fucking whiny cat specially at night and dawn is making things shittier for
me.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
my right upper and lower molars fucking hurts, it’s a persistent and shooting pain it goes to my cheeks and my jaws affecting all the neighboring teeth that i can no longer distinguish which ones are hurting or are they all hurting

i had a root canal in 2021, i don’t remember which one anymore but i remember the dentist told me that i have other teeth that may soon need treatment too

fuck my life… i still have 2 driving lessons to go to… shoving pain relievers and hope i survive, this fucking whiny cat specially at night and dawn is making things shittier for
me.
*hug*shake

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$165.00
Goal
$255.00