post your major complaint here

Being abandoned. I think people have short attention span and dispose people like rags. Everyone needs to feel entertained it seems. No patience with problems
I feel you Waves, I feel you

I'm also sorry for others dealing with their health problems and our zoo of a healthcare system. I'm currently pondering paying my fare for entrance to possibly make things better, or tough it out in the parking lot to avoid the mind games.

I cannot stand when people mistreat animals... Obviously anyone who deliberately hurts an animal is despicable and should go to prison. However, people who do really irresponsible things and an animal suffers as a result really anger me. This includes
- getting a pet when you're not allowed to have one (duh!) due to your rental agreement or other issue.
- getting a pet and then giving it up when it's past the cute puppy/kitten stage
- getting a pet and not taking the time to look after it properly
- getting a pet with no prior research
- getting a pet for your kids when your kids do not treat animals respectfully
- getting a pet and not thinking about the fact that this is a BIG committment and you can't just dump the pet when you move/have children/whatever other crap excuse.
- Not providing your pet with proper care including vet care
A lot of people do care about animals, but some people just fucking suck. A pet is not a disposable toy.

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Being abandoned. I think people have short attention span and dispose people like rags. Everyone needs to feel entertained it seems. No patience with problems
I can have a short attention span. With me it is more of can't see the forest for the trees oblivious and forgetfulness.

Inanimate

I can never honestly talk about what I’m thinking and how I’m feeling without asking myself “What’s the use?” and “Who will even care?” I always worry about “ruining everyone’s good time” or sounding negative or ungrateful or whatever bullshit feedback people get for taking off the mask.

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I cannot stand when people mistreat animals... Obviously anyone who deliberately hurts an animal is despicable and should go to prison. However, people who do really irresponsible things and an animal suffers as a result really anger me. This includes
- getting a pet when you're not allowed to have one (duh!) due to your rental agreement or other issue.
- getting a pet and then giving it up when it's past the cute puppy/kitten stage
- getting a pet and not taking the time to look after it properly
- getting a pet with no prior research
- getting a pet for your kids when your kids do not treat animals respectfully
- getting a pet and not thinking about the fact that this is a BIG committment and you can't just dump the pet when you move/have children/whatever other crap excuse.
- Not providing your pet with proper care including vet care
A lot of people do care about animals, but some people just fucking suck. A pet is not a disposable toy.
I completely agree with you.

My cats tend to be the driving force that puts my suicidal ideation in check these days. I'd have to rehome my cats first, I'd just have to. Calypso won't eat when I'm not home, so how would she ever survive in a new home? Loki was returned to the shelter 3 times before I adopted her because she was seen as too much, and has health problems. They are both classified as special needs cats, who would take both of them? They came to live with me because they needed me and I needed them and it's the way it's meant to be.

it’s been 3 weeks since i took in the stray.
3 weeks of no decent sleep.
I have files to pass and classes, they are all far away so i have to wake up at 3am to get ready for my commute, i come back home at 5pm
every night and dawn that stray wont shut up, i tried everything up to earplugs, 3 weeks of no decent sleep, i am exhausted and my patience has ran out,

tonight of all places she peed on my bed, 2 pillows and the remote control despite the many pee pads everywhere.

ENOUGH.

i’m sending her back out, i’ll let fate decide for her, i wont meddle, i have sacrifice far too much when i had nothing to give to begin with.

Sitting in a situation that shouldn't be and that I've never been in before. It may appear minor but it is important and the real major aspect is that it's a reflection of what is now in permanent place and will continue to be problematic.

I'm scheduled for an important procedure in about two plus weeks. And I have to have someone drive me home. Who in hell is that going to be? There's no taxi cabs where I live. There is no service like UBER or the other one I can't remember the name of. Hard to believe in Houston but it's true. And this area I live in does not have city bus service. I guess I could walk the 18 miles home. The one person here in Houston I am friends with lives 35 miles away from me.
I'd try and drive myself but I probably couldn't get away with it, they more than likely keep eyes on you and accompany you to the car after leaving recovery.

Does anyone please have ANY suggestions that would help me? I would be so happy to hear one..
Thank you,
Janis

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Sitting in a situation that shouldn't be and that I've never been in before. It may appear minor but it is important and the real major aspect is that it's a reflection of what is now in permanent place and will continue to be problematic.

I'm scheduled for an important procedure in about two plus weeks. And I have to have someone drive me home. Who in hell is that going to be? There's no taxi cabs where I live. There is no service like UBER or the other one I can't remember the name of. Hard to believe in Houston but it's true. And this area I live in does not have city bus service. I guess I could walk the 18 miles home. The one person here in Houston I am friends with lives 35 miles away from me.
I'd try and drive myself but I probably couldn't get away with it, they more than likely keep eyes on you and accompany you to the car after leaving recovery.

Does anyone please have ANY suggestions that would help me? I would be so happy to hear one..
Thank you,
Janis
if you can't find a friend to drive you home offer a neighbor or aquaintance $20 to drive you home, even if they have to drive your car. you could also call social services at the place you are having the procedure, i'm sure if cabs are a problem they have had to solve this before . i wish you luck solving this

mike...*hug*hug*shake

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni

Thank you,
Janis
Is there a hotel nearby where you could stay the night after the procedure. One that is not too expensive.

Feeling bad about not telling the truth, because the truth in some situations will make things worse.

What I mean is when a coworker asks you what you're doing for Thanksgiving or Xmas(already assuming that you celebrate them), and you just tell them some bs to get them off your back and avoid an uncomfortable situation, rather than the truth which is I don't celebrate and I'll be completely alone, just like any other day of the year. Which I'm fine with, but will be treated like a freak if I don't answer the way they're expecting. This has to do with the whole, "Why do you ask how I'm doing if you don't really care, or only want to hear something positive?" question.

I also ran into my ex boss recently who was a SOB, but I put on the fake smile just to make the situation go away as quickly as possible. This was actually at my current job. What was I supposed to do, say, "F U turd, I hope you rot in hell for all the mental anguish you caused to me"? You can't say that, especially on the clock. I just hate in life it seems that it's easier or necessary to lie sometimes instead of being honest. I also wonder, how long could I actually last in the world if I told the truth all the time, in all situations? I don't think very long... I'm forced to lie in order to survive, and I hate that

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Feeling bad about not telling the truth, because the truth in some situations will make things worse.

What I mean is when a coworker asks you what you're doing for Thanksgiving or Xmas(already assuming that you celebrate them), and you just tell them some bs to get them off your back and avoid an uncomfortable situation, rather than the truth which is I don't celebrate and I'll be completely alone, just like any other day of the year. Which I'm fine with, but will be treated like a freak if I don't answer the way they're expecting. This has to do with the whole, "Why do you ask how I'm doing if you don't really care, or only want to hear something positive?" question.

I also ran into my ex boss recently who was a SOB, but I put on the fake smile just to make the situation go away as quickly as possible. This was actually at my current job. What was I supposed to do, say, "F U turd, I hope you rot in hell for all the mental anguish you caused to me"? You can't say that, especially on the clock. I just hate in life it seems that it's easier or necessary to lie sometimes instead of being honest. I also wonder, how long could I actually last in the world if I told the truth all the time, in all situations? I don't think very long... I'm forced to lie in order to survive, and I hate that
sometimes we have to tell little white lies. as for someone asking what you're doing for the holiday tell the truth with a little sugar coating. just tell them that you are going to be alone but you have a routine or tradition that you like to do. if they invite you to dinner or something, seriously think about the offer. if you think you can get any joy out of it accept, if not stick to what you said about tradition. my wife and i made a tradition of having thanksgiving dinner at home period. family is always invited but we turn down all offers. it's your life so celebrate the holidays any way you feel comfortable with

mike....*hug*shake

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
i miss my baby already and she has only been in the garage a couple of hours. i'm in a great place and this is the 1st year i didn't get depressed about putting my 64 dodge away. i told my wife again we should become snowbirds and we wouldn't have to deal with this anymore. my main complaint is i have to lose her 3 to 4 months a year lol

mike...*hug*shake

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter

I would say you did well. You did what they wanted to hear because you are correct about what they expect. Most people aren't interested in true life as opposed to some fantasy of life so just being polite and moving on is the best way. I normally just don't answer them if it may be negative, but I am also lucky that most people just leave me alone and don't bother me with such.

it’s been 3 weeks since i took in the stray.
3 weeks of no decent sleep.
I have files to pass and classes, they are all far away so i have to wake up at 3am to get ready for my commute, i come back home at 5pm
every night and dawn that stray wont shut up, i tried everything up to earplugs, 3 weeks of no decent sleep, i am exhausted and my patience has ran out,

tonight of all places she peed on my bed, 2 pillows and the remote control despite the many pee pads everywhere.

ENOUGH.

i’m sending her back out, i’ll let fate decide for her, i wont meddle, i have sacrifice far too much when i had nothing to give to begin with.
So sorry, Shelly. We use a spray bottle with water and if our cats are meowing too much at night we spray them. I don't know if you have her anymore but maybe a shelter would take her? I hope you are okay.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$130.00
Goal
$255.00